Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2017, 12:17 PM
Elite Fan

That's good.

Mine was ok accept Liz and the kids( not Walter yet) got very sick with the flu so that was a buzz kill. Their 2 day trip to the indoor water park was way fun but not worth the flu Podad and I stayed 3 days to help Came home Tuesday evening to get a good nights sleep then I went back again Wednesday to help and had to deal with a flat tire that afternoon so had to deal with that and didn't get home till 8pm SO we've had better but it was still good to be with them and thankful this was Emily's year with the inlaws so she wasn't exposed given her pregnancy.

So far podad and I aren't sick hoping that stays!
Old 12-29-2017, 03:21 PM
Master Fan

Yikes! That's not very fun. I hope it misses you guys too! The flu is going around my family and I'm hoping it misses me. I've never had it and I intend to keep it that way! My best friend is a nurse at an urgent care and they've been seeing several cases of the flu and strep throat a day. I told her we'll get together to exchange gifts after she's no longer a carrier
Old 12-29-2017, 07:13 PM
Elite Fan

I hope it misses you too....wash your hands a lot!
Old 12-29-2017, 07:23 PM
Master Fan

Oh I am!
Old 12-30-2017, 10:38 AM
Elite Fan

Oh no that's horrible! I hope everyone is fully recovered now?
Old 01-02-2018, 11:13 AM
Master Fan

Yeah I keep hearing people have the flu, so I hope I don't get it. The flu shot I got apparently is not that good this year...whatever that means!

I'm Aubrey
Old 01-02-2018, 12:01 PM
Master Fan

There are different flu strains and when they prepare the vaccines they have to decide which strain they predict will be the worse that year. There is a lot of research that goes into it but it's still unpredictable as the strains change constantly. I was a pharmacy tech for years and saw some years with barely any flu outbreaks and other years were insane!
Old 01-03-2018, 04:32 AM
Elite Fan

Oh interesting. I've never had flu! Well, proper flu....when you're in bed for days and literally can't do anything. I get annoyed when people come to work and say they have flu...i'm like if you had real flu you'd be in bed! I'm harsh.

Hoping for some good new music this year!! I need a new band/singer to get into....I listen to the same stuff over and over!
Old 01-03-2018, 05:58 AM
Master Fan

Ohhh cool! My cousin works for a pharmaceutical in LA. But have no idea, i think that's what she does? Great fact though! About the flu! Also didn't know you are in the medicine field Margarita!

Yeah apparently there's an Ed Sheeran song that keeps playing over and over called Perfect? And it has like different versions. Never heard of it....

I'm Aubrey
Old 01-03-2018, 07:31 AM
Master Fan

I've never had it either and I hope to keep it that way!

I worked at a pharmacy for over 7 years. Depending on the day I would either be a tech or the manager out in the store. I left because of drama in the store between other people affecting the workplace and major corporate changes. I dreaded going to work everyday so I left. I do miss a lot of the patients/customers but I live in a small town so I still see them around. Same with some of the employees. Quite a few left after I did.

I need new music too. I haven't found a new artist or band that I've really gotten into in years! I think I'm getting too picky
Old 01-03-2018, 11:56 AM
Elite Fan

Ugh i'm sorry it ended in bad circumstances! It's crazy how having good colleagues is sometimes more important than the actual job!

Yeah Ed Sheeran is everywhere! I don't mind it but his stuff is way overplayed.
Old 01-03-2018, 12:19 PM
Master Fan

I know! There were 2 other managers like me and they were constantly at each other's throats and kept trying to get me to pick sides and it was just a mess. And some of the other workers were high school aged and just viewed work as a job and not a career so a lot of calling in and talking behind other's backs and it was just ridiculous.

I like Ed Sheeran sometimes but I agree, he's way overplayed.
Old 01-03-2018, 12:22 PM
Elite Fan

Ugh sorry that's ****ty. But hey, better things await you i'm sure.

Right now I love Pink - old and new!
Old 01-03-2018, 12:28 PM
Master Fan

I'm hoping! Lots of job hunting right now! I'm hoping to find something I enjoy before I demolish my savings account!

I love her too! So much talent! And such a unique voice!
Old 01-04-2018, 07:00 AM
Elite Fan

Awww.....that's hard though!! I have changed career a lot....it's hard to find something you enjoy enough to do every day! What kind of thing are you looking for?

Yeah she's amazing. I'm hoping she'll tour over here again soon.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread