Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2004, 03:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

• • • • • • • • • • • • TARGET for the week beginning 3/22: • • • • • • • • • • • •

Our first real TARGET: NY Magazine! Fans, start your engines! Let's bombard them with the name Jason Behr, and see what we can accomplish!

NY Magazine loves him anyway; they were very nice to him when he last premiered in town (Shipping News), so they should be receptive. So email, snail, or website -- or all of the above! -- send a short letter! It only takes 5 minutes, and you can do it from work!

• Keep your letter short and sweet
• Ask a question, or give them some info!
• Give some contact info for you. They don't publish it, but they need to know you're legit.

Remember, our goal here is to get them interested in doing an article about JB. I don't think they even have a "letters" page, so you don't have to be concerned about your letter being published.

Don't worry! Just write!

Quote:
New York Magazine

snail:
Letters to the Editor
New York Magazine
444 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10022-6999

E-mail: NYletters@primediamags.com

Include a daytime phone number.

Discussion boards: http://www.newyorkmetro.com/nymag/le...45//index.html

We could maybe get some discussion going about JB!
Sample letter:
(If you use the sample below, please change it around a little and make it look a little different! Or just ask them a question!)

Quote:
Dear New York Magazine:

What's happened to that (adjective here) actor Jason Behr?

He stole our hearts with Roswell, but since then we've been starved for any news. I hear he's got 2 indie features in the can, and one of them, Happily Even After, will debut at the Tribeca Film Festival in May!

He's also just wrapped a feature film for Sam Raimi and Columbia Pictures, co-starring with Sarah Michelle Gellar - - so he could be starring in 3 movies in one year!

Any pictures? Any news? Please take pity and give us a peek - - or some advance info.

Millions of his fans look to New York Magazine to hunt and gather news of the elusive Behr!

Name here
Contact #
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

[ 03-24-2004: Message edited Michelle Yonkrz ]
Old 03-22-2004, 03:46 PM
Dedicated Fan

They also serve who love to surf the web:

1) We also need some more contact info researched and posted. (Just go to the websites... it's not hard, I did one in 5 minutes from my desk at work.)
Seventeen
Movieline
Interview
Us
In Touch

any other suggestions? J-14, Tiger Beat, Bop, etc.?

2) Mention this campaign on other boards and newsgroups you belong to - - Just pass along this post, with the sample letter and contact info, and ask the members to post it from their computers. We need to throw the campaign into high gear!

We can do this, guys! Imagine how thrilled we'll feel when we get to rush out and buy a magazine - - or several different magazines! - - with great pictures and a cool interview of Jason Behr! And we'll know we put it over the top! I'm psyched!

Old 03-22-2004, 06:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

Here you go Sweetie!! All this info is in the front of the magazine, so I assume it's okay to print it here!! [img]smilies/angel.gif[/img] J [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

PREMIERE
Peter Herbst, EiC

Production
Jill S. Davison, Director of Corporate Communications 212-767-6062

Nicole Perri, Online Editor (nperri@hfnm.com)

New York:
atten: Susannah Gora
1633 Broadway, 41st floor
New York, NY 10019

phone: 212-767-6000
fax: 212-767-5450

Los Angeles:
5670 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 500
Los Angeles, CA 90036

phone: 323-954-0500
fax: 323-954-4848
www.premiere.com

subscriptions: 800-682-7654
back issues: 800-333-8546

I just went to the site and they have a message board, that I'm sure they MUST watch!!! WAHOO!! We could bombard that!!! J [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 03-23-2004: Message edited BelevnDreamsToo ]
Old 03-23-2004, 10:16 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yay, Jeannine!

I called the New York office this a.m., and found that if you use the New York (Broadway) address, you should direct your letter to "Susannah Gora". Can you update your post with that? And I'll add it to the main contace list.

I tried the LA office, but I forgot it's 3 hours earlier there - - they're not open yet!

I just went to their website, premiere.com, went to the Message Boards section, and posted the following letter: (you have to register, but it's very low-tech - - they don't ask any questions, just ask you if you're over 13)

Quote:
Dear Premiere:

Recently (Jude Law cover), you ran an article on Chloe Sevigny as an “Indie Goddess”.

Doesn’t every goddess need a mate?

I’m suggesting Jason Behr. The sexy, talented former Roswell alien king has got 3 indies in the can at the moment, and one of them, Happily Even After (yup, it’s EveN after!) will premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival in May! (Another is Shooting Livien, which just wrapped here in New York in December.)

Jason has also just returned from Japan, where he filmed The Grudge (a remake of a Japanese thriller) with Sarah Michelle Gellar. It was for Sam (Spiderman) Raimi’s new Ghost House Pictures — so even though it will be released in America by Columbia Pictures, does that still qualify as an indie?

Anyway, this talented, versatile actor — with 3 premieres coming soon to a theater near you! — is long overdue for some recognition. (He also starred in the indie Rites of Passage.) Who better to cover the Prince of Premieres than... Premiere! Right?
So how am I doing? ;-)

[ 03-23-2004: Message edited Michelle Yonkrz ]
Old 03-23-2004, 11:09 AM
Elite Fan

Behry nice Michelle [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
[Edward & Bella] [Rob & Kristen] [Tyler & Ally] [Max & Liz] [Nathan & Haley] [Sawyer & Kate]
Old 03-23-2004, 05:23 PM
Dedicated Fan

OK, guys, I'm thinking of offering a prize. To the person(s) who offers the most energy and makes the best contribution to this campaign - - so don't let that be me!

I could make a disk of the S1 and S3 blooper reels ... anyone interested? Or does everyone have that already?

Let me think of what else I could offer. I have scripts -- all of them, including many versions and some very early drafts with scenes that weren't filmed. I have the script for The Dance, the episode they never filmed from S1.

I'll make it worth your while, guys ...

And remember: It almost doesn't matter what you write! - - as long as you do it!

Many of these mags don't even have a 'Letters to the Editor' page - - but they do monitor what fans are clamoring for. So your letter often won't even be published, but enough mentions by hungry fans might get them to write an article!

That's what we're going for: coverage for JB. If the magazines do articles, then more TV programs might do interviews, etc... it could snowball. (Hey, you gotta dream big!)

You might just write a very short letter asking a question about JB. (Takes 5 minutes! Honest!) Here are some samples:

• What has Jason Behr been doing since Roswell?

• I've heard Jason Behr recently wrapped a movie in New York, Shooting Livien. Any pictures? Give us a sneak peek!

• I've heard Jason Behr recently wrapped a movie in Japan, The Grudge, with Sarah Michelle Gellar. Can you tell me when it's coming out?

• I'm dying to meet Jason Behr - - will he attend his Tribeca Film Festival premiere of "Happily Even After"?

• Tell me more about the Tribeca Film Festival! I'm eager to find out more about "Happily Even After" with Jason Behr.

Make it short, make it quick, and mention Jason Behr and his good works.

And if I see someone, or some several, who are making a real contribution here - - well, your good deeds shall be rewarded.
Old 03-24-2004, 12:07 AM
Dedicated Fan

I tried getting a response from SIFF, the Seattle Film Festival, to see when the participating films would be announced. And also to see if they could tell me if HEA was among those films up for consideration. But....Grrrrr....it came back as undeliverable. I'll have to try one of the other addresses from the website.

Kara
[img]smilies/triquetra.gif[/img]

Obsessed JB Fan #96 aka "Behrnut"

Just keep talking. I'll catch up. - Booth
Old 03-24-2004, 08:41 AM
Addicted Fan

Michelle!

Great going, girl! Sorry I've been remiss in reporting for duty, but I'm here now!

Who can forget the excitement back in October, 2000 when opening their Parade Magazine and finding Jason in "In Step With?" I carried around that lovely magaine in my briefcase for years and only recently put it away as it was getting mighty dog-eared. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I think Parade would be very fitting as they seem to only answer questions about "what's up with (insert name here)" when something's actually "up with" said star or personality. Makes sense to me as "I have no idea what's up with (insert star's name here)" would be very boring. Am I babbling?

So, here's the link to Parade Magazine. I'm off to send them an email right now and see if they'll answer the question. I'll even give them the answers!
http://www.parade.com/auth/entry.lasso

I'll also post a link to this thread on both the Washington, DC area CAPS thread and the POD thread on the Roswell board. Just for you, babe! [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]

<<skips off to write letters>>

[ 03-24-2004: Message edited Scottie ]
Old 03-24-2004, 11:17 AM
Loyal Fan

Michelle,if you can get all of the info together and email it to me mailto:RoswellMouse@RoswellMovie.netRoswellMouse@RoswellMovie.net</A> , i'll put it in the next RoswellMovie.net newsletter. I'll need the list of contacts and thier info (email is especially good cause it only takes a sec), maybe a suggestion of what people should say, and anything else pertinent to the campaign. The easier we make it for people, the more likely they are to stop for a sec and participate. I'm about to send one out today or tomorrow, so if you hury i can put it in that one. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Because the story isn't over... RoswellMovie.net
Old 03-24-2004, 07:27 PM
Dedicated Fan

Bless you, RoswellMouse! How wonderful!

Thanks for the advice! I edited my letters above to simplify and organize better. (See the one with the dots, and the one after.)

What would you like me to send? There's a post on page one of the thread with a ton of contacts; I've got several sample letters written for different kinds of publications.

What I've been trying to do, is pick one publication for a week or two, and give a sample letter, and make a concerted effort on that one publication. Then the goal is, pick another publication, do the same thing, etc.

If our efforts are just scattered, but if they get quite a few requests in a couple of weeks, asking for information about the same person, I thought that might catch their eye and maybe get Jason some coverage.

Right now I'm encouraging them to write to New York Magazine, because Jason's movie is coming out at the Tribeca Film Festival in May. It would be great if they mentioned anything to bring him to the public eye. Then I'm thinking about Movieline, since they like him very much. (They'd be great for a "whatever happened to" inquiry, such as mentioned by the woman above your post.)

I'll post this on the thread as well, to keep people informed.

Thanks! This is good news!

Old 03-24-2004, 07:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

And bless you, too, Scottie!

Fantastic idea, about Parade! I forgot how great it was to see him in that article. (I, too, have been known to carry around a few tokens of my totem, LOL! Esp. a certain set of photos!)

We'll pick that as one of our next targets!

And here's the link to the q&a column (it might go by area, so click on Personality Parade):

http://www.parade.com/current/columns/personality.html

Or you can just email the Personality Parade directly:
email: personality@parade.com

Reminder to our group: At the moment, the target for this week and the next (and maybe the next) is New York Magazine, so check out the post a few up on this page, with the contact info and a sample letter provided.

And Scottie: I *finally* found that picture everyone was curious about (the one Jason didn't like, wouldn't sign as an autograph photo), and finally got a way to post it on the Livien thread. (Was looking everywhere for your email address, and couldn't find it!)

Old 03-25-2004, 12:22 AM
Dedicated Fan

Scottie: You've inspired me!

I just sent of an email to Parade, too!

Quote:
Behr Tracks
What's happened to that terrific actor, Jason Behr? Is he an endangered species?

He stole our hearts with Roswell, but since then we fans have been starved for news. I hear he has three movies in the can, and none have yet debuted. This talented, versatile actor — coming soon to a theater near you? — is long overdue for some recognition.

Any pictures? Any news? Please take pity and give us a peek -- or some advance info. Millions of fans look to you to hunt and gather news of the elusive Behr!

(my info)
It's nice to know that my years of toiling in the tabloid tar pits have not been in vain! LOL

I wanted to give them the idea that we want pictures -- and that he has a large following.
Old 03-25-2004, 09:25 PM
LTL
Master Fan

Reporting in --- e-mails sent to New York mag and Parade! [img]smilies/pinkie.gif[/img]
Old 03-26-2004, 01:11 PM
New Fan

i just emailed about 12 magazines so well see some have emailed back to say they will see what they could do let's keep our fingers crossed
Old 03-27-2004, 10:35 AM
Dedicated Fan

LTL: Great job! What a good girl! You get 2 gold stars! LOL

julieb: Wow! Which magazines? Any of the ones we've mentioned? We're trying to focus on one or two a week, to make sur e that the magazines take notice (when they get several asking for the same actor, we assume they'll be more attentive).

Also, any contact info to share?

[ 03-27-2004: Message edited Michelle Yonkrz ]