Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2017, 03:21 PM
Elite Fan

That's awesome Aubie! Hope he keeps it up!!

So weird smoking used to be considered sexy.... I don't mind it really, as long as it's not 20 a day or such like....
Old 06-20-2017, 06:19 AM
Master Fan

yeah i actually look at smokers now and actually feel bad for them...i use to think it was cool, but yeah now, i think it looks stupid. weird eh?

I'm Aubrey
Old 06-20-2017, 03:22 PM
Elite Fan

Sometimes at the store I work at the cigarette counter...it's so crazy expensive! People spend so much!
Old 06-21-2017, 12:12 PM
Master Fan

I can't imagine how people afford cigarettes anymore, plus why they still do it, knowing it's killing them/so terrible for them. When I was young, I could go to the store and pick up cigarettes for my mother for something like 58 cents a pack (and get some penny candy with the change). Now aren't cigarettes like $5 or $15 a package?

Yay for your hubby stopping smoking aubie! He'll be healthier. Even my Mom finally quit, although I think she wanted to smoke until her dying day. I remember her mother smoking, old with the shaky hand and forgetting the cigarette ash growing long and falling on things and burning holes in them. An evil habit. My dad smoked a pipe, he took that up during WW2, I think to keep warm (and be cool, let's face it) but he got smart and quit when I was in high school. Pipes aren't nearly as offensive as cigarettes but not good for you either.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 06-21-2017, 01:16 PM
Elite Fan

Cigarettes here cost around $20! Some people spend a fortune. The other week a woman spent nearly $200 on cigarettes and tabaco and then asked where the in store food bank was as she relied on it to feed her kids!! I was so angry!

I went to see Gifted a few days ago. Chris Evans is hot! Trying to upload a picture but it won't let me...
Old 06-21-2017, 07:51 PM
Elite Fan

20$ a pack yikes....pot might be cheaper

Everyone smoked when ML and I were growing up. I was a moron and smoked socially for a while in my 20s but I never really liked it so I was lucky. Podad smoked for years....quit once for a long time then started again for a few years now hasn't smoked for maybe 10 years or so. My brother still smokes..is always quitting

It is so uncool now I think people are embarrassed to do it
Old 06-22-2017, 11:32 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah I guess it's too get people to quit but it's not working! Over here all the packets are black with horrible pictures on them....

Mr Evans

Old 06-22-2017, 12:20 PM
Master Fan

Thanks ML! Yeah really proud of him for quitting, so on his 1 year I bought a really nice Boston hockey jersey. Saved all that money from buying cigarettes. Yeah they're $12-15 a pack here in Canada. The pictures on it are so gross. Our stores here now hide the cigarettes behind door, so you're not tempted to buy it i guess. Or the kids won't see it as much.

hello mr. evans!

I'm Aubrey
Old 06-22-2017, 12:38 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah they're hidden here too! I really don't think it stops many people...

Cool about the hockey jersey!

Yeah I kinda like Mr Evans!
Old 06-22-2017, 05:57 PM
Elite Fan

Good for Mr aubie quitting.

Interesting that you guys have weird black cigarette labels.

When I was smoking there were vending machines that anyone could use and I think they cost like 75 cents. I think they were under a dollar. Anyone could afford to get cancer back then

Who is that Mr Evens? I only know of one Mr Evens

edited because I was curious and googled cig cost for 1972....I think I tried my first one that year...cough cough....33 cents...yikes way cheep. I am old :O
Old 06-23-2017, 04:38 AM
Master Fan

oh my goodness.

Yes Max Evans was also a Mr. Evans

Chris Evans is Captain America. He looks hot as captain america.

I'm Aubrey
Old 06-23-2017, 07:08 AM
Elite Fan

Captain America slipped right past my radar thanks

Yup Max is the only real Mr Evans
Old 06-23-2017, 04:22 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah all packets are black with horrible pictures of black lungs, people coughing up blood, babies crying.....

Haha! Well, Mr Chris Evans is a hottie!!
Old 06-26-2017, 04:39 AM
Master Fan

yeah our smoke packs are like that too Ekua, so disgusting.

chris evans in captain america...

I'm Aubrey
Old 06-26-2017, 12:56 PM
Elite Fan

Oh thank you Aubie!! He looks different there I kinda like the beard on him!! Never seen Captain America!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread