Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2019, 09:28 AM
Master Fan

Grimm is a bit different Ekua, but I’m glad you like Million Little Things. I love shows about life and intersections of people and things happening by chance that change the journey forward.

We binge watched Breaking Bad so we should check out better call Saul! I forgot about that one!
Old 10-12-2019, 05:54 AM
Elite Fan

Me too JJ. Those are the ones I find most interesting and engaging!!

I’m going to start This Is Us again...!
Old 10-12-2019, 06:52 AM
Master Fan

I just got back into This is Us too!!! I kind of like the non linear story telling
Old 10-12-2019, 04:24 PM
Elite Fan

2 episodes in and enjoying it...will continue!
Old 10-12-2019, 08:05 PM
Elite Fan

I liked the first Eppie of This Is Us too

still need to watch the second one
Old 10-13-2019, 04:21 AM
Elite Fan

It’s another emotional one though...! I cry so easily though....
Old 10-13-2019, 11:55 AM
Master Fan

I cry way too easily..... doesn’t take much to pull my heartstrings, even animated movies like Lion King get me.....going to watch this week’s This is Us later today.
Old 10-14-2019, 12:48 AM
Elite Fan

Oh me too! I’m so emotional! Sometimes a good cry is a good thing though!

Enjoying A Million Little Things also!
Old 10-15-2019, 01:44 PM
Elite Fan

Saw the second eppie of This is US

So far liking it better than last year!
Old 10-15-2019, 04:36 PM
Master Fan

I got really fed up with the adult 'kids' on This is Us - all so self centered and neurotic and spoiled and - I don't know. But they've reigned that in and gone interesting places. I really like 'This is Us'.

I tried "Million Little things" but the whole suicide, and the other guy almost committing suicide, and the guy sleeping with the suicide guy's wife (suicide guy cheating with his secretary?) - um, I decided no. And supposedly set in Boston among sport fan guys, so thought I'd like it more but - people behaving badly, too much angst, IDK.

Watched 'Rocketman' the Elton John biopic and we didn't like it at all - but then we realized we aren't huge Elton John fans either. But we really liked the Freddie Mercury Queen biopic, and we weren't any huger fans of Queen - it was just a better movie.

Watched 'Shazam' again and enjoyed it all over again.

Liking 'Stumptown' even though the main gal isn't that likeable a character - sort of a loser; PTSD, drinker, always broke.. But the show is sort of stylish - has a Starsky & Hutch vibe to it a little.

Oh I saw they are doing a 'Loretta Lynn and Patsy Cline' thing on Lifetime and who is playing one of their (bad) husbands but my vampire actor boy Kyle Schmid. He very quietly keeps on working (ahem, unlike my other alien actor boy...)
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 10-15-2019, 09:47 PM
Elite Fan

I’ve only seen a few episodes of both so far but I’m enjoying both! I like the flawed characters; makes it more realistic.

I like Eddie from A Million Little Things despite the affair - he doesn’t seem like a bad guy at heart.
Old 10-17-2019, 08:14 AM
Master Fan

100% agree Ekua, I’m watching the latest episodes of both shows too. Second episode of This is Us got me on the kids growing up part! Life goes too fast!

Eddie is a good guy that messed up, I think you will see how his character develops. David does a good job. Although I’m probably more forgiving since I’m swayed by the good character he was in Grimm.
Old 10-18-2019, 12:12 AM
Elite Fan

Yes I’m looking forward to watching more of it. So far I like all the characters - no one seems awful yet!

Anyone watch Modern Family? I’m enjoying the new season but it’s definitely not as funny as it used to be.
Old 10-18-2019, 01:37 PM
Master Fan

I am watching modern family and I agree although it has it’s moments they haven’t had any so funny I’m losing it moments yet this season. I guess the kids are just getting older. Not a super fan of the twins, I feel like a lot of sitcoms after being on several seasons bring in the baby or babies to stretch the story. They did it once successfully when Gloria had her son, but now, meh. Might be good that this is the final season. I’ll keep watching since I do love the characters, they’ve been around so long!
Old 10-18-2019, 07:33 PM
Elite Fan

Great rundown of the shows you've been watching ML I'm glad so far they are doing a better job with This Is Us. I haven't seen any of the other shows you guys mentioned accept Modern Family but I haven't seen any new eppies for a couple of years. Who had twins :O