Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2017, 04:49 AM
Master Fan

yeah i haven't seen that movie in a while. i remember not being scared though when watching it as a kid. i remember watching jurassic park and being scared of the dinosaurs.

I'm Aubrey
Old 06-29-2017, 11:17 AM
Master Fan

We (finally) saw "Hidden Figures" last night! Very good movie. A little bit long, but very educational about the (bad old) days of segregation and the excitement (and fears) of the Kennedy years/space race, and empowering for (smart but forgotten) black women who overcame a lot.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 06-29-2017, 03:18 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah Jurassic Park was terrifying as a kid! I love it now though. The music gets me every time!

MyranLynne I loved Hidden Figures. I really liked Kevin Costner in it. Not seen him in much in a long time! Good cast and well done (agree about it being a little too long though, especially with all the math stuff ).

The Bodyguard was on TV here the other night....such a guilty pleasure!!
Old 06-30-2017, 04:43 AM
Master Fan

oh gosh yeah the soundtrack of jurassic park gets me too!

still have to see that movie! i would probably sleep during the math stuff.

omg i remember watching bodyguard when i was 9 and just wanted to be whitney houston!

I'm Aubrey
Old 06-30-2017, 04:20 PM
Elite Fan

it's worth it though!

Haha yeah I still love The Bodyguard. And Whitney. What a voice she had.
Old 07-04-2017, 07:38 AM
Master Fan

Yeah so crazy how many musicians we're losing lately.

I watched this Korean zombie movie over our Canada Day long weekend and I really enjoyed it. It was called Train to Busan.

I'm Aubrey
Old 07-04-2017, 07:45 AM
Master Fan

Yes, loved the Bodyguard, everyone wished they were Whitney Houston - but turns out being her wasn't that great, sadly. What a voice! Kevin Costner was very cute when he was younger, like in Bull Durham (?). He was good in Hidden Figures. Although my husband laughed when he saw Jim Parsons from 'Big Bang Theory' in there, playing a smart but pissy scientist (what he usually plays).

We went to see 'Despicable Me 3' yesterday, even in the theater!
I'd seen coming attractions for it and it looked funny and cute, and it was. Hubby was a bit grumpy paying theater prices to see a 'cartoon' movie. And MLette had the day off and surprised us/came over so she went to the movies with us too. We didn't bother with the 3-D; hubby and daughter don't like 3-D movies, maybe because they wear glasses? IDK. 2Ds are enough for us!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 07-04-2017, 09:09 AM
Elite Fan

I don't like 3D either! I think it's a waste of money, especially in kid's movies. Hehe I want to see that movie - the minions are so funny!
Old 07-05-2017, 03:51 AM
Master Fan

oh gosh yeah i hate 3D. I really don't see the point of it other than give you a headache after. i wear glasses too, so yeah it sucks.

I'm Aubrey
Old 07-05-2017, 09:40 AM
Master Fan

My family thought the Minions were the funniest part of that movie. But we watched the Minions movie, and that wasn't so funny - they are good for comic relief, not so much as the main characters I guess.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 07-05-2017, 01:41 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah I don't think I could watch a whole movie with them!
Old 07-06-2017, 05:12 AM
Master Fan

yeah i haven't watched any of the despicable me movies. but i do know the minions because they are everywhere and i use them a lot for my gifs!

I'm Aubrey
Old 07-06-2017, 08:04 AM
Elite Fan

I've only seen the first one. I took some kids from the rural town I worked/lived at in Ghana. They were amazed.
Old 07-07-2017, 04:42 AM
Master Fan

Awww that's so nice of you Ekua!!

Yeah the summer movie selection this year is meh.

I'm Aubrey
Old 07-07-2017, 07:54 AM
Elite Fan

I know, it seems there is nothing original these days! Lots of remakes or superhero/comic style movies.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread