Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2016, 05:31 AM
Master Fan

Oh no. It was a London setting? Why would they do it in NY?
Isn't Emily Blunt English anyway?!?! Why waste her accent?

I'm Aubrey
Old 10-07-2016, 06:32 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah the book was set in London....

Emily's characters in the book was supposed to be English so I guess that was okay....but I just didn't think it worked....they made it all shiny!
Old 10-08-2016, 05:54 AM
Elite Fan

Did you mean Emily's charachter was supposed to be American Ekua?

I can't imagine why they would change that. Britain is the place where trains actually drive right past ppls houses ( I remember from when I was there) in America trains tend to almost always go through seedy neighborhoods or industrial settings. It would be very rare to go past middle class housing. That is disappointing. I can't imagine that story in America or it being shiny. It should have been very everyday type people and filming, lighting and sets.
Old 10-08-2016, 11:52 AM
Elite Fan

No Emily's character was English in the book and in the movie All the houses were huge and even the flat she lived in looked like it was worth a half million or so!!
And yeah, the train going super close to the houses is not something I've seen in America.

It's not awful; I enjoyed it and the acting was good...I guess I just expected too much!
Old 10-10-2016, 07:55 AM
Master Fan

So it is still worth a watch. Just not in theatres for me then.

I'm Aubrey
Old 10-10-2016, 10:56 AM
Elite Fan

Oh yeah! It wasn't terrible by any means! The book was pretty gritty, and the film didn't really show that. And I couldn't stop thinking how awesome Jason would have been as the husband!!
Old 10-11-2016, 07:17 AM
Master Fan

Another missed opportunity!

I thought that movie was set in the US too! Makes more sense being British. Our trains do go through the worst parts of every town, it's very depressing.

I finally watched another movie - "Woman in Gold" with Helen Mirren and Ryan Reynolds (funny, they don't look Jewish...) about a woman trying to get back family paintings stolen by the Nazis (and now 'national treasures' of Austria). Wonderful performances, and a story worth telling/reminding people about. Although it did feel like it ran a little long. You think it's over and then no, they try again (and again) and it runs on another hour or so!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 10-11-2016, 10:31 AM
Elite Fan

The Train in the movie went through a very lovely area indeed!! Gorgeous big houses etc. Although the train intself looked like it was about to fall apart!

Oh that sounds interesting MyrnaLynne I like Helen Mirren and Ryan Renolds is nice to look at! I have to ask though, how does one look Jewish?!
Old 10-12-2016, 04:57 AM
Master Fan

Yeah I'm gonna wait for it on netflix i think.

Meh i don't really like ryan reynolds. and no he doesnt look jewish to me either (like woody allen or adam sandler), he looks canadian to me. which is like the canadians i know here, who's generations came here a long time ago so they're like a mix of different nationalities.

I'm Aubrey
Old 10-12-2016, 10:38 AM
Elite Fan

I think he's hot!

But....I don't know if I could tell if someone looked Jewish or not?!
Old 10-18-2016, 05:06 AM
Master Fan

Yeah i guess anyone could be Jewish! I just saw that Scarlett Johanson is jewish! no idea!

I'm Aubrey
Old 10-18-2016, 10:44 PM
Elite Fan

Oh really?! No idea either!

There are no movies I'm excited about right now
Old 10-19-2016, 04:55 AM
Master Fan

I know!! Me too!!! I usually am excited for a movie but nothing this year. Like nothing at all.

I'm Aubrey
Old 10-19-2016, 12:56 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah it's been a very crappy movie year!! So much rubbish and so much of the same stuff over and over!!

Beauty and the Beast next year though!!!
Old 10-23-2016, 01:36 PM
Elite Fan

I like Ryan

I'm excited to see the next Star Wars movie

I'm still bugged they had that movie take place in America. The whole visual I had in my head while reading it was so British. Wow they had the train going past big beautiful houses is a bummer. I don't even think in England trains do that. Oh well...yea I'll Netflix it.