Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2004, 04:15 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by MyrnaLynne:
As most of the people who met him have mentioned, he is a very touchy and hands on person - in a nice way. Patting the arm, patting the shoulder, etc. I think most actor type people are very friendly and physical like that. So, no, no mystery romances uncovered!
In my years of theatre, I've found that actors (as a breed) tend to be more touchy feely than your average person. Granted that's a huge generalization. I think it's more a matter of that those active in the artistic fields don't feel the societal pressure to maintain "proper distance." So when the urge to touch someone, they just don't resist.

Kara
:triquetra:

Publicists, managers and agents...oh my! I am continually amazed at how many people are required to be a successful professional actor. I couldn't do it. To have that many people having a say in my life and telling me what to and not to do. I'd continually be telling them to stay the heck out of my life. But then I guess that's part of the price actors have to pay.

Kara
:triquetra:

Obsessed JB Fan #96 aka "Behrnut"

Just keep talking. I'll catch up. - Booth
Old 05-10-2004, 12:10 PM
Master Fan

Damn, Kara! You've been busy!!!

I'm hoping the boards will speed up so that I can finish posting my story!
Old 05-10-2004, 12:18 PM
Addicted Fan

Just trying this out for size

Hope everyone is well trying to get the pics up Honest

Friendship
Observance
Loyalty
Destiny

To "let go" does not mean to stop caring, it means I can't do it for someone else.
Old 05-10-2004, 12:22 PM
Master Fan

New board very slow!

I have my 'report' typed up (it's about 12 pages! LOL!) but I want to put photos with it too, to illustrate what I'm talking about, and I'm still working on that. I've managed to get them out of my camera and into my computer and edit them this weekend, but now I have to figure otu how to get them from there into Fotki or somewhere that I can post them! Argh, new technology for the slow learner!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 05-10-2004, 09:54 PM
Passionate Fan

Cherie sent me this link to post (cuz she only know how to do Italics!!! LOLOLOL!) It's a write-up about the Tribeca Film Festival and H,EA. The author did an interview with Unsu, Paul, and Marina.

H,EA Article
Old 05-11-2004, 02:48 AM
Loyal Fan

good morning all. I'm so excited, finally able to get the threads at home now. I'm an early bird and love to come on here in the morning.

6th thanks for the link to the article.

Lotty say hello to mum, glad to see you made it here too.

Have to agree with the general consensus that the blond was probably a friend or publicity person.

There was a picture of the group posted, is that in the photo albums anywhere or can someone repost. I would love to have a copy. Please e-mail or pm me if you are willing to share a copy.

My film is getting developed. I'm hoping the shots came out.

Hugs all
Teetee

Don't be so opened minded that your brains fall out.
Old 05-11-2004, 03:38 AM
Addicted Fan

Just a quick one

Teetee check your PMs

to all I'll be back later to catch up

Friendship
Observance
Loyalty
Destiny

To "let go" does not mean to stop caring, it means I can't do it for someone else.
Old 05-11-2004, 06:02 AM
Elite Fan

Awesome find from cherie 6throck

ML I got your letter yesterday, thank you so much

I was walking through Tribeca to go to work and the cafe where I put up an HEA poster is still up They never take stuff down, but its still cool

Lotty I know you asked for my addy before the move, so I am pming you
[Edward & Bella] [Rob & Kristen] [Tyler & Ally] [Max & Liz] [Nathan & Haley] [Sawyer & Kate]
Old 05-11-2004, 06:36 AM
Addicted Fan

My first post on the new board

Too bad we lost a lot of our posts on this thread!

#34 OBSESSED JB FAN

Come and see why we are so fabulous!
My space
Old 05-11-2004, 09:41 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Behr4Danielle2

My first post on the new board

Too bad we lost a lot of our posts on this thread!
Be sure to bring over all your posts you want to keep from the old board.

Just copy and paste them.
Old 05-11-2004, 10:10 AM
Master Fan

6throck Thanks for that article about HEA - but Paul Barnett will have a bird when he sees they say he's from Scotland - he's Irish!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 05-11-2004, 11:28 AM
Master Fan

Part 1 of my Story!

I thought I would go ahead and repost Part 1 of my story since I think it got lost from when we switched to the new boards!

Part 1

I arrived in NYC at about 2:30pm. I had planned on leaving Friday night, but I had a problem with my car so I had to leave Saturday morning at 10am.  I was staying with my aunt and uncle so they picked me up at the Bus Station and then headed out to go pick up my friend, Julia who was staying with me! My aunt and uncle took us to Chinatown since I really wanted to go do some purse shopping. But that wasn't as easy with the masses of people everywhere. People pushing past us in their hurry to get around and the street vendors trying to get you to stop and buy something from them. Unfortunately, my friend and I were just so tired that we decided to head back to the apartment and take a nap.

Later that night, we headed to Applebee's in Tribeca to meet up with the Obsessies that were already in town! It was so awesome meeting everyone, like Breathless, BelevnDreamsToo, Eccentric One, 6throck, Cherie, Oceana and all the others (at this point, names are escaping me) We sat and talked about lots of things like fanfic and recounting tales from the BAT and the Sonoma Festival Trip.Unfortunately, I couldn't stay long since my poor friend was majorly tired being that she was Germany. Plus, the train ride back to where we were staying at took a little more than an hour and I knew we needed to get as much sleep possible since I had a feeling, we may not get enough sleep!

On Sunday, I went with my friend to the box office so that she could go pick up the tickets for the movie for her and her friends. While we were in line, we saw a poster for H,EA up on the walls! We were so happy that people started giving us this looks like, why are those girls drooling over that poster and some asked us about the movie. I ended up talking to some of the security guys and the people that worked there and told them about how I was with a large group of fans that had flown in from different parts of the country and the world to see it! They were like shocked and impressed so I did a little plugging and then headed back to meet up with T (6throck) and the group she was with at the store so that we could walk around. We got on the train and headed out to Greenwich Village to check out some stores.

Let me tell you, we must have walked for miles because I was hurting. Normally walking in the city doesn't really bother me but my sprained ankle hadn't completely healed yet, so it was a bit tender.  I did manage to a pair of boots, and not get us too lost. I was able to take them to some shops that I like to go to. I think it's safe to say we had a good time. Especially when we went into this novelty shop that I had being wanting to take them to. We had a ball looking at the different things and talking about different fanfics and maybe thinking about props for future smutty fics! Finally, the group decided to go with me to the restaurant since I had to be there early to make sure everyone got there and that our tables weren't taken. When we were walking to the restaurant, we ran into Carol (OOTW) and Liz (LongTime Fan) in the middle of 42nd Street. It was a complete shocker and thinking about now, I'm shocked that we did! I hardly pay attention to the people that walk pass me on the streets but I have give credit to Carol who spotted us. So after we all greeted each other, we headed towards the restaurant and I'm glad we did get there early because it turns out I had the wrong address. We weren't far away thankfully but since people were coming in different groups, we had to call around and make sure we gave everyone the correct address.
Thankfully, everyone made it there and we could all enjoy dinner together!

I'll be back in a little while with Part 2, just finshing it up!
Old 05-11-2004, 12:13 PM
New Fan

Vicki, thanks for the link to the old boards - it's nice to be able to go retrieve our old posts. How long will they keep that available?

Here's my "I met Jason Behr." story again...

I have a lot of other impressions of the trip but I think this is what people want to know about first...

I met Jason! It was so cool and so surreal. I had taken Holly under my wing so on Monday, while everyone crowded him and after my camera died, I shoved her up there - she was being too shy and polite. I said, "Jason, she came from Japan to see you." He started talking with her and she was showing him the picture of the two of them at the Narita Airport, Tokyo. I had her camera and was taking pics for her. He slipped her picture to the back and she had one of the postcards of the art I'd made. He seemed a little stunned. His reaction was one of genuine surprise and excitement. He said, "Oh wow! This is...Where did you get this? Wow, this is great." I was standing there witnessing his unsolicited praise of my art and though you couldn't see it, I was ing..on the inside, my heart, my toes...... Oops - got a little carried away there.... I could have easily said, "I made that," but just seeing his appreciation first hand was enough. It was her moment with Jason and I didn't want to intrude. I took a few pictures of them together. I managed to take some other pics for other people too but didn't actually meet Jason that day. Then he was whisked away by the Tribeca people and that was that.

On Tuesday, I had my camera charged! I was determined to take some pictures. I walked down to where the crowd was talking with Jason and everyone shoved me up there to meet him. I really was content to just stand and try to take some nice pics of him. That didn't happen - I don't think I ever got one pic of him on Tuesday. But - I wouldn't trade meeting him and talking with him for anything. I don't remember a lot about being up there talking with him. I got up there and started talking with him - then he said, do you want a picture? The pic taking was fast - then the girl from the festival was taking him away. He turned to me and said, I have to go with her. He reached for my hand and said good bye. Then he was gone. I didn't follow with the rest of the crowd. I just let him go. I knew he was going to be at the party.

Once we got to the party. There was a little alcove on the left as you entered with some tables. Jason, the rest of the cast, some friends and Robert, Jason's manager, were all sitting at some little tables. Nobody was bothering them so I didn't really want to either. Then someone came up briefly to talk and I realized they were approachable. I'd wanted to give Jason and the rest of the cast members copies of the poster so I went up and asked if I could intrude for a moment. I pulled the poster out of the bag I was carrying and Jason took it. Again he looked it over and asked if I'd made it. I said yes and he asked my name. When I told him Liz, he said, "No, what's your name?" so I told him my first and last name and he gave me a firm handshake. Then he showed the poster to Fay, who was sitting next to him and gestured to me that I'd made it. I showed him my tiny sig in his collar and he looked closely then gave me a smile and thumbs up. Then he hugged it to himself and said, with a boyish grin, "Is this for me?" sigh I smiled and said, yes! Then Teresa came over and we explained that Jen Borders had printed them up and shipped them at her own expense so we wanted him to sign one for her. I told him she was close to giving birth and he got all excited and grabbed the poster and was reaching around for someone to give him a pen. He was so cute. By now I'd been standing bent at the waist for a while so I asked Robert if it was ok for me to sit down. He was very nice and said of course. So I sat and pulled out another poster - this time for him to sign for me. Again he was very enthusiastic and he asked me where he should sign. I wasn’t' sure either - I said, "You're artistic, you can pick a spot." Then I suggested the lower corner over the image of himself painting. He started to hand it to me and I asked him to pass it to the others sitting there - Fay and Marina and Deb also signed the poster for me. So then I pulled out one of the medium sized ones and told him he could have that one too.

At this time Teresa got one signed for herself by Jason and the cast as well and then Cherie came over to have Jason sign something for her too. Meanwhile I pulled out one more postcard size of the art and slid it over to him. When he was finished with Cherie, he asked who this one was for. I told him for him - that I knew his mom collected those things. He grinned really large and said yes she did and thanked me. I sat there a little longer and talked with his friend. I said he was familiar and he said he'd been at the screening the day before. I said, "No, you're an actor." and he smiled and nodded. I didn't get his name though. Anyone have a pic? Then they all had to go to the back of the bar for a "meeting." They never came back out of the VIP area so I think they were finished with the fans.

I made my rounds and saw many of our people and met more of the H,EA people - having the other actors and the director and his partner all sign my art. Also Greg Kalamar signed it. Shortly before we were leaving, I saw Robert near the door of the VIP room. Earlier he'd said he wanted to give me a business card so I could send him the poster but I just gave it to them. Still, I went up to him to see if he needed anything else from me. While I was talking with him, they were all leaving and Jason came up to me once again and gave me a firm handshake and thanked me. The man is one class act!

Here's the poster "artwork" we keep mentioning.
everyone!
Old 05-11-2004, 12:16 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by TempLongTimeFan
Vicki, thanks for the link to the old boards - it's nice to be able to go retrieve our old posts. How long will they keep that available?
Not sure! A week maybe. I'll have to go look.
Old 05-11-2004, 12:28 PM
Master Fan

Liz- That's awesome! I remember seeing him sign it but I didn't hear your conversation!

Ok...here's another one...

Part 2

Dinner at Broadway Joe's was such a riot! The restaurant gave us practically the whole upstairs room for us. We all sat around and talked about so many different things. Every time a new person would arrive or group, we'd begin the introductions since some people had just arrived to the city that day and hadn't been around everyone yet.

During the course of the meal, I remembered we were talking about fanfics and how can you not, right? I do remember that we started talking about a rather smutty one that some of cough Slash Hoescough were into! And by now you have all seen the pics of me with a breadstick thanks to Kara! I swear I had not meant anything by it until Cherie saw me holding it up and it went all downhill from there! It was hysterical because I started posing with it while people took pics! Oh God, I couldn't help myself but I think we had a lot of fun!

Half way through the dinner some people in our group had to leave early to go get inline for the movie they wanted to go watch while the rest of us decided to go walk around Times Square! Now, IMO, if you go to NYC, you have to go to Times Square at night to see all the lights that are big and bright! It's friggin awesome! But after spending some time down there, we headed back to the trains and went to Kara's to hang out and wait for the everyone that went to see the movie to hear about it and well, you know…keep talking!

Back at the party room, we got as comfortable as we could but there was like 25 of us in this little room1 But that didn’t bother us or stop us from having a good time. I missed out on the beginning of it because me and T were outside putting up posters and handing out postcards trying to make sure we got the word out there about how great this movie was. When we got back to the room, the others were watching music videos, the Montreal video and then, we started talking about fanfics…again! . And I again, I stress, how can you not when we had so many talented writers in our presence and we could analyze and compare different fics. I know we talked about Captive Hearts but if you asked me what else…I'm going to have to say beats me. So many different conversations where going on that night….hard to remember everything but I'm trying!

I think I left about 1am that morning because Julia and I were tired and hello, we needed to look good for the movie premiere. I mean, I wanted to look good as possible if I was going to get a chance to meet Jason Plus, it is like an hour train ride back to where I was and I was going to have to wake up really early to take my friend Julia to meet up with her friends.

The next day, I got up at the butt crack of dawn to get ready and wait for my friend to get ready as well. The whole train ride back downtown was interesting! We were so nervous, anxious and excited! I mean…in a few hours we were possibly gong to have a chance to meet Jason and see his movie! Can I say I was on Cloud 9? I mean, I was just a bundle of nerves but I was also tired, I'm not a morning person! That is the time where I can be quieter than some may actually believe and no I'm not lying!

We were supposed to have lunch at the Tribeca Grill which is co owned by Robert de Nero(sp?) So, T and I went around putting down some postcards at the different tables so while people sat down to read the paper or enjoy a drink they would see it! (Brilliant idea btw baby) Then we caught a cab and headed to the restaurant to meet up with the others.

As I got out of my cab, I was shouting at Kara who's cab had dropped her off in front of the restaurant as, where our cab made us walk! I don’t' think I was able to finish my complaint because all I remember is seeing someone rush me and hug me! Normally, I would have not reacted the way I did, but I had a feeling it had to be an Obsessie and sure enough, it turned out to be podmom! I was like, OMG!!! And then I gave her a better hug. It was really funny going from WTf to OMG in like 20 seconds or less! When we got settled at our tables, T and I decided to go out and put up some more posters around the area while we waited for the rest of the group to show up! We put them at a bar, a deli and my personal fav…a doggy day care!

Lunch was a blast! Everyone walking around the tables greeting each other and taking pics of each other. But honestly, I don't remember half the conversations, my head was in a fog from looking at hollybehry's pics of Jason that she took at a Japanese airport, making sure that everyone was ok with lunch and just being anxious about possibly meeting Jason. I mean, here is this really attractive guy that I watiched on the screen devotedly. I mean I traveled a long way to be there with other people, not once but twice! Also, I think regardless of the fact that I find Jason so talented and hello, HOT, I think anyone meeting someone famous gets a bit anxious or it could be me! shrug

So after lunch, we all headed back to the hotel since the theatre was on the same block or the hotel was around, I'm so not getting technical on that, and freshened up!