Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2017, 10:36 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

Yeah I never saw Avatar either!! I just was not interested.

Gattaca, i think i watched that in high school!! I can't remember it though but I remember liking it!

I'm Aubrey
aubie_ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 11:36 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

There's a new horror type movie with KH my friends want to see - I might go!! (free tickets)
Ekua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 04:31 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

Ohhh is it the one where she's an ex wife and Rosario Dawson is in it? I wanted to watch that too!! It looked creepy! She plays creepy really well it looks like!!

I'm Aubrey
Old 04-18-2017, 12:09 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

Yup!!! She looks crazy in it!! Like a stalker who will end up dead!
Old 04-18-2017, 01:14 PM
Master Fan

I've also never seen 'Avatar'! And we avoid 3-D movies, they give Mlette a headache and Mr ML isn't a fan either (maybe because they wear glasses? IDK) And now they've made a Disney 'world' about Avatar, and I won't get it because I haven't seen it. It just sounded soo stupid (the thing they couldn't obtain was called 'unobtainium' - really?)

Yes, I've seen KH in the new movie trailer and she looks really SCARY! Glad she's working again.

Oh on Passover you can't eat any grains (except stuff made out of matzah) or even starchy veggies like beans or corn or peas, for 8 days. It gets over tonight

I remembered I really liked GATTACA but I didn't remember the movie (it had been 20 years, after all) so it was very suspenseful and I didn't know how it was going to turn out - it was like seeing it for the first time all over again. Very cool movie, very good cast. We didn't stick around for the ethicist/geneticist talk though, just wanted to see the movie. But genetic manipulation etc is getting to the point it was at in that movie, 20 years ago. Science fiction becoming science fact. Except the space program isn't doing so well (they were launching tons of rockets in that movie).

I've been singing Beauty and the Beast songs for weeks. Although the new songs they added to the film are fairly forgettable - although it was Disney night on DWTS and they danced to one of the new songs (Josh Groban) and it was pretty nice.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
MyrnaLynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 01:36 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

Well the movie has pretty awful reviews...really KH should take a hint! Although most of those thriller type movies don't do so well.

Oh thanks MyrnaLynne I didn't know that! Something else I can teach kids when doing Judaism.
Old 04-18-2017, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Roswell
The 100

That's so weird, I just saw a commercial for that Avatar theme park and then I come in here and see this I've never seen it either

Definitely want to watch that KH movie.

Lxury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 05:06 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

Yeah I don't know if i'll ever watch Avatar.
But ML you are making me want to watch Gattaca now!!
I was gonna ask you Lisa if you wanted to go watch that one day!

I'm Aubrey
Old 04-19-2017, 06:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Roswell
The 100

Yeah let's do it!

Lxury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 07:44 AM
Master Fan

Oh also you can't have rice - unless you are a Sephardic Jew (from Spain, middle east, far east etc), it's okay for them to eat. So they can have sushi but the Ashkenazi (Eastern European) Jews aren't allowed. Anyway, Passover is done for another year! Back to bread etc.

That KH movie did look pretty bad, but then, scary movies like that generally are! I felt sorry for her, doing the kitty litter (?) commercial (playing a snarky cat psychologist) recently - I'm sure it paid, but doesn't make her career look like it's doing so well.. ahem.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
MyrnaLynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 02:54 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

So weird all those food rules! I'd get confused

Hmm well her career is not going well! although better than some people that's for sure!
Old 04-20-2017, 11:11 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

Hmmm what other movies have i seen lately...

I really want to see 100 hundred foot journey again. The blogger i follow watched it recently and made me want to watch it again! Such a feel good movie!

I'm Aubrey
Old 04-20-2017, 02:17 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

Never seen that one!!

I watched Spotlight over the weekend. Really good but kinda harrowing movie.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:21 PM
Master Fan

I wouldn't watch Avatar unless it was in a theater. It was kinda Dances with wolves but aliens. White guys evil...aliens good. it was heavy handed in that regard but I did love the pretty parts. I liked it.

Glad you can eat bread again ML

What is 100 foot journey about?
Old 04-21-2017, 04:43 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

Spotlight was the boston priest stuff right? I remember the gasps in the theatre when the credits rolled. I started laughing, not because of the credits but the synchronized gasps from everyone.

100 foot journey is about indian chefs living in paris. so lots of food shots and scenery. it was so lovely!!

I'm Aubrey
Reply   Post New Thread