Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2015, 10:15 AM
Master Fan

Is he the Taylor engaged to Lady Gaga (or is that Taylor Kinney?) I think Taylor Kitch did some Marvel superhero thing too (or it was the other one!)

Yes, Jonathan Brandis killed himself at age 27. So so sad.

I thought I had a photo of James Garner as Marvick but I can't find it. Yes, he was handsome and charming and slick and funny.. great character (he was a riverboat gambler in the old west). When Podmom and I were girls, all the TV shows were Westerns!

Another guy who still is good looking in old age is Mark Harmon/Gibbs on NCIS

And who can forget Justin Hartley on Smallville (as the Green Arrow?)

It's a pity David Beckham went overboard with the tattoos! I don't think I ever heard him talk. Our last Governor was like that - his voice was like Kermit the Frog!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 04-06-2015, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I had such a crush on Justin Hartley But I first remember him from that infamous soap opera, Passions!

Old 04-07-2015, 05:23 AM
Elite Fan

sad about that kid

Mark looks good but his hair style ...what is up with that ML

You guys would LOVE Friday Night Lights.....you should marathon it with your BF some boring weekend Mini at least the first season

I know ML it was westerns and WW2 a lot but there were some great shows too....Dick Van Dyke show .... etc....Ekua you would have loved The Twilight Zone

All sorts of good drama type shows with great acting too.... variety shows.....Carol Burnet show and Laugh In!!!!! I miss that kind of thing on TV now it is reality shows out the wazoo

although I do love my Idol and Voice and Dancing With the Stars
Old 04-07-2015, 06:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Podmom I THINK my bf actually watched the entire series, or most of it? I remember watching the series finale with him but I already forgot everything about it, plus since it was the series finale I don't remember much. I may have watched a handful of episodes from the last season, come to think of it??

I love Big Brother, and I used to love Survivor but it's so repetitive. I used to love Idol but I lost interest at some point, the Voice is ok but I realised I'm tired of singing competitions I think??

Big Brother Canada is really good but also kind of annoying, they bend the rules every 5 seconds to keep it exciting but I find alot of what they do kind of unfair...

Old 04-07-2015, 09:57 AM
Elite Fan

We were really into survivor when it first came out that is when we still had a kid at home and all TV was more fun!

I don't think I'll ever fad from the singing shows.....I need a reality break for sure and they do it for me. Is Big Brother where pps live together and be weird

I remember being very torn about the MTV reality show when it came out and my girls were the age to watch it (name?) it wasn't nearly as bad in the beginning and I would watch it with them and use it as a cautionary tale
Old 04-07-2015, 11:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Are you thinking of Laguna Beach, maybe? I used to love that show It was so mindless, though.

And oh Survivor, I was SO into it. I was in love with Colby from Season 2, so much that I went to Canada's Wonderland one day when he was making an appearance. I tried so hard to get on stage but nope!

Old 04-07-2015, 12:42 PM
Master Fan

I've always avoided the reality things - except DWTS - but I think I remember seeing that Colby guy, he was gorgeous! We watched a little of 'The Voice' - the blind auditions was a cool idea and I like Blake Shelton and Adam Levine and the way they tease one another but after they picked their teams etc, I lost interest - or maybe another show we watched started and that was it. shrug.

Those people in those House and Survivor shows just behave so badly, trashily. Oh and those bachelor and bachelorette things - just where you are going to find true love, among a bunch of bimbettes on a reality series! Although maybe the latest Bachelor was sincere (he's on DWTS now) as he lives in the middle of nowhere in a town of 400 people and finding a wife to go live on a farm isn't that easy. But it seems almost none of the couplef actually get married or stay with each other, although I guess some of them have over the years, and they've had kids etc. The 'Amazing Race' doesn't seem too bad, as it's more travel and challenges and teamwork, and less nastiness and backstabbing. Mlette and I watched "America's Next Top Model" for awhile too, she liked that, but the cattiness and the stupid stuff they had to do, I don't know, it got old.

Didn't Jason Katims (the guy who did Roswell) make 'Friday Night Lights'? I was always sorry I never watched it. I probably would have liked it (except the whole being about high school football thing).
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 04-07-2015, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

MyrnaLynne - forgot to answer you above, Taylor Kinney is the guy that Lady Gaga is engaged to

I forgot about Amazing Race, that's a great show. The Canadian version is fantastic, too.

I used to love Top Model but it also got kind of repetitive for me, but then they added boys! I never catch it when it's on, though!

And you could be right about Jason Katims, that does sound kind of familiar??

Old 04-08-2015, 10:12 AM
Elite Fan

Yes JK did produce and write Friday Night Lights.....I'm sure that is why I liked it so much plus the actors were great too

Emily always loved the show where the people sewed clothes ( she is a sewer and likes to create that way...she used to think she'd like to be a designer) and were judged every eppie on an outfit they made....can anyone remember the name of that
Old 04-08-2015, 11:09 AM
Master Fan

Was that 'Project Runway'? The one with Tim Gunn and Heidi Klum? I guess that show launched some design careers.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 04-08-2015, 01:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I used to love that show! Another one I just lost track of after awhile.

Old 04-09-2015, 11:27 AM
Master Fan

I think the guy starring on 'Grantchester', James Norton, is very cute, even though his looks aren't really my type at all - although he looks intelligent and has good bone structure in his face (two attractive features in a man)

This isn't a great photo - he looks much more attractive in the Granchester pix! LOL
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 04-09-2015, 01:25 PM
Elite Fan

I like him too ML and that pic for sure doesn't do him justice

Yes that is it Project Runway...it was an interesting show. At least they were doing something not sitting around lathering about nothing or having stupid fights
Old 04-09-2015, 01:30 PM
Master Fan

Oh gosh yes, he looks more like my brother in that picture - lol! Big nose, strong chin.. hmm

Here he is in clerical garb, with costar Robson Green, who I guess is a pretty big deal in the UK

Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 04-10-2015, 04:13 AM
Elite Fan

much better

I wonder when that show will be back? Probably not till next year