Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2004, 01:49 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Mariael311:
<STRONG>Hey Danielle and podmom!

Lotty- Of course! There are plenty of places that are great to stay at in the city and places to go, like Central Park, Chinatown, The Empire State Building and the Statue of Liberty! There are plenty of places to see and plenty of Obsessies in NY that can help! Hell, maybe even I can come up for whenever weekend you are there to meet you and show you what I know like, TIMES SQUARE!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Hey [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Mariael [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] that'd be great [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] more obsessies in one place the better for obsessing [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Those places sound great and will be on my list to do [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img] thanks [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]

Friendship
Observance
Loyalty
Destiny

To "let go" does not mean to stop caring, it means I can't do it for someone else.
Old 03-07-2004, 05:50 PM
Extreme Fan

I like seeing some press on the Tribeca Festival! [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img]

Tribeca Film Festival - Yahoo Movie News

Here's the article:
Quote:

De Niro Readies Next Tribeca Film Fest
Sunday March 7 5:55 PM ET

The third Tribeca Film Festival will screen 150 works on topics ranging from South African democracy to misery in a Brazilian prison, while celebrating lower Manhattan's rebirth after the terror attacks, actor Robert De Niro said.

"We felt we needed something to heal our neighborhood and our city," said De Niro, who co-founded the annual event in his lower Manhattan neighborhood.

This year's festival offers features, documentaries, shorts and major-studio premieres that last year drew 350,000 spectators who spent $47 million in the city. The festival will be held the first two weekends in May.

"There's a real sense of renewal and growth downtown," De Niro said at a news conference Friday at Silvercup Studios East in Queens, where he's shooting a new movie. It's also where the TV show "Sex & the City" was filmed.
___
On the Net: http://www.tribecafilmfestival.org

Governor Petaki, Robert DeNiro and Kevin Bacon at the press conference

And from The Hollywood Reporter: (No HEA mention)

Quote:
March 08, 2004
Tribeca's '04 film outing adds premieres, panels NEW YORK --

The 2004 Tribeca Film Festival will take place May 1-9 in lower Manhattan, featuring an expanded slate of activities including several feature film premieres, the Family Festival, outdoor events and panels, organizers said at a news conference. Festival executive director Peter Scarlet -- flanked by co-founders Robert De Niro, Jane Rosenthal and Craig Hatkoff, New York Gov. George Pataki, Kevin Bacon, Kyra Sedgwick, Julian Schnabel, Empire State Development Corp. chairman Charles Gargano and John Hayes, chief marketing officer at sponsor American Express -- outlined Friday what he called a tasting menu of features and documentaries that will make premieres during the festival, including DreamWorks' "Shark Tale," United Artists' "Coffee & Cigarettes," Showtime's "Cavedweller," Screen Media Ventures' "The 24th Day," Beech Hill Films' "A Hole in One" and the docu "The Beauty Academy of Kabul." (Randee Dawn)
Oh, and along with the hotel talk, I've been having trouble locating hotel rates in the Tribeca area for less than $125 a night (investigating just in case I can come). I think last time I was in NY I stayed outside the city in New Jersey and it was much cheaper. Any suggestions?

[ 03-07-2004: Message edited Hoodie ]
Old 03-08-2004, 02:50 PM
Master Fan

Lotty- No problem!

Hoodie- Share a room with other people and price will be cheaper or I think the Jersaey thing will work out! I dunno! It's up to you I guess! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2004, 09:22 PM
Passionate Fan

Hoodie thanks for the Tribeca news. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Cheap hotels do not exist in NYC, just a fact of life. I usually find its less expensive to do a package deal with hotel and airline combined. Can't wait until they announce when HEA will be shown so we can start shopping rates. I'm not too keen on staying in New Jersey though.
OBSESSED JB FAN #89

"The excitement is in not knowing what is next." ~ Jason Behr
Old 03-09-2004, 02:16 AM
Loyal Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Me and my roomies are seriously discussing coming out from CA for it [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Since two of us were IN the movie, we feel the need to show our support - plus it's just a damn good excuse to see New York! I've never been! So I'm excited and keeping my fingers crossed that I can pull my money together [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-09-2004, 01:57 PM
Master Fan

Kinsey- Ain't that the truth? But maybe we can talk some Hotel Manager to give us a discount if a large number of us stay in the same hotel.

Cookie- Yeah, Scottie told me that! That would be really cool! I can't believe you've never been to NY! Yeah, you gotta come out here! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2004, 09:56 AM
Passionate Fan

I think that's a good idea Mar. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
OBSESSED JB FAN #89

Old 03-10-2004, 11:50 AM
Loyal Fan

Well, you guys already know I'm totally going since i live here in Brooklyn New York. Just a train ride away from Tribeca. Plus, my Dad works near there, just a couple of blocks away! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] It seems that anything that gots to do with Jason and his movies is always near where my parents work. What a buddle! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

"Come back in 20 minutes."

"Tell me, when the snow melts, what does it become?"--Fruits Basket
Old 03-10-2004, 12:37 PM
Addicted Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Hey can anyone help [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] does anyone know any good online street/area maps of New York [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I don't understand how NY is made up [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] it'll help me understand needs for travel arrangements [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Friendship
Observance
Loyalty
Destiny

To "let go" does not mean to stop caring, it means I can't do it for someone else.
Old 03-10-2004, 12:40 PM
Master Fan

Kinsey- Thanks! I understand that everyone can't afford a really expensive hotel but if we're giving a hotel business you think they would work with us!

Lotty- Go to google and look up for tourist maps of NYC...but be specific and look up Manhattan!

Wendy- You lucky duck! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2004, 12:42 PM
Loyal Fan

Check Mapquest.com it should help. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-10-2004, 12:43 PM
Loyal Fan

Mar Heheehehe, I know [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Old 03-10-2004, 12:44 PM
Master Fan

Modesty is not you! J/K!!1 [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] I'd be like going crazy if I had that type of hook up! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2004, 12:56 PM
Loyal Fan

Huh? [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

Old 03-10-2004, 06:53 PM
Passionate Fan

Lotty here's a couple of good resources for you. The New York Port Authority site has great links to many of the major attractions, airport info and the NYC subway map -- a must! The bus maps are also very helpful. IMHO midtown is the best part of Manhattan to stay in. You're close to the theater district, Central Park and 5th Avenue shopping. I wouldn't stay too close to the Times Square area if I were you. It's a little nutty down there. Much, much safer than it used to be, but still chaotic and noisy. Downtown is a ghost town at night and on the weekends.
subway map

The Port Authority of New York

Manhattan Map

Hope that helps! [img]smilies/daisy.gif[/img]
OBSESSED JB FAN #89

Closed Thread   Post New Thread