Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2016, 03:02 PM
Obsessed Fan

10.03: The Dependence Transcendence - 10/3/16

Tensions rise when the boys struggle to complete their government project on time and Sheldon tries an energy drink to stay awake. Also, Penny and Amy go to a "party" at Bert (Brian Posehn) the geologist's house, and Koothrappali learns Bernadette's true feelings about her pregnancy when they clean out the future baby room, on The Big Bang Theory, Monday, Oct. 3, 8/7c

Yay Bert! Yay Bert! Yay Bert! Yay Bert! Yay BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRT!!!!!
Old 10-03-2016, 05:44 PM
Master Fan

TFTNT!

All the stories were really great and balanced. I like how they ended Sheldon's crazy behaviour with something more emotional and human.

I also totally thought that when Raj asked if the dollhouse was Bernadette's that she would say, "No, it's Howard's."
SargeantFuzzyBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I LOVED THIS EPISODE. I'll have to post more about it later because the Scorpion premiere is in 9 minutes, but I really loved it!

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 06:14 PM
Obsessed Fan

A bit of me is always going to wish there were more people at the party, just for more points of view on Bert giving Amy the title of Cal Tech's prom queen. Another bit of me would have liked to see Sheldon struggle with caffeine addiction over several days. That settles the argument. THIS SHOW NEEDS TO BE AN HOUR LONG!
Bernadette's story was very humanizing and it was so sweet that Raj called up his dad because he knew what to say.
Nice bit of humorous realism that the military is no stranger to projects running behind schedule. A schedule set by an over zealous know it all.
Old 10-03-2016, 08:47 PM
Master Fan

TFTNT and I loved this episode! Properly laughed out loud a lot.

Raj and Bernadette had some FANTASTIC moments. Loved the serious bits, and Raj had some very funny lines, like "I think you were mean before you were pregnant, but..."
I hope they continue this theme of Raj being involved and helping Bernadette through the difficulties she has; it could develop into a unique and wonderful sort of relationship.

Captain, you're absolutely right - we need a longer show! The part with Raj's dad was very nice, but I really would've liked to hear more from him; Bernadette was reassured a bit too quickly.

I LOVED the bit where Sheldon broke down and admitted he couldn't do the math, and Leonard comforting him.
The part that ended with Howard saying "That was painful to watch," was very funny too.

Oh, and the Amy/Penny/Bert storyline! That was great too! I suspect not everyone would quite agree with Bert about Amy's popularity, but it doesn't matter either way. Poor Bert, though.
"The hot girls always hang out together." Oh, my! It's great to see Amy get some sort of fulfillment of her teenage wishes or at least some compensation for the way she'd been left out in the past. Amy as the cool girl on campus - I love it.
Old 10-03-2016, 09:01 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

My favorite storyline of the night was Raj and Bernadette! I'm really glad the writers are keeping with her character and her previous thoughts on having kids. It'll be interesting to see how that continues to develop through her pregnancy.

The other storylines had their moments, but I wasn't a huge fan.
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
ennaxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 11:01 PM
Master Fan

I liked the episode and all 3 storylines - And yes the episodes should be much longer

Raj/Bernadette was very touching and it was sweet Raj called his Dad at the end.

I'm happy for Amy that she is a popular girl now (at least Bert thinks it ). ... and Penny trying to make geology-jokes

~Susanne ~
smoguntia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 04:12 AM
Supreme Fan

"Let's science the feces out of this!"
Old 10-04-2016, 04:51 AM
Ultimate Fan

Just watched this episode and I loved it! All three storylines were great, with the guys and B/R handling the more emotional stories while the P/A + Bert got the biggest laughs from me.

I hope we see more of Bert in the future, he's awesome And yeah, even if Amy is not objectively the most popular girl at Caltech, it's still good that she got this confidence boost. (And she's a trendsetter!)

Besides that, Sheldon was really funny while he struggled with his fake addiction problem and I thought the end was so sweet when in a moment of vulnerability, he admitted to his inability to solve the math. And we got to see Daddy Leonard comforting him again (love the additional implication that he put him to bed the night before )

The Bernadette-Raj storyline was lovely too. I like how they're continuing to deal with Bernadette's hesitance about motherhood, and I love how supportive Raj was of her That's my favorite kind of Raj.
IcyBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 09:59 AM
Master Fan

Nice episode

I liked a lot Penny and Amy at Bert's party. Yeah, Bert's point of vue od Amy's and Sheldon's popularity is probably biased, but it was good to see her having this boost of confidence, and Penny was really happy for her, teasing her about it. I liked also that Penny asked about Leonard's popularity.

It was nice to see Raj helping Bernadette with her pregnancy's struggle, I'm glad too to see this line being developed. But to be honest I have also difficulties with Raj being so invasive, I get the "fun" part, but I don't like it so much.
~Laurence~
soundsgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 10:30 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyBerry (View Post)

The Bernadette-Raj storyline was lovely too. I like how they're continuing to deal with Bernadette's hesitance about motherhood, and I love how supportive Raj was of her That's my favorite kind of Raj.
Aw, yeah.
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundsgood (View Post)
Nice episode
I liked also that Penny asked about Leonard's popularity.
Yes. I loved how excited she was when she was like, "That's me," the hot girl who he 'tricked' into marrying him.

ETA
Jessica Radloff's review.
http://www.glamour.com/story/the-big...itter_referral

Worth pointing out that she's misquoted Bernadette as saying 'every girl' rather than 'not every girl' dreams of being a mom. Quite an significant error. But she had good things to say about the episode.

Last edited by Whimsical Elf; 10-04-2016 at 10:42 AM
Whimsical Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 10:58 AM
Fez
Elite Fan

Nice episode. I loved the scenes with Bert. Sheldon on caffeine is always a treat.
The more pregnancy related scenes Bernadette gets, the more the concept if a Big Bang Baby bothers me. I'm really starting to hate the fact that her character is being reduced to the working mother vs raising kids topic. I would have been perfectly fine without there ever even being a baby in the first place.

"The best number is 73. Why? 73 is the 21st prime number. Its mirror, 37, is the 12th and its mirror, 21, is the product of multiplying 7 and 3... and in binary 73 is a palindrome, 1001001, which backwards is 1001001.".
~Sheldon L. Cooper, PhD
Fez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 11:04 AM
Master Fan

While I like what Jessica said, it's not the first time Sheldon is vulnerable over a work project. He broke down when Kripkes research was "leaps and bounds ahead" of his one.

~Susanne ~
smoguntia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 11:10 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoguntia (View Post)
While I like what Jessica said, it's not the first time Sheldon is vulnerable over a work project. He broke down when Kripkes research was "leaps and bounds ahead" of his one.
And the whole resonance fake discovery thing. Not to mention Dennis Kim.

Jessica certainly fangirls with us, but she's not quite the ultra-informed nerd fan that some of us are.
Old 10-04-2016, 12:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennaxor (View Post)
My favorite storyline of the night was Raj and Bernadette! I'm really glad the writers are keeping with her character and her previous thoughts on having kids. It'll be interesting to see how that continues to develop through her pregnancy.
Me too. And I like how the show addressed that some women want to get that giddy excitement about their babies but just can't. That's really important and not really discussed - on TV and in real life - all that much.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread