Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2011, 03:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

4x23 - "The Engagement Reaction" - 5/12/2011

When Howard finally breaks the news to his mom that he's engaged to Bernadette, it lands her in the hospital.
Guest Stars: Melissa Rauch as Bernadette, Carol Ann Susi as Mrs. Wolowitz, Aarti Mankad as Priya, Phil Abrams as Dr. Bernstein, Sharon Omi as Nurse in Biohazard Suit
Writers: Bill Prady (Story), Eric Kaplan (Story), Jim Reynolds (Story), Chuck Lorre (Teleplay), Steven Molaro (Teleplay), Steve Holland (Teleplay)
Director: Howard Murray

Last edited by Andu; 05-14-2011 at 07:08 PM
WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 04:16 AM
Part-Time Fan

I recorded the episode last night but didn't bother to watch it until today.
Funny! I think this is my new favorite episode for season 4. Admittedly that's not saying a whole lot....

I liked that all the characters were involved, I liked the card playing. I liked the Penny Priya interaction.
I didn't miss Amy.

Raj was just wonderful.

OK, lets keep Priya as Leonard's gf with NO drama.
Lets semi drop Amy.
I liked the slightly edgy Bernadette, keep it up.
More interaction between the 4 guys.
Keep it funny!!
linux3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:59 AM
Master Fan

Didn't watch it yet
Vampire Diaires was too good to switch over for and GA was too good to watch this last night

will come back tomorrow
LostInTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i was waiting for the episode...and it was a great one last night!! so funny!!! didn't miss amy one bit!!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
ocfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:22 AM
Absolute Fan

DP. sorry.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:22 AM
Absolute Fan

can I make a survey?
how many girls around here, are talking about their ex's sex-life with the new girlfriend?
But the girlfriend has to be someone "new", I mean, not someone you were friends with first.
Anyone?
maybe I'm just becoming too old for all this ***t!?!?

I liked Bernadette and Howard, they were cute and funny.
Raj was ...weird? Mean? Not himself?

Something was off with this episode. I don't know what.
Not hating it. Cannot say I liked it...pfshhh I really don't know.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:02 AM
Absolute Fan

I`ve seen the episode twice and I`m still confused about the whole Penny & Priya interaction.

The first part of the episode was logical to what we have been seeing during the last couple of episodes with Penny being unconfortable with Priya around and then, they have to go to the hospital and all of the sudden they`re buddies and start talking about their sex life?

I want to believe that maybe Penny was trying to make her jealous showing her she got the best from Leonard but that`s just maybe what I want to believe (x.files opening theme for the last sentence).

I don`t want drama but it felt VERY out of place if you think of all the lastest episodes.

Sheldon was extremely neurotic and to be honest, if I was there I would have kicked his ass, but that`s our Sheldon, and we love him anyway!

The best of the episode for me was Howard & Bernadette, they made me laugh all along (specially when Howard tried to take the door down hahah) and when Bernie yelled at him like his mother, and he found it sexy...and Raj, we know he can be naughty sometimes and I totally love that.

I did miss Amy but she wouldn`t have added anything on this situation so it was OK.

Defininitely though, is not gonna be between my favourite episodes of the season.

p.s.;: I really need to teach those writers how to play MTG, It always bothered me how they play it so wrong! I know it is suppossed to be a different game (although they are MTG cards with a ligh blue sticker to cover the logo) but it doesn`t make sense!!!! hahah sorry, NERD rambling!
Sursonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:42 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sursonica (View Post)
p.s.;: I really need to teach those writers how to play MTG, It always bothered me how they play it so wrong! I know it is suppossed to be a different game (although they are MTG cards with a ligh blue sticker to cover the logo) but it doesn`t make sense!!!! hahah sorry, NERD rambling!
Really? When Wheaton was on the show last year he said they made their own cards:

First of all, for anyone who is wondering, the show's art department made actual cards with actual graphics and rules on them, and we all spent a fair amount of time making up some logical rules to go with the Mystic Warlords of Ka'a. As far as I know, there aren't official rules or an official card set, but I'm sure someone will create one within a couple of weeks if the show doesn't. (Oh please, oh please.)

I'll have to drop by later to give my own thoughts on the episode when I have more time... I did enjoy it, especially everything with Howard and Bernadette - Howard trying to break down the door was hysterical!
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
ennaxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Not bad.

Howard thought he had given his mum an heart attack with the wedding news

Sheldon got exposed

Priya and Penny hanging out?
Old 05-13-2011, 09:11 AM
New Fan

I am still p!ssed about this episode...so many wrong turns...so many inconsistencies.

The only thing I laughed about was Wolowitz running into the door.

I've ranted about the epi on the L/P thread...
akredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:11 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennaxor (View Post)
Really? When Wheaton was on the show last year he said they made their own cards:

First of all, for anyone who is wondering, the show's art department made actual cards with actual graphics and rules on them, and we all spent a fair amount of time making up some logical rules to go with the Mystic Warlords of Ka'a. As far as I know, there aren't official rules or an official card set, but I'm sure someone will create one within a couple of weeks if the show doesn't. (Oh please, oh please.)
:
Well, it could be but for what I`ve seen they really do look like MTG cards, and the rules... they don`t seem to have any except for Enchanted Bunny is beaten by anything unless he gets the carrot of power! hahah. I love that.

p.s.2_: i just printed the infinite Sheldon card, I`m gonna add it to my spoof deck to make a combo with my Chuck Norris card
Sursonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

What a funny episode. At the beginning where Sheldon was drining Leonard water at the Cheesecake Factory and then he got paniced ´cause of this germ phobia
Then I loved Howards jump as he was trying to break the door of the toilett at his home (I don`t know if Simon did this stunt by himself but he played it fantastic!)
Then Raj was tricking Sheldon as they where playing cards at the apartment from Sheldon and Leonard , Raj told Sheldon that he (Sheldon) was drinking his (Raj´s) water but later Raj said to the other guys that Sheldon drank his own water but without knowing that and then as Sheldon was looking for the mouthwash in the bathroom Raj was hiding it behind a pillow on the couch *hahaha* Raj was so sassy in this episode I loved it
And the next highlight was the end of the episode where the guys were playing cards (Mystic Warlords of Ka`a) in the isolation room with Sheldon and the other guys where wearing these suits which you were when you don`t wanna be infected (the suits kinda looked like spacesuits)
The Penny/Priya dialog was okay and a little confusing.
Aha Leonard is the king of foreplay

PS: Roxanne is right this card game Mystic Worlords of Ka´a was created for the show. I´ve met Wil Wheaton at a convention about two weeks ago and I asked him about this game and he confirmed that what Roxanne said.
BTW Wil Wheaton is a really cool guy I want him back on the show.
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:51 AM
Master Fan

Priya was out of place, she didn't need to be there,
Howard is not her friend,neitheris Bernadette.
LostInTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:43 AM
Elite Fan

I also found Penny/Priya bonding a little odd but I don't really see this as a sign of them becoming friends. Priya still sounded a little condescending at the beginning when she asked what Penny was doing at the hospital in the first place... which Penny had much more of a right to be there than Priya as Penny actually *is* friends with Howard and Bernadette (and shouldn't have to give that up because of Priya).

I wonder more of what's going on with why Priya hesitated, again, about the idea of telling her parents about Leonard... I thought they were planning a trip to India last episode (which I'd assume would involve meeting them ).

It just doesn't seem at all like Priya's secure in her relationship with Leonard... I'm really ready for her to just get lost!

I actually found Sheldon's storyline to be the strangest. It's not like he hasn't been to the hospital before. This episode just seemed like it was sacrificing consistency for jokes... though it's not like that hasn't happened on sitcoms before.

For what I did like, Howard/Bernadette... which surprised me. It's not that I really have a problem with them but I always thought I'd have liked them better if Howard got a long term love interest later in the show. Howard breaking down the door was classic and I about fell over at Howard saying he finds it hot when Bernadette's mad because of how much she sounds like Mrs. Wolowitz (Melissa does such an awesome impression).

And personally I thought Raj was funny. It's not like this is the first time he or Howard ever tried to get the best of Sheldon.

Also nice to get a break from Amy. She's better in small doses.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:10 PM
Loyal Fan

I really liked this episode! Definitely one of the best in this season.

Raj was awesome!

Howard/Bernadette were hilarious! Especially in the end where she talked like his mother! How creepy was that???

I didn't get how Sheldon suddenly became a germophobic. He always was sensitive about illness or cleanliness, but he wasn't that bad. I still remember the scene where he threw the bag with the food in the trash can and then he picked it up again, he just blew the bag and that's it. Not a behaviour of a germophobic.
Other than that, seeing him play in the end with the other guys was probably the best scene in season4, just because it was just them being nerds.

Penny/Priya interaction didn't make sense at all!!!
geoizz545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread