Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2017, 01:14 PM
Master Fan

I've been listening to a lot of Soundgarden lately. I'm still devasted over Chris Cornell. A lot of celebrity deaths upset me but that one hit me hard.

Is that Miley song very poppy? I like her voice on some songs but not the pop ones.
Old 05-25-2017, 04:31 AM
Master Fan

Margarita my hubby is a huge fan of Chris Cornell.
I couldn't believe it when I saw the headlines last week, I got sick to my stomach.
My hubby wasn't feeling well so he hasn't seen the news yet so I had to break it to him. He hasn't been able to listen to his albums cause he is till in shock. All of his favourite musicians, INXS, Alice in Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, Tragically Hip...singers are gone or dying. He was really counting on Soundgarden and Pearl Jam to release new albums...now it's just PJ.

And the Miley song sounds countryish with pop? I hate country, but this one just sounded good to me.

I'm Aubrey
Old 05-25-2017, 06:48 AM
Master Fan

I've been a fan since I was kid. Pearl Jam is my all time favorite. Soundgarden was a definite second. I was hoping to see them live one day. I've seen Pearl Jam and that was phenomenal. I did see a Chris Cornell show last year and he was so amazing. He had an incredible voice. I still can't believe what happened. I guess I have to put Soundgarden in the category of bands I'll never see along with Nirvana, (original)Sublime, (original) Alice in Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, Temple of the Dog.....the list goes on

I'll have to check it out. I'm not usually a fan of her stuff but a few songs will actually surprise me here and there.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:38 AM
Master Fan

oh Margarita, I'm so sorry.
You have the exact same taste as my hubby.
Except for Nirvana, that was the only band he didn't really care for, but he does like foo fighters.
I'm so lucky I got to see Soundgarden a few years ago.
It was great cuz it was during a thunderstorm so while he was singing there was lighting behind him going crazy.

I'm Aubrey
Old 05-25-2017, 12:45 PM
Master Fan

I love Foo Fighters too. Dave Grohl makes me smile. That sounds amazing! I would have loved to have seen that. His voice was out of this world. I loved the covers he would do. His cover of Nothing Compares 2 U always gives me goosebumps.
Old 05-25-2017, 02:34 PM
Elite Fan

I also love Foo Fighters! I've seen them live a few times; so good!!

I will admit I don't know a lot of Soundgardens songs. Very sad what happened.
Old 05-25-2017, 03:12 PM
Master Fan

Foo Fighters are a very fun band to see live!

My oldest brother had a massive CD collection. He loved to find rare imports and bootlegs and I would sneak in and steal them to listen to. He took me to see Korn and Metallica when I was 12. I begged for him to take me to see Soundgarden but we never made it. I'm thankful I at least got to see Chris live last year.
Old 05-26-2017, 04:39 AM
Master Fan

Yeah that's really nice that you got to see Chris live at least! He does have a great voice.

Omg you have the same taste as my hubby! I've seen Korn with him a couple years ago and he is seeing Metalica this summer for the first time!

I'm Aubrey
Old 05-26-2017, 05:22 AM
Master Fan

One of the best voices. It always amazed me.

I've always loved music. I grew up with classic rock and country but I'll listen to anything. Rock and punk are my favorites though.

Metallica is amazing live. I'm seeing them again later this year
Old 05-26-2017, 02:50 PM
Elite Fan

I'm not really into heavy rock bands like Korn I'm more of an indie rock kinda girl....Snow Patrol, Chili Peppers (old stuff)...Mumford and Sons Not sure you'd call them rock!
Old 05-26-2017, 03:26 PM
Master Fan

If I listen to too much metal in a row it puts me to sleep When I was young and we would drive overnight to visit family my dad always listened to metal to stay awake. He didn't turn it up loud but I could hear it while I was sleeping. I love it but listening to a full album makes me need a nap
Old 05-27-2017, 12:40 PM
Elite Fan

It has the opposite effect on me... Sometimes it just some sounds like screaming! I need silence to sleep or I'm terrible! Haha. Although I'm okay if it's the ocean noise I'm falling asleep too
Old 05-27-2017, 07:13 PM
Master Fan

I sleep best to music but my college roommate was the opposite. We had an agreement that during the week we'd sleep without the radio on but on the weekends I could have music. She would occasionally try those cds of relaxing sounds but that always kept me awake
Old 05-28-2017, 02:55 PM
Elite Fan

so you can sleep to heavy metal but not relaxing sound music? Although some of the so called relaxing music is very annoying! When I lived in Ghana I'd get woken by roosters at 5am and people singing, sweeping...starting their day! And sometimes church would last all night....chanting, praying and singing all night long, and very loudly! Ghanaians love their music and massive speakers! Drove me crazy!
Old 05-28-2017, 06:41 PM
Master Fan

Yep! I can't explain it but that's how I am

That would drive me crazy too! That's a lot to handle!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread