Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2011, 02:17 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

4x17 - "The Toast Derivation" - 2/24/11

The Toast Derivation

Sheldon struggles to cope when he realizes it's actually Leonard who is the center of their social group.

Guest Stars: Kevin Sussman as Stuart, John Ross Bowie as Barry Kripke, Brian Thomas Smith as Zack, Aarti Mankad as Priya, Levar Burton as Himself, Mayim Bialik as Amy Fowler, Melissa Rauch as Bernadette
Writers: Bill Prady (Story), Dave Goetsch (Story), Maria Ferrari (Story), Chuck Lorre (Teleplay), Steven Molaro (Teleplay), Jim Reynolds (Teleplay)
Director: Mark Cendrowski

"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
ennaxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ew! Shirtless Stuart? :scarred:

But I am otherwise excited!

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:29 PM
New Fan

Beautiful dress from Penny...i hope she wears it for Leonard..
nikostheater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

I don't think the dress is that good at all. It looks all rinkley.
Berserkrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:00 PM
Passionate Fan

There is nothing wrong with that dress.

Amy was making me laugh with some of her dialogue tonight.
carl1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

didn't love it...didn't hate it...somewhere in the middle, some funny parts...not as funny as last week!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
ocfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

LOVED this ep! The PSA conversations, the scenes with "the girls", I loved the storyline at the Raj Mahal, and I loved the party. Just great!

Old 02-24-2011, 08:18 PM
Master Fan

Very funny episode, I do not always like when they get segregated but I think they need to do that for this LP arc with Priya. but sheldon with the group or recurrers was great! I only wish he included Leslie
Good epi though
and awwwwwwww Penny still has that snowflake right next to her bed and just seeing it drove her to ****ville

OK did anyone else giggle at thethought of Penny saying hooray for "Leonardwood" since Shelly needed those noise cancelling head phones I bet she said that alot

Oh ETA Zach was eating MILK DUDS!!!!!

Last edited by LostInTime; 02-24-2011 at 08:26 PM
LostInTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

I think it was very funny, and the continuity was great!

Sheldon was so sweet and kind of more...accepting, I mean he was quirky as hell (like usual) and he still had those long article like moments, but he was never harsh and Jim is really good looking so it helps. He was just doing these "lost" faces with the whole ordeal, it's like he is finally realizing the world is not as he think he is (or that's what I hope for...actual development)

"I'm Bawy Kwipke, and I'm here because you told thew was going to be a waffle"

"Patience, patience, Kripke, the waffle-the raffle!" That was amazing x3

I liked his scene with Penny because he was holding the iphone while Amy and Penny talked, and then him saying he was the whimsical duck P I also liked when he was with Leonard telling him about his new friends coming over. Those scenes had chemistry in waves.

Priya is so sweet and understanding, too bad it's...oh

I think the writers are trying to make us believe -through Amy and Bernadette- that Penny still is obsessing over Leonard, I know she supposedly hurts for him, but she is not whiny or over dramatic, so those moments in which they recall her relationship are awkward (for me mind you).

She looked really pretty with that dress, and I laughed every time they mentioned biting a hiney
Fercita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 01:56 AM
Master Fan

My favorite line hands down is after Sheldon appears at Raj's and Howard goes, "It's like Beatlejuice, we said his name too many times."

I burst out laughing, I love Howard's lines.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Lee I saw Zack eating the milk duds!
Personally I'm glad they're not showing Penny as "whiny and overdramatic" because whiny is a lot of what we've gotten from Leonard and overdramatic has been done before-a lot. I'm glad she has girl friends now so it doesn't have to get to the point when she gets whiny and tries to talk to Sheldon-that never ends well.

Old 02-25-2011, 07:37 AM
Dedicated Fan

Liked the continuity callbacks with the snowflake.

The Penny, Bernadette, and Amy stuff was the best part of the show. The other storylines were alright.

Levar Burton was wasted, they should have saved him for a different episode and given him more to do.
Berserkrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ I agree about Levar, he should have either been in the episode more o waited until another episode with him as a secondary plot.

Otherwise, I loved this episode this show has become my favorite and it never lets me down with the funny.

Sheldon for once didn't come off as bossy or pathetic when Leonard and the guys started hanging out at Raj's. But, I really love how they played this storyline with the "other guys" cause the three didn't want to do anything Sheldon wante to do and that was sad to see cause with Leonard,Raj,Howard and even Penny they always do what Sheldon wants. I have never liked Sheldon cause of his very bossy ways when people are over but to switch the two situations was fun.

I don't know why they are pushing the Leonard & Penny seperate storylines the way they are but to have Amy and Bernadette constantly point out that Penny isn't over Leonard is kind of getting annoying. Although it's sweet that Amy and Bernadette are being nice friends it really is getting annoying. Penny, she's handling this very well and I'm proud of her.

Over all, I really enjoyed this episode.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
MrღMrsStinsbatskys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Good episode.

Sheldon and the new buddies

Amy is really torturing Penny with this Leonard/Pryia thing!

Night's @ Raj's!
Old 02-25-2011, 09:38 AM
Ultimate Fan

I thought the episode will be annoying for me after reading details, but missing Sheldon saved the epi for me.

"We're with you whatever happens."
icon|Umay
Ford07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread