Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2017, 04:55 PM
Elite Fan

Ah no I really want to see Manchester by the Sea!! Aubie you really liked it right?

Hidden Figures is great. Watch it!

Yeah Aubue I think it should have been Viola and Michelle too. I liked La La Land but it was nothing amazing.
Old 03-03-2017, 08:09 AM
Master Fan

yeah right?! I see why hollywood loved la la land, because it was pretty much a story about them! I did enjoy the movie though! Very catchy songs. Love City of Stars.

I did like manchester. I thought it was really sad.
Casey's character had a really sad story.
You realize why he is the way he is in the middle of the movie.

I'm Aubrey
Old 03-03-2017, 03:36 PM
Elite Fan

Haha yeah!! It was....but still not really Oscar worthy I don't think...not for acting anyways.

I hope to see Manchester soon. And Moonlight! And Fences! So much to see and so little time!
Old 03-04-2017, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I want to see Moonlight...no desire to see Manchester for some reason, though

Old 03-05-2017, 02:51 PM
Elite Fan

I just really like Michelle Williams....I think she makes good movies. Has anyone seen Moonlight?
Old 03-05-2017, 07:33 PM
Elite Fan

I want to see Manchester for Michelle too.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:57 PM
Elite Fan

I went to see Moonlight today!! I enjoyed it but felt it dragged on a wee bit. It was a very emotional story! No real drama....just the story of a gay black boy growing up in a deprived area with a drug addict mother.

Powerful. I recommend it
Old 03-06-2017, 03:10 PM
Elite Fan

This is a great thread to decide what movies to see
Old 03-07-2017, 07:35 AM
Master Fan

Oh so glad you saw Moonlight Ekua!

Yes I saw how it did dragged too, but yeah I didn't know what it was about at all that's probably why I liked it.

Manchester is similar to that...it drags, but the story is sad. I see why people will be bored because most of these movies were about how it was more shot than anything. But yeah I would say that the movies that were all nominated this year didn't have like...YES that was an AMAZING movie. They were good. But there have been WAY better movies in the past.

I'm Aubrey
Old 03-11-2017, 12:24 PM
Elite Fan

I agree! I thought Hidden Figures was amazing though. Definitely worthy of an award! I want to see Fences though! I love Viola Davis. And Denzel Washington.

I am super excited for Beauty and Beast!!
Old 03-11-2017, 05:13 PM
Master Fan

Me, too! I am looking forward to 'Beauty and the Beast'! And Mr ML will be away, so I hope I can organize a 'girl's night out' to go see it (or day out).

I saw an interesting movie, 'The Eagle Huntress'. It's a documentary about a Mongolian girl who wants to learn to hunt with a golden eagle, like her father, and grandfather etc before her did. A very 'girl power' movie, because of course the older men thought it was a bad idea, but she really excels at it. Sia did the theme song at the end, which I found surprising. Just so interesting, her school, her family, their life out in the middle of nowhere and their traditions etc. It has subtitles and their language was interesting to listen to, too. Just a nice movie.

We also watched 'The Finest Hours', which also has Casey Affleck in it (he's the engineer on an oil tanker), about the Coast Guard in the 1950s. Chris Pine is the star, Coast Guad guy; not a big fan of him, although he's a good actor. I love the Coast Guard though, but this movie was also slow, and cold (it was winter) and WET. But overall a pretty nice movie, about a historic/famous rescue the Coast Guards did in Massachusetts. The Boston accents were very good.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 03-13-2017, 09:41 AM
Master Fan

Ohhh interesting movies ML. That Eagle Hunter sounds like a perfect movie to watch especially on International Women's Day!

Beauty and the Beast are getting awful reviews. I don't know why. But I'm still excited to see it!

I'm Aubrey
Old 03-13-2017, 03:42 PM
Elite Fan

Oh The Eagle Hunter does sound good Definitely something I'd like to see!

Going to see Beauty and the Beast on Friday!
Old 03-13-2017, 08:40 PM
Elite Fan

The Eagle Huntress has been around for a while I think ML I seem to remember that story and wanting to see it and I haven't. Thanks for reminding of it

My father was in the Coast Guard during WW2 God rest his soul.
Old 03-14-2017, 05:07 AM
Master Fan

I wonder if that movie is on our netflix...

Awww my hubby's grandpa was in the marines for WW2.

I'm Aubrey
Closed Thread   Post New Thread