Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2004, 03:22 AM
Dedicated Fan

Support Jason Now - - new mission directives on p5

To see this week's Mission Possible, see p.5

Jason Behr has 3 movies opening within a year, starting with the Tribeca Film Festival in May.

It occurs to me that we have seen so little of JB in magazines of late... and for these movies to succeed as we'd like, a little magazine coverage would be... very helpful.

So to keep ourselves busy, at work or at play, we might start figuring out ways to get to TPTB at various magazines. It only takes a few minutes to send off an email (how many times a day do we do that?) or to drop a letter in the mail.

Magazines always have ways to write to the staff, and most also have websites where they gather the thoughts of their readers. We could gather the addresses here, and then pick a magazine a week to bombard with requests?

Several magazines have favored us with Jason Behr coverage in the past: Movieline has always liked him (showing their good taste, and their courage in trying to make trends, instead of just following them); they mention him at any chance they get. New York magazine seems to like him too.

Teen People has included him in the past, and several others: Glamour, Seventeen, Talk, even InStyle, once.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

We could write to these magazines, go on their websites, and ask things like:

What's Jason Behr been up to recently? (A sort of "Where are They Now?" piece)

I've heard that talented hot-ticket Jason Behr has been very busy, filming a variety of roles, and will soon be starring in a romantic comedy, an edgy drama, and now, a horror-thriller! Care to ease some of the suspense for us, and give us a little advance preview, just a little peek, about what treats lie in store?

Any news on Happily Even After, a new movie that will be launched at the Tribeca Film Festival? We've heard that we'll finally get to see more of Jason Behr. (This might be good for New York magazine, since they'll probably do something on New York's very own film festival!)

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Any ideas? We could look through some of these magazines, gather the contact info and post it here.

Notice the things they cover and see how such angles could tie in to the movies we're looking forward to. Think of questions we can pitch to them that they might be moved to try to answer!

Such things might stir up a little hum of interest, at very least make the editors at these magazines aware of the movies coming out! More important, it might make someone aware of the level of interest and energy -- measured in dollars -- focused on these movies!

Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to get coverage of Jason in print!

[ 04-01-2004: Message edited Michelle in Yonkers ]

Last edited by Michelle in Yonkers; 06-30-2004 at 09:08 PM
Old 03-04-2004, 04:05 AM
Dedicated Fan

Great idea, Michelle!!! [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img]

My hubby gets a Men's Health mag and I CAN'T help notice the half naked hunks on the cover [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img] ..and one month they had a TV celeb and I thought..."WHY NOT JASON?!!!" I'll see if I can find a website or email addy and see what we can do about getting our Hero on the cover...assuming he's kept up his workout while in Japan!! [img]smilies/eyebrows.gif[/img]

J [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-04-2004, 06:49 AM
LTL
Master Fan

Great ideas, you two!

I was busily thinking what letters I could write to whom, but BDT got me thinking about bare-chested men on magazine covers, and the possibilities just... [img]smilies/daze.gif[/img] [img]smilies/thud.gif[/img]

We shouldn't ignore online 'zines as well -- there are so many that are entertainment and movie-oriented.
Old 03-04-2004, 08:07 AM
Elite Fan

I'm here to you on [b]Michelle![B/] Brilliant plan...I'll get in touch with AARP mag today...Title of piece..."He's Not Just Your Grandaughters Movie Star" [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I really think it's a great idea....keep the ball rolling on it [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

LTL....Focus chica! Like she said the whole future of the world hangs in the ballance and whatnot.....get cracken' [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 03-04-2004, 09:59 AM
Master Fan

Wonderful plan, Michelle! This could be Jason's year! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I have been getting US Weekly, Entertainment Weekly, Movieline (which is now Hollywood Life and less of a movie mag than it used to be) and Interview, just in preparation for Jason's movies to come out and read about him in there first! LOL! (Also YM and TeenPeople, just in case he 'backslides' to any teen appealing projects and they write about him there - giggle). I've written the odd letter to magazines about him, occasionally published, but it hasn't stirred any of them to write about him so far. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I still want to see him in People, don't know why. In fact when People ran that photo of him, playing b-ball with his face hidden behind Urkel, I wrote demanding they at least identify who that was in the photo - but they didn't. sigh. Why isn't his publicist sending out things to 'just cast in this role' type columns in those magazines? Seems like she has missed many golden opportunities to publicize our guy. But then again, I think it might also be partly his choice. Mr B is pretty bossy and particular about such things. Probably not the easiest client to manage and promote (just the most wonderful one!) ;D
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 03-04-2004, 01:52 PM
Supreme Fan

Great idea Michelle! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I am going to TOP this thread for a few weeks just to make sure EVERYONE sees it! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Maybe you could update your first post with the Magazine/Newspaper we are going to bombard each week. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 03-04-2004: Message edited *Vicki* ]
Old 03-04-2004, 06:17 PM
Addicted Fan

Oh Bravo indeed! Fabulous ideas abound! Well done Michelle. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-04-2004, 06:39 PM
Passionate Fan

Maybe the 'Queer Eye for The Straight Guy' Fab Five could pay him a visit? I'm sure they'd take one look at the hair and be 'tsk-tsk'ing all over the place. What? I like the Fab Five. They're a hoot! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Seriously, I'd love to see JB out of the teen mags and more into the regular entertainment ones, such as People, etc. He's well past the teen years and needs to be represented as such.
Though, I hope he continues to avoid the Enquierer, Star, and other thrash magazines. But they are funny to read. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-04-2004, 08:58 PM
Extreme Fan

[img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] (Insert saluting smilie here! ) Hoodie, reporting for Behr- promoting duty! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Great idea, Michelle!
Old 03-04-2004, 11:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Taffy:
<STRONG>Maybe the 'Queer Eye for The Straight Guy' Fab Five could pay him a visit? I'm sure they'd take one look at the hair and be 'tsk-tsk'ing all over the place. What? I like the Fab Five. They're a hoot! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

</STRONG>
Have a care. If they got him alone, they might ravage him [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img].
Old 03-05-2004, 12:35 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by bethnor:
<STRONG>

Have a care. If they got him alone, they might ravage him [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img].</STRONG>
Can you blame them? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Wouldn't you? [img]smilies/devil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-05-2004, 01:43 AM
Dedicated Fan

The celeb on the front of hubby's Men's Health mag was the VERY YUMMY Eddie Cibrian from Third Watch!!

Their site is: http://www.menshealth.com/cda/home/0...-0-0-0,00.html

There's a "Letters to the Editor" under "Contact Us"!! We could bombard them, telling them how YUMMY JB is and letting them know about Grudge at the same time!!

J [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2004, 02:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

ok, we could all try a practice attack at the website Jeannine has mentioned, above.

Meanwhile, any nominations for which we should bombard first?

I'm thinking Movieline is a good bet... and very soon with New York mag, since Tribeca is in May, and they're bound to do something on it.

Meanwhile, homework assignment: Anyone want to look up and post some more magazine "contact" URLs?

And LTL suggested online zines, too, which is an excellent idea.

Post links, people, post links!
Old 03-09-2004, 09:00 PM
Passionate Fan

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/drool.gif[/img] [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img] Reporting for duty! [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img] [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2004, 12:22 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm game! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

"Come back in 20 minutes."

"Tell me, when the snow melts, what does it become?"--Fruits Basket
Closed Thread   Post New Thread