Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2004, 03:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

MIA

Just a quick post tonight Obsessed Ones.

I've been MIA recently because life has truly been rough this past week or so. Two family friends have passed away and yesterday one of my distant cousins died. When it comes to family it doesn't matter whether its a close member or a distant one it still feels the same. Sometimes I think people forget that death is forever. Anyway I'm feeling okay and just helping my Dad along because it was his nephew that has passed. As a few of you know my parents spilt just after Christmas this year and my Dad has been staying with his sister so has really got the chance to get close with his family again. Its been sad to see him today.

Another thing two of my very closest and special friends relationship seems to have been ruined. I don't have the full story but I can't see them working this one out at all. Its hard when you seem to be in the middle. I'm hoping it wont come to that for me, they are both so special to me. I've known the guy for alot longer and we are actually closer but the girl is special to me too. At the moment its one day at a time.

Roswell News - This past weekend was one year since I met Nick Weschler, William Sadler and David Nutter. I can't quite believe its gone by so quick. I had the photos out earlier and it seems years ago it all happened now.

Vecastone - My email pal is travelling with a travel group from her home country of Uruguay. She had been joined to the travel group through her University and each month you put a certain amount of money in a fund and at the end of your course the travel group spend it all on a trip. I think she's away from home for 4 months. Her boyfriend is in the group too as from June so she spends time with friends and stuff until then. I get to meet her when she visits the UK in July.

Friends - It all ends in the UK this Friday and I promise that I wont post any spoliers. I'm sorry, I forget some people still have to wait to get to see it.

Anyway I best be off now. I'm trying to read posts every few nights but sometimes its hard to post because it takes so long. I'll try more often over this week and hopefully it'll get better.

I'm loving all the Art and the new Photos. Amazing.

Much love and hugs to all,

Donna x x x x
'Wanna Be Startin Something' - 'MJ Always'
Old 05-24-2004, 05:01 PM
Loyal Fan

Hello fellow obessies

I just wanted to come and see what is happening. I see that we are revisiting out end of the world pics. I look and that pic of jason with his hair and his hair now. Wow!!!

BD2- Hello

ML- Hello

Tigereyes-

and to all others I missed

Carol
#154 OBSESSED JB FAN
Icon by mesmerise
Old 05-24-2004, 07:01 PM
Extreme Fan

Hey guys!

Quote:
Originally posted by MyrnaLynne
Hoodie This is the first I've heard that Katie has a new series! Great news! Will keep an eye out for it. I like those crime and science shows, although of course they are proliferating and pretty soon that will be all that's one!
Yep - that's why I'll probably not be able to watch. I have no stomach for medical dramas - someone's always getting sick, bleeding, or dying! Bless the people who work in those professions!

Quote:

'Lost' sounds like it might be silly but I like Ian Somerhalder and Dominic Monaghan, so I'll tune in and give it a chance next fall!
I forgot to mention the dreamy-eyed Ian Somerhalder! And Emilie DeRavin plays a pregnant woman who's in the plane crash in the pilot, but she's not written up as part of the regular cast. She's featured prominently in the trailer I saw.

Quote:

Kinsey Brad Pitt naked! LOL! That was the best part of 'Troy' and what brought everybody into the theater I think.
That and Eric Bana's bod! Troy was pretty slow for me until the Hector / Achilles fight scene - excellent! The Achilles / Priseus love scene was beautiful, but way too short to merit giving this film an R rating! Poo poo! After that, the movie really came together.

Poor Orlando having to step into a weak character role! He finally got his cojones back when he got the bow and arrow back in his hand - and was a great shot, as always! Yup...
Quote:

lots of eyebrow emoting.

Sean Bean's role was very similar to his in LOTR and I kept flashing on LOTR instead of the film at hand. sigh.
So true, so true! Orlando's eyebrows! And Sean Bean was really good!

And Jason would have been outstanding in this film! Love the Future Max pics - he would have made a wonderful Greek or Trojan!

Unfortunately, so much of the movie was soooo silly - because it went so contrary to the mythology. But probably no one cared because they were there to see Brad Pitt's muscles!

If you see Troy, please make sure to stay for the fantastic Josh Groban song - "Remember" which is absolutely amazing during the end credits!
As for me, I wish I had seen Shrek 2.

Quote:
PPS I did ask Jason about the necklace and it is the one he got in Japan but I also got the sense from him that it was personal and he didn't want to say any more about it. [/B]
Thanks for mentioning this! Good to know!

---- And in other news - We have a lot of flooding in the Chicago 'burbs at the moment, but nothing close to me, thank TPTB. Several tornados were in the area last night, but so far no touch downs. I get a little nervous when the sky gets that green though.

Hey Poddy - Thanks for that, as always! You're such a sweetie! Since this summer is "Move Mom into the condo" summer, vacation time will be short and sweet. I'm not doing summer school this year, thank goodness, but I am trying to offer a summer bridge program for new students for a week in August. By the time I catch up with all the chores around my own house I've put on hold during the school year, I'll be back to school! I've got to find some time for some fun!

And what a lot of great new smilies - I have got to get that nanny nanny one! And I've been doing the copy and paste thing too - so afraid each post is going to get lost!

How goes it with your real life? Did you get to the beach this weekend?

Hey Tribeca Obessessies! Is it weird to call everyone by their board names now that you're back here? Everyone seems so much more comfortable with your real names now - I'm still trying to keep everyone's names straight with the pics!

Hey to all - Nat and VeronicB - Nice to see you guys!
Tigereyes - such a great SO earlier - you put me to shame;
Dreamer - love all the Tribeca pics,
Hey OOTW - where do you live in Cols? My mom lives in the Northland area. I graduated from Northland eons ago, but my brother's family lives on the west side. I'm really an Ohioan just spending a few years in Illinois!
Maxed - Missed you and sorry for your losses. Changes in one's family are never easy. Sometimes I think that divorces are harder on people when you are older. Since I hardly remember my parents being married, there's nothing to miss.
I hope life becomes easier soon.
Hey Lynxie [/b]- been wondering if you made it over here!
Vicki - another art person! Very cool! No wonder we have so many interesting, arty people on here!
Scottie - Loved your pic with Jason! You should NOT be camera shy!
Kinsey - Thanks so much for the FM pics!!
Dreamer Wow ! Nudity at school! My goodness! I'm always kidding with the kids that I really DON'T want to see their underwear - boys showing off their boxers, girls their thongs and bras! And to think back in the day we thought that hot pants were risque!

Well, I've got to get back to the grindstone! Well, heck, I got the "you've exceeded the smilie limit" warning.
Old 05-24-2004, 08:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Hello Obessies

I just posting by here.

Hoodie- I am from the East side of Columbus, however I used to live on the West side of Columbus. But the family is from all around.

Just wanted to say hello and liking all of the pics that are being posted. I wish I got more pics of him and really wished that my video did not get lost I would had footage of the memorable event.

Well I am off to bed I will post more later,

Hello to LongTimeFan, Hoodie, ML, BD2, breathless, tigereyes, Ecentric one and all the others I missed.

Carol
#154 OBSESSED JB FAN
Icon by mesmerise
Old 05-24-2004, 11:09 PM
Passionate Fan

Hi Obsessie Sweeties!

Just a fly by post. Will try and catch up tomorrow.

Wanted to drop off the link to my Tribeca pics. I finally managed to edit and upload them yesterday. Here is the link:

Maggie's Tribeca Pix

Maggie
Old 05-25-2004, 01:43 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by cheriedreams
HYBRID--just a quick note to tell you that when I read your latest chapter today, I wanted to throttle you, but when I see your beautiful art, my heart just melts. So, you've given me balance. Thanks

Cherie
Glad ya found a balance Cherie

Belevn - Aww for me Thanks i love it! Thanks for the compliant on the art.

Vicki and Roni- Phew! Glad ya both said that. yeah Vic i'm finding the same thing with all the fic too, some are too predictable. except for Dee, she throws some great curve balls.

Oh and thanks Roni, i try. my talent fails me sometime tho. i become my worst critic.
Old 05-25-2004, 05:06 AM
Passionate Fan

Hey all!!!

Well last night was realy realy fun!!! Me and my friend went to the concerts and it was realy great but the best part was the last band: Mashina! They are realy good... It's this rock 'n roll kind of a band and they're realy great!!! They broke apart at '95 and now they are back together again so they gave a 2 hours show and it was amazing!!! I realy don't remember the last time I had so much fun... And now I can't stop hearing their songs!!!

Orlando Bloom... What can I say... I've watched him only in The Lord Of The Ring and the amount of acting over there wasn't that high... He's nices but if/when he'll disapear I won't miss him... He's not that good...

I would also love to see Jason in that kind of a movie, I realy love action/historical movies... Plus it can be sooo amazing to see him wearing that nice skirt and those nice tops where you can see all his muscles... Ok... I think you got the picture... Plus I just think Jason is good enough of an actor to be good in any knid of a movie...

ML, well it wouldn't be the first time that hollywood is changing a story just so it'll fit the way they see it or so that it'll fit to the publics eye... It was pretty obviouse that they will change something after all the real ending of Illiad isn't realy nice... More like too sad... And Love has to conquer all...

Dreamer, that vication thing sounds realy nice... Though the last time I went on vication with my family I got realy sick of them pretty soon... Have a realy great time anyway!!!

Kins, ok... Maybe I'll give Troy a shot... Now I have to find someone who'll be willing to go with me to see that movie... My friends aren't exactly into going to the theater for movies... Yea... I know sooo enoying... But what can I do? I can't stop being their friend just because of this... Oh well...

Lynx, sorry to hear you have problems with your connection! Have fun in Dallas... I hope it's for fun...

Maxed, sorry to hear about all of your losses!!! We're incase you need something!!! But you already knew that...

Maggie, I loved your pics!!! Thanks for sherring them with us!!!

Hybrid, yea... I agry too! Alot of times the fics are complitly predictable! But I like reading them anyway... It alot of fun!!!

Scottie, Vicki, Belevn, Tiger, ootw, Hoodie and everyone els I've missed...

You don't have to be crazy to be my friend.... But it sure helps!
Old 05-25-2004, 05:46 AM
Loyal Fan

Vicki thanks for your good wishes with the assignment. I had to imagine I'm a sales rep for an office equipment company, research a piece of equipment and present a sales report to the class. There's a whole bunch of elements to the overall assignment on which we'll be judged.

Which brings me to my request, to all the artists on the board. My 'company' EXYZan Sales, Zan Antar Managing Director, needs to have 'business cards' to had around. I would like to use the whirlwind symbol on them, but I'm having trouble drawing it. Could someone post a sketch please, that I can import into my documents?

Maxed big hugs to you honey.

Was it you Kinsey who was talking about Eric Bana with me (I'm having a forgetful moment)? I know he's a great actor honey, one of his first Major roles here (post the stand up comedy) was as an extremely notorious criminal "Chopper" Reid. The only word to describe the critics after that performance was 'gobsmacked'. They were all astounded that it was him.

Hugs to everyone

butterflybehr
Old 05-25-2004, 06:25 AM
Absolute Fan

Hey Obsessed Ones.....Yes another fly by from me....I'll try to get back and do a better SO in a little bit....

and I'm borrowing this from Podmom...

See everyone in a little bit!
Old 05-25-2004, 06:44 AM
Absolute Fan

Posting Blind because I am soo busy! I have been too busy to even tell you guys that I'm too busy

Hey Everyone!!

I'm not going to be on a lot at the moment because I have my exams at the moment so I am trying ( ) to revise like mad for them! My first one is June 8th, and its Maths! argh!!! so wish me luck !!

Mwah!

Kirsty
xxxx

I hope that everyone is doing well, take care look after yourselves, I will be on - just not a lot until June 24th!! argh!!! I love you ALL (!!!!) lots and lots and lots and lots
Old 05-25-2004, 07:05 AM
Elite Fan

Maxed I'm so very sorry you had so much loss and problems lately.......I'm sure you are a big comfort to your dad. The friends thing is hard to not get entangled with.......be careful what you say to them and other mutual friends and you might be ok.......If you remain possitive things hopefully will blow over....good luck with them. Wow it's been a yr already? I remember seeing different pps pix of that.it looked great!

Hi Hoodie I forgot about the Lost show....that sounds way more interesting to me....and I saw the trailer yesterday and thought I caught a glimps of Emily....thanks for confirming it! Troy just has not made me want to see it......I know it's weird but Brad doesn't do it for me....he seems nice and I think he can act but he's no Jason Behr .......I love that he made Kinsey so happy though!!!

Carol Major bummer about the video ...Being there in person was the best though

Maggie,Hybrid,vB.butterfly,Pretty,dz and everone not on this pg!!

....did I see Tiger ?
Old 05-25-2004, 07:09 AM
Addicted Fan

Re: Hey guys!

Quote:
Originally posted by Hoodie

Scottie - Loved your pic with Jason! You should NOT be camera shy!
Hoodie - thanks so much! I don't think I'm exactly camera shy, just Jason shy! I froze! But he's so sweet

to everyone who's in need of a hug right about now. I hope all the hurts go away!

Maggie - your pics are awesome! I esp liked the one of the party through the mirror, that was a kewl pic! Great shot!

Last edited by Scottie; 05-25-2004 at 07:20 AM
Old 05-25-2004, 07:31 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Podmom
....did I see Tiger ?
Yup!! You did!!

Scottie- I absolutely LOVE the picture of you and Jason....That's definitely a shot!!
Old 05-25-2004, 07:34 AM
Master Fan

Hi Obsessies!!

No time for shouting out but I wanted to drop this off for

Donna I know how you feel - it's hard enough losing one person, let alone 3. Unfortunately I know what that's like too. You feel lost and can't figure out who to mourn. My thoughts are with you. All I can say is try to remember them from the best of your memories - it helps to keep them alive in your heart.

BBL when I have time!
“I’m drawn more towards independent-minded things because I think that’s where the most interesting stories are. But, it doesn’t really matter to me if it’s a big-budget thing, or a small little bare-bones movie that I have to pay to be in. For me, it’s more about the story and the character than anything else.”
~ Jason Behr

Last edited by LongTimeFan; 05-25-2004 at 07:47 AM
Old 05-25-2004, 08:41 AM
Master Fan

Lynxie Sorry RL is keeping you away! You are missed!

Maxed Sorry for all your losses. A to help you through hard times. sigh. Life can turn very hard and who can understand stuff like this happening?

Emilie's name isn't listed in the cast for 'Lost' so maybe she gets killed off in the pilot? (heh heh). Glad she's working though! Working is always good. Will never forgive/warm up to Tess, but I have nothing against the woman who played her!

I see Brendan has some movie called 'Sugar' coming up at the Toronto Gay Film Festival too - interesting! Not a project I'd imagine him doing but I don't really know anything about it.

Veronic True, Hollywood always changes books, and it would be pretty impossible to portray the Trojan War that lasted 10 whole years in a film! Three hours was bad enough! LOL! I think people who are students of the Illiad might not like what they did with 'Troy' but let's face it - with the state of education these days, how many people in the theater have even read the Illiad? How many movie goers have read ANYTHING, beyond maybe teen magazines or the Enquirer? sigh. Sorry - sounding like a cranky old timer! But in fact, I haven't read the Illiad myself - although my hubby has a well-thumbed copy of it.

The movie was very well done - although sometimes the extras and people standing around in the background were too noticeable, which seemed a fault to me. Eric Bana was really good - I'd say he was the best, or maybe just the best character. Brad Pitt's character was suitably interesting and complex. I don't think the amount we saw of Brad Pitt or that love scene merited an R. I would think the R was more for the bloody battle stuff maybe? It didn't seem very naughty to me!

Poddy ITA - Brad Pitt is no Jason Behr!

Orlando Bloom was gorgeous in Lord of the Rings. Unfortunately, he looks absolutely nothing like Legolas in real life! He's very young, he got skyrocketed to international fame and big roles his first job out of acting school, and he's doing the best he can with all of this. Seems like a very lively and funny guy and hasn't let sudden giant fame make him crazy or act like a jerk.

Hoodie I'd prefer to remain MyrnaLynne here, don't know how anybody else feels about the name thing. Maybe because I've never cared much for my actual name or thought it fit me at all.

Sad! Moving offices in a few weeks and just took down most of my 'JB shrine' to take home. Roswell and JB calendars, stuffed behrs, green aliens, etc. Won't have the space in the new spot to put up too many JB things - but of course, I'll find room for a few! Where I go, Jason has to come along with me! Have a framed pic of him I can sneak in among the framed ones of Mr ML, MLette, Mr ML Jr, and the dog. heh. To me, he's practically 'family'!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Closed Thread   Post New Thread