Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2017, 04:30 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

Euka I only know these movies because of my husband. Otherwise I would be clueless too! Before him, I only use to only watch cheesy love movies.

I'm Aubrey
aubie_ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 05:05 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

brilliant! Nothing wrong with cheesy love movies! I hope he watches them with you

Have you seen A Cinderella Story with Hilary Duff and Chad Michael Murray? Love it!
Ekua is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:11 PM
Master Fan

Missed both those movies but I remember Chad in that TV show I can't remember the name of he played a bad boy in Gilmore Girls in a couple of eppies before that other TV show which I actually watched with Emily. I'm glad they had all those great teen shows on the WB ( including Roswell of course) when Emily was a teen so we could enjoy them together. I don't think there is much on these days. There is The 100 but I don't know of any others do you guys?

My favorite after Roswell was the OC and then Friday Night Lights

Edited cause I remembered One Tree Hill

loved Everwood too
Old 07-18-2017, 09:47 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

Podmom I love that you watched all those shows! That's so cool. My mum hated all those teen type shows

She watched Friends and Desperate Housewives with us but nowadays there's so much rubbish on TV it's hard to find something to watch together. I think reality TV has really ruined things!

Chad is cute. I wonder if he's done any movies recently...
Old 07-19-2017, 09:14 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

Aww yes i have seen that Cinderella version, it was so cute!

And I do remember Chad from Gilmore Girls, he was a jerk in that show.

Watched Planet of the Apes last night, it was good but the first two where way better.

I'm Aubrey
Old 07-20-2017, 01:43 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

I have the DVD of it! Super cheesy!

Not seen Planet of the Apes!
Old 07-20-2017, 03:12 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

It's crazy how you find an ape to be a super good actor!

I'm Aubrey
Old 07-20-2017, 03:34 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

There's a movie coming out with Mandy Moore that looks so bad it might be entertaining! It's called 47 meters down.....you tube the trailer!
Old 07-23-2017, 03:43 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

omg i have been following her on instagram and she was posting about it! yeah totally gonna watch it on netflix when it comes on. not paying for that.

I'm Aubrey
Old 07-24-2017, 12:14 PM
Master Fan

Mandy Moore is so good on the TV show 'This is Us' people probably will go see that movie. The TV show is nominated for like 11 Emmy awards! I think the show comes back in September sometime?

Well, we went out and saw 'Dunkirk' yesterday - it was in 70 mm, but not Imax, regular theater. It was nice, the manager came out and announced that they don't made avertisements in 70 mm, so they were just going to show the movie with a couple of trailers before it (everyone clapped of course). They usually show so many commercials and trailers before movies now, I start to forget what movie I went to see!

The trailer for the new 'Bladerunner' movie looked awesome (comes out in October). I loved the original Bladerunner but geez, there's Ryan Gosling again - that guy is everywhere; and Jared Leto is in it too, playing some pretty creepy dude.

I didn't really notice the 70 mm past the opening shot, which I noticed was stunning in its clarity and beauty and then I was too busy watching the show (and covering my ears for all the gunfire and bombs going off)! It was an excellent movie, very 'immersive' almost like VR, you feel like you are right there, in the war with those poor boys. You really see how insane and hellish and stupid war is. They tell the story from 3 points of view, the RAF pilots, the guys on the beach at Dunkirk trying to get home across the channel, and the wee boats that went out from England to pick up the soldiers and take them home. There was one peril after another! I was a bit shell-shocked by the time I got out of that movie. And the saddest thought was, even the boys who managed to get home after all that, they probably let them rest up and clean up a bit - and then they sent them back again to fight the War some more! So sad.

Cillian Murphy is in it, and the older guy who won an Oscar for that Bridge of Spies movie with Tom Hanks (he was the spy), and Harry Styles blended in and if you didn't know it was him, well, you wouldn't know it was him. Good job all around. There's an Attenborough young guy in there, who is related to Richard Attenborough and all the famous Attenboroughs too. The characters are all fairly nameless and with no stories, just guys doing their things in the war.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan

Last edited by MyrnaLynne; 07-24-2017 at 12:21 PM
MyrnaLynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 03:43 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

Oh thanks for that review MyrnaLynne! I really want to see Dunkirk! Glad you liked it

I'm glad it seems to be realistic and not over the top unrealistic etc.
Old 07-25-2017, 10:52 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

Thanks ML! Glad you liked it!! I can't wait to watch it.

I think we'll be watching it this Friday on IMAX.

I had a feeling it was going to be different story lines from how it was advertised.
I just know me and hubby will really enjoy it. We like Chris Nolan.

I'm Aubrey
Old 07-25-2017, 01:02 PM
Master Fan

You're welcome! Hope you all get to see it and enjoy it. Very good movie making.

Saw a trailer for 'Justice League' too - mysterious figure on a cliff, takes off his cloak and it's... Ben Affleck, sad Batman. The audience sort of groaned... Looks like a stupid movie, although Gal Gadot/Wonder Woman is in it.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 07-25-2017, 01:14 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

So tired of constant Batman, Spiderman, superhero comic book movies!
Old 07-26-2017, 07:33 AM
Master Fan

Yes, enough is enough with the superheroes! The 'boy Spiderman' movie looks pretty dumb too.

I saw a new (to me) movie - that's nearly 20 years old! Disney's 'Mulan.' Nice film. Although I noticed that the grandmother in 'Mulan' looks suspiciously a lot like the grandmother in "Moana" - maybe they save money on animation by re-using grandmothers?

Blast from the past, an 18-year-old (unrecognizable) Christina Aguillera singing on the extra stuff music video, and Jackie Chan (Jackie Chan!) singing the other song, in Chinese too! Who knew Jackie Chan could sing?

Pretty forgettable songs, but a nice film. Favorite film of my daughter's Korean-American friend, Chong - gee, heroic Asian girl who brings honor to her family, I wonder what she liked about it?
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Reply   Post New Thread