Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2015, 11:12 PM
Elite Fan

What did you ladies get up too?

My pretty much forever single life has been damn boring to say the least!! (boy related )
Old 01-15-2015, 06:08 PM
Elite Fan

Well obviously you have not been around smart boys with any taste in girls it is harder these days for women no question about that unintended consequences of women's lib/sexual revolution etc

Hmmmm well we were young in the late 60's 70's I don't know about ML but I sowed a few wiled hippie oats...boy wise and otherwise but I got on the straight and almost narrow as soon as I had a baby...that will get you maturing fast
Old 01-15-2015, 11:52 PM
Elite Fan

Aww thanks. A lot of it is my own fault for being so insecure...meh.

I think these days it's hard to meet people. Everyone is so busy with work and such like, and I feel there's so much pressure these days to 'have it al.'

Hehe you must spill some of the wild stuff you did
Old 01-16-2015, 05:54 AM
Elite Fan

well this is pretty public but it might be more like what didn't I do I was very typical for that time though. It was innocent on the whole but very different from the previous generation or even my sister's who is 10 yrs older than me.

I agree I think it is very hard which is why internet dating sites are booming. Have you tried that yet? Come to America......men will love your accent why don't you take a break from the 3rd world for a wee bit and come to the "new" world
Old 01-17-2015, 03:55 AM
Elite Fan

Sounds like you lived life to the full

I would love to work in the USA (especially California - i'd love the year long sunny weather!) But it's very hard to get a working visa - and I have no idea what i'd do job wise.
Old 01-17-2015, 07:17 AM
Elite Fan

California is amazing so beautiful! There are lots and lots of aupare's (sp) young women from other countries that take care of peoples children...nanny types. That might be a crap shoot though.....if it was with a nice family it would be fun ( and they might introduce you to nice young men Emily's boss introduced her to her BF) if not it would be bad Maybe a teaching job? Just thinkin
Old 01-17-2015, 10:16 AM
Total Fan

I agree with PODMOM.........if I were young and single.......California would be the place to be.

EUKA.......how difficult is it to get a work permit??
Old 01-17-2015, 04:31 PM
Master Fan

Well we were young once, and this was before the AIDS epidemic and after the advent of birth control/hippies/free love and all that stuff. Not going into it, though!

Now Poddy and I are a couple of G-d-fearing straight arrows!

I love how everybody is trying to fix you up. I think online dating is interesting, because communicating online, you sort of get to know the 'inner person' but you can also run into total liars and totally fabricated 'persons' so you have to be careful.

I still think that 'horse therapy' might be a good field, although I have no idea how one gets into it, or if it pays anything.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 01-18-2015, 08:01 AM
Elite Fan

I love your spirit, both of you!

Keepsmiling it's very hard to get a permit to work in the USA. Unless I get hired from the UK, or manage to get a company that will sponsor me for a visa etc there's very little opportunity! I can come as a tourist for 90 days, but definitely can't (legally) work.

Horse therapy would be awesome. I'm actually going to seriously look into it. Although i also want to get into aid work....
Old 01-18-2015, 11:27 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyrnaLynne (View Post)
Now Poddy and I are a couple of G-d-fearing straight arrows!
that we are

I hope you get to come to the US at some point for a good long visit Ekua EKua and Penny would have liked each other don't you think ML? Kindred spirits in the get into it for real kind of help the world mentality. Penny was here for quite a few years while Roswell was on and after. She was SO entertaining and had a very interesting life. She made documentaries for a living. She lived in DC but traveled all the time. I might get this part wrong ML because it has been so long but she was either in the country where the giant psunami landed years ago or went there right after. Whatever happened....she was so deeply affected by the human tragedy and suffering from that work that she eventually decided to go into humanitarian aid type work. She was engaged at the time and I think mostly because of this decision of hers they broke up. Something to that effect. She used to check in now and again but it has been years since she stopped by here. I think of her still and really really wonder how she is doing Is that about right ML?
Old 01-19-2015, 12:20 AM
Elite Fan

I hope so too! I have a lot of people all over the country i'd like to visit!

The tsunami was in the Indian Ocean, and Thailand and Indonesia were the worst hit countries. It was 10 years this past December. They held ceremonies all over the country to remember the victims. It was a horrific tragedy.

Penny sounds like a wonderful person
Old 01-19-2015, 06:34 AM
Elite Fan

thanks for reminding me of the name Thailand... Ekua that is where she was when she saw the aftermath. I hope ML checks out this thread soon because she has a better memory and a very detailed oriented mind that I am sure is exercised way more than mine given her occupation.

Penny is a wonderful person
Old 01-19-2015, 07:28 AM
Elite Fan

I am watching a documentary on the tsunami right now. It's scary considering i live in Thailand and have been to the places that were most affected! Over 260,000 people died. It's terrifying the devastation that is/can be caused by mother nature. I can't imagine how awful it must have been to experience that, and the devastating aftermath. I don't know where some people get their strength from.
Old 01-19-2015, 10:28 PM
Addicted Fan

Hi Everyone!

Poddy, I believe our Dear Penny, was filming a Documentary in Sri Lanka about the lack of rights of the Indian Women in 2004 when the Tsunami hit. It was only by the Grace of G-D that she and her fiance' weren't killed, because he had come down with Malaria and was flown to a hospital in the next town over the day before the Tsunami hit! The bungalows that they were staying in, right near the beach, were washed away along with their crew, and most of them were killed! It devastated Penny so badly that she decided to stay in Sri Lanka and become a volunteer and her finace' couldn't handle it and flew back to England and they called the wedding off.
Much later down the road, Penny got engaged to one of her Camera Men and that's the last that I heard, but she was still in Sri Lanka at the time. I truly wish her well, and I miss her very much!

Biggest Hugs to All,
Wen
JB's Obsessed Fan#64
( I LOVE JASON BEHR!!!)
"God never gives you more than you can handle.
I just wish He didn't have so much Trust in me."
...Mother Theresa

Last edited by WenLuvsJB; 01-20-2015 at 12:22 AM
Old 01-20-2015, 01:11 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you for sharing Wen What a wonderful woman Penny is. I don't know her but have a lot of respect and admiration for her.

Sri Lanka is country i'd love to visit one day. Do you know if her documentary was ever aired/completed? It would be interesting to see it.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread