Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2004, 01:03 PM
Dedicated Fan

We Want Our J-N-B!: 3 Jason mentions, & counting...

For those of you who despaired of adding anything to any scrapbook, display, or shrine LOL!, here's hope: 3 mentions of Jason Behr within a month... or so.

Things are heating up for Jason Behr, and here's a squib mention that may indicate he's once again becoming a blip on the radar:

From Buffy the Vampire Slayer magazine, an article called "The Watcher", about what former Buffy players have been up to (April/May 2004, p8)

An intro paragraph tells about SMG in The Grudge, and explains the premise; then we have:
Quote:
Roswell's Jason Behr (who played Billy Fordham in Season Two's "Lie to Me") will play her boyfriend; Jason has also just wrapped a lead role as a troubled rock singer in the film Shooting Livien. Xena creators Sam Raimi and Robert Tapert are producing The Grudge, which began shooting in Tokyo in January.
The rest of the article tells about the further adventures of Buffy grads like Alyson Hannnigan, Nicholas Brendon, Seth Green, and assorted trolls and demons, like Joss Whedon, Tom Lenk, and David Fury, LOL.

MyrnaLynne pointed out, in another thread, that there are 2 Jason mentions in Movieline magazine:

1 In the May edition (p.67), they have "Hollywood Top-10 Lists", and they mention Jason Behr in the "Young Hollywood Whatever-Happened-Tos..." List

2 In June (p.18?), they picture Jason Behr attending the Johnnie Walker party -- there are many others they could have shown, including Mark Ruffalo, but they chose JB!

Movieline has always had a soft spot in their hearts for JB, and they may be testing the waters to see if there is still any pulse in the body of his fans! If you want to let them know that YES!, we definitely do want to see/ hear/ know more about him, then write:

letters@movieline.com

And check out the thread of people who have been sending an e-mail campaign to Movieline and other mags, to prove that BehrNews sells magazines:

http://www.fanforum.com/forums/showt...5&pagenumber=1

Last edited by Michelle in Yonkers; 07-21-2004 at 05:56 PM
Old 06-06-2004, 01:49 PM
Elite Fan

I sent mine!! ...........Thanks for the link Michelle
Old 06-06-2004, 02:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

Good girl! You get a gold star, and there will be prizes for star participants!

Actually, the real reward will be finally seeing JB mentioned in the magazines, brought to the attention of the people who read them, and then having him considered and chosen for more roles, we get more road trips to fun film festivals, ...

I dream big... what can I say?

I've always been in love with the idea that enough little people, banding together, can accomplish great things. So let's just see!

Instead of sighing about A Certain Person's body parts, let's ... give them a boost up onto the screen!

Old 06-06-2004, 02:33 PM
Master Fan

It was the June Movieline and there were plenty of photos of Mark Ruffalo as well, but yes, things are looking up as far as JB mentions in the press! (Also 'Livien' and Jason got a mention in the 'Starlog' article about his costar Sarah Wynter.)
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan

Last edited by MyrnaLynne; 06-06-2004 at 02:41 PM
Old 06-06-2004, 02:39 PM
Passionate Fan

me too!

Sent mine too! Guess this means I passed the test
BehrFamily Waitress#37 DREAMER ClosetOUTSIDER JBObsessie#10 Bob#8, Cronomaniac
Old 06-06-2004, 02:44 PM
Extreme Fan

Great idea for a thread, [b]Michelle![/b]

We love the fact that you got that home computer! Great idea to post news sightings.

I was just thinking that we are kind of missing a news thread on the board, if people are wondering what Jason's been up to - recent projects etc. This probably seems obvious to those of us who follow his carreer on a minute to minute basis, but for peeps just popping by and want an update, I hope this is helpful. (And please correct me / add your own info..) I hope this is an OK post for this thread, Michelle, even if this may not be what you had in mind.

Jason's projects - feature films: (All credit to Vicki, MyrnaLynne, and others who post info here and at Jason Behr Unlimited. Please see the threads on this board for more info on these projects.) Listed in order of filming:

Happily, Even After - Jake; pre-premiered at the Sonoma Epicurious Festival in April and world premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival in May, 2004. Jason Behr was there to introduce the film at two showings and wowed the audience. It was filmed around the Bay area around November, 2002. Happily Even After website with trailer

Man of God - (thanks to Vicki) stars Peter Weller, Nikki Reed, Omar Benson Miller Michael, Rachel Miner, Court Young, and Jason Behr was filmed from mid October thru mid November of 2003. Produced by, written by and directed by Jefery Levy, "Man of God" is a very deep, spiritual film in which Jason is amazing. It will be completed in June, and submitted to festivals during the next half year. Hopefully, it will be released in theatres in 2005.

Shooting Livien - stars Jason Behr in the title role as John Livien. It is a dark psychological drama which explores the inner psyche of John Livien, a disillusioned New York musician who deals with a childhood trauma by claiming an alter ego. Other cast are: Sarah Wynter, Dominic Monaghan, Joshua Leonard, Ally Sheedy, Polly Draper, Jay 0. Sanders. It was shot in New York City in November- December, 2003, and is being readied for a release at Sundance and other festivals in 2005. Shooting Livien official site

The Grudge - filmed in Japan from January - March, 2004, this film stars Sarah Michelle Gellar and Jason Behr in a remake of the Japanese horror film Ju-On. Takashi Shimizu, who directed the original, will helm again with a script by Stephen Susco. The premise centers on a supernatural curse that results when an individual died angry. The curse goes from victim to victim like a virus. The film will incorporate elements of the original film and its three sequels. It is scheduled for an October 29 release by Columbia Pictures / Sony.

Recent sightings at events: Again, please see the threads on this board for more info / pics.

April 14, 2004 - Attended film premiere of "13 Going On 30" Starring Jennifer Garner and Mark Ruffalo, Mann's Village, Westwood, California USA

April 22, 2004 - attended Johnnie Walker Gold Sensuality event hosted by Mark Ruffalo at the Bella House designed by John Lautner,
Beverly Hills, California USA

May 3, 4, 2004 - attended the 3rd Annual Tribeca Film Festival, New York City - "Happily, Even After" world premiere.

May 6, 2004 - attended the Opening Night after party for the Off-Broadway play THE DISTANCE FROM HERE held at the West Bank Cafe in New York City. The Distance From Here is now playing at The Duke Theater.

May 7, 2004 - attended the 3rd Annual Tribeca Film Festival - Showtime Party

May 8, 2004 - attended the 3rd Annual Tribeca Film Festival - "Stage Beauty" film Premiere

June 13, 2004 - Sheduled to attend the 15th Annual TARGET a Time for Heroes fundraiser on Sunday, June 13 at the Wadsworth Theatre, Hollywood? from 12:00-4:00 p.m. This supports the Elisabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation, which Jason has attended /supported for a number of years.
Old 06-06-2004, 02:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

Ooops, thanks for the clarification, MyrnaLynne. I haven't seen the June issue myself, but have heard about it from a couple of friends. (They are so slow getting the copies to the subscribers, I guess.)

And Hey! to Kaiser Sose! Good for you, and yes, this means you've passed the test, and are entered into the Grand Prize Sweepstakes, LOL!
Old 06-06-2004, 03:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hey, Hoodie!

(blushes) Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I'm the proud owner of a home computer, at last!

And thanks for posting the information here, Hoodie! Nice job of collecting the data.

For so long we heard nothing, and now it's really heartwarming to see the little bits starting to pop up in print and on TV!

Like drops of rain after a drought, let's hope that pretty soon it's a nice, steady rain! All the drooping fans can be in bloom again...
Old 06-06-2004, 08:51 PM
Addicted Fan

Behrians!
Old 07-21-2004, 05:58 PM
Dedicated Fan

Just didn't want Hoodie's great collection of news to be lost. It would be cool if we could have a "News" section on this board, like the one they have/ had at Crashdown!

And I suppose we should add the Spiderman II premiere.

And he was auditioned for the role of Superman V, and is being considered for "Backwater," a project being developed by former Roswell director.

Last edited by Michelle in Yonkers; 07-21-2004 at 06:04 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread