Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2010, 07:00 PM
Passionate Fan

you can't lose Penny. She represents the non geek world. Sheldon can't go, he is the most popular character. As long as Sheldon is around, Leonard can't go. Let's be honest he is the only one that can put up with Sheldon's many quirks. Howard and Raj if any would be the most expedable. They couldn't handle Sheldon staying with either of them for more than a couple of hours. Besides the show has become so popular because of how these 5 actors interact with each other thru their characters.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:19 PM
Master Fan

at this point do we really need a NON geek role? Honestly I don't think the show NEEDS it anymore. It did at first but we know them now and the geek and science stuff really is the best part. I am not so sure we need a non geek to portray the every day person anymore. again I don't want any of them to go and while I would have agreed in Season 1 that Howard or Raj would be the easiest to go without now I don't. they have really become a lot more intertwined into the show and honestly I love stuff with the four guys ALOT. I love LP as a couple but the stuff i love the most is the four guys together we used to need Penny to show us the contrast so we would know what is considered "geeky" but after three years we really don't need the contrast anymore.

Again I don't think any of us wants any of them to go but I still think hypothetically if any of them decided to go the show really could move on with out the non geek
Old 03-15-2010, 06:52 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInTime (View Post)
we used to need Penny to show us the contrast so we would know what is considered "geeky" but after three years we really don't need the contrast anymore.
I never saw the contrast as being used to show what's geeky and what isn't - we don't need to see Penny's reaction to the guys playing Klingon boggle to know it's not something "normal" people play. Her importance is in the humor that results from the contrast.
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
Old 03-15-2010, 06:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennaxor (View Post)
I never saw the contrast as being used to show what's geeky and what isn't - we don't need to see Penny's reaction to the guys playing Klingon boggle to know it's not something "normal" people play. Her importance is in the humor that results from the contrast.
That is true but I get the humor just watching the guys do their stuff,
Like I said I don't want any of them to go I think they are all great parts to the show.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:22 AM
Elite Fan

Not really an issue because there's no reason for any of them to go.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yup. Would cry if that happened, though.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

The show is about four geeks and a girl, so anybody of them go (even the "non-geek") wouldn't feel right and the show wouldn't be the same.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
The show is about four geeks and a girl, so anybody of them go (even the "non-geek") wouldn't feel right and the show wouldn't be the same.
100% agree.

Old 04-07-2010, 12:32 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Ok, so for those who want to remain spoiler-free, here are the bloopers and small behind the scenes stuff from last night... I figured posting it here is easier than all the individual actor's threads, and there's much involving Penny/Kaley anyway. I’ve done my best to keep things as vague as possible regarding the plot, so enjoy!

There’s a scene where Leonard’s talking about the reflector that man put on the moon. But Johnny forgot the line, and said, “man put… something up there.” So they stopped so he could check the line, and we clearly heard him say “sandwiches,” which was just random.

During this, Leonard is wearing these special glasses over his regular glasses. So on the next take, Johnny starts to say his line, but the special glasses start to fall down his face a little, prompting him to laugh. So they stop, try it again, but by the time the TVs turn on for us to see the scene (this was being filmed on a set to the far left, so the audience was watching it on the TV screens, and they turn the screens off between takes), the special glasses were halfway down Johnny’s face, and he was already laughing. So I guess one of the other cast members had pushed them down his face real quick, after action? I hope this ends up on the blooper reel, cause I’d really like to see what happened!

In the same scene, there’s a point where a character says something really stupid, and everyone has these “really?” expressions. But Penny in particular had a really funny reaction, which the camera focused on during the second take, which set the audience off laughing even more. Right after that, Sheldon speaks next, but as Jim started the audience was still laughing at Kaley. So that confused Jim, and he stopped, and asked, “What happened?” (At least, I’m like 95% sure that’s what he said; we couldn’t actually hear him, but that’s what it looked like, reading his lips.)

This isn’t a blooper, but an observation. There’s a scene where Leonard leaves his apartment, and Sheldon continues talking to him from the doorway. As Sheldon speaks, Johnny was standing about in front of the elevator, but none of the cameras were on him. And basically none of the audience could see him either, since he was covered by these big, tall barriers that they move around to put in front of the main sets when they’re not currently being used. But I could just barely see Johnny from a crack between where two of the barriers met, and I was impressed to see he was still staying in character as Leonard as he reacted (nonverbally) to Sheldon, even though really no one was watching him.

There’s a scene later where Sheldon’s in the kitchen, making English muffins in the toaster, and that toaster gave them a lot of trouble! On one take, Jim looked down at the toaster and said, “They appear to be on fire.” At first I thought it was a line change, but they really were, because it started smoking! So he stepped back, and some of the prop guys came up to deal with it.

Then on the next take, the muffins popped up when they weren’t supposed to, prompting a “Damn it!” from Jim (the first time I think we heard him swear!).

Later, Sheldon’s supposed to take a bite out of one of the muffins, but Jim wasn’t able to, and said something like, “Oh God, I can’t tear it!”

There was one point where Jim started to say a line, but then stopped, and said, “I thought I heard cut… But now I know I didn’t.”

There was a line that Johnny messed up a couple of times. He said something like, “I thought that maybe, no, there’s no maybe.” But then on the next take, he said maybe again, and then “Fu-!” (just the first half of the f-bomb, but drawn out).

At one point, they had Johnny just stand in the middle of the guys’ apartment, with a mike above him, so they could just record the audio of one of his lines. When Leonard says it, we don’t actually see his face, so the were just making sure they had a clear version they could put in. So Johnny came out from the hallway to do it, and I don’t know what was said to him, but he smiled and said, “It’s the last day of school!” Once everything was ready, he said the line, and then he was told to say it again, but faster. Johnny frowned a little, and said, “You’re bossy.” But he said it again, a little faster this time, and they said good, but say it one more time. And Johnny kinda made a face again (joking around) before finally saying the line again.

Finally, a lot of times after scenes, the guy who entertains the audience will say something like, “That’s Simon Helberg, everyone! And Kunal Nayyar! Give them a round of applause!” And usually the cast members will turn to the audience, and smile and wave, or something to acknowledge them. But last night at one point, after the guy said Kunal’s name, Kunal made a face and shook his head, and made the thumbs down sign with his hands!

So, yeah, I think that’s it from last night… This turned out to be longer than I’d expected!
Old 04-07-2010, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know I'd already said read most of this but it still made me smile!

Old 04-07-2010, 12:59 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for doing all this, Roxanne! I LOVE reading this stuff
For some reason, I can't stop smiling at Johnny saying "sandwiches," it's so random And "you're bossy." lol.
And Kunal giving a thumbs down

I seriously cannot wait to see the bloopers for this season.
* Leonard|Penny * House|Cuddy * Foreman|Thirteen * Chase|Cameron * Booth|Brennan * Hodgins|Angela * Chuck|Sarah * Castle|Beckett *
Old 04-07-2010, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am looking forward to getting this season soley for the bloopers!

Old 04-07-2010, 01:34 PM
Total Fan

Awww! Those are so funny! Thanks for posting them Roxanne! I especially loved Johnny's "You're bossy."

"I missed you." - "You know what I missed you too."
Amber LJ | My FanFiction | Twitter Icon by me.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

OMG! Thanks so much Roxanne! Really appreciate all the time you've invested in giving us the latest scoop on things! Sounds like a fun taping! Was the cast sad it was the last of the season or did they seem excited to call curtains on another year?

Thanks again for posting this!
Old 04-07-2010, 02:22 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
I am looking forward to getting this season soley for the bloopers!
Seriously, as soon as I get the season 3 DVDs, the first thing I'm gonna do is watch the blooper reel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally519 (View Post)
OMG! Thanks so much Roxanne! Really appreciate all the time you've invested in giving us the latest scoop on things! Sounds like a fun taping! Was the cast sad it was the last of the season or did they seem excited to call curtains on another year?

Thanks again for posting this!
They didn't seem to be sad. If anything, I think they were having fun knowing that it was their last episode for a while.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread