Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2017, 09:53 AM
Master Fan

Some of my old ones that are falling apart I want to eventually turn into a tshirt blanket. I suck at sewing though
Old 05-06-2017, 10:07 AM
Elite Fan

Oh that's an awesome idea!! I'm rubbish at sewing and stuff like that too....definitely not domesticated!
Old 05-06-2017, 10:37 AM
Master Fan

Me either! I'm hoping I can convince my mom to do the sewing if I cut the shirts
Old 05-06-2017, 11:07 AM
Elite Fan

Hhaha good plan!!!

You need a Jason blanket too! Or is that a bit weird?
Old 05-06-2017, 01:52 PM
Master Fan

Not weird at all! 2 of my Roswell shirts have his face on them so I could make that happen!
Old 05-06-2017, 02:06 PM
Elite Fan

love it!!!
Old 05-06-2017, 04:53 PM
Master Fan

There are actually companies that will turn t-shirts into blankets for you - you just mail them the shirts (and a lot of $) and they send you the finished product. I've thought seriously about doing that, as I have a whole suitcase full of fannish t-shirts and other ones I've saved from various things. It would be pretty and very warm and cozy, I think, too (and free up that suitcase). I don't think it would be hard sewing, though, either, straight seams and square pieces (I have a sewing machine but I HATE sewing)!

I love that picture of Atticus. Those are such great little green sneakers too.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 05-06-2017, 06:40 PM
Master Fan

I've considered sending my shirts to one of those but I'd be devastated if something happened to them and I have the kind of luck where they'd get lost in the mail or something My mom has a sewing machine and always mentions wanting to work on something. Hopefully she can help me out. I think I have enough to make a queen or possibly king size.

I love those little shoes too. That green is my favorite color
Old 05-07-2017, 05:17 AM
Elite Fan

His whole little outfit is adorable He's such a cool little kid. And definitely a daddy's boy. He's going to be just as good looking!

I wish we had the photo KaDee shared on The View of Jason holding Atticus up to put the star on their Christmas tree last year.....so cute!

The blanket idea is awesome. I love it. I have a few made from Hindu patters that I got in Bali, and another from Ghana. I never thought of getting one made from old t-shirts though!
Old 05-07-2017, 06:43 AM
Master Fan

The daddy's boy thing kills me! They're just too freaking sweet together! It's so sweet how clearly they adore one another! I love it!

I love that Christmas tree picture too. And that they let Atticus decorate it himself. My mom's ocd never let us kids do that

My grandma gave me the tshirt idea. I have so many shirts that I don't want to just throw out so she suggested that. Some of them are ripped from mosh pits and faded from constant use but the fronts are pretty decent condition so I think I can make it work!
Old 05-07-2017, 06:50 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah I love how she said he wanted to put everything together and when they suggested he spread it out a little more he said no, he wanted all the cows (or something) side by side. Adorable.

I think you could make a very cool blanket! If you do you need to take a pic and show us!
Old 05-07-2017, 07:17 AM
Master Fan

He wanted the animals to be with friends! That was adorable!

I definitely will! I think I'm going to start cutting the shirts soon and figure out the placement.
Old 05-07-2017, 08:42 AM
Elite Fan

Aww yeah so cute
Old 05-07-2017, 08:54 AM
Master Fan

Going off that and what KaDee has shared he has such a sweet little personality
Old 05-07-2017, 08:56 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah. How could he not with such lovely parents?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread