Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2009, 07:31 PM
Passionate Fan

KBs: Well Stone the Crows It's A New Thread

Ok Danie, I'll volunteer

Chat away folks
Old 01-28-2009, 06:36 AM
Master Fan

New shiny thread! Now where are my stones and where are those crows....
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
MyrnaLynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 03:29 AM
Obsessed Fan

How are you holding up in the heat Danie?

Can't believe they still had the tennis on, that is so not right.

Misha's Minion
My LJ Kender's Twitter
The Kender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:30 AM
Elite Fan

I did warn you guys you'd get the heat 1 week after WA had it.
Camibra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 07:50 AM
Master Fan

I will trade you a big bag of our ice and snow for some of your too-much heat!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 01-30-2009, 04:29 PM
Passionate Fan

Danie might kill me for saying this but I'm glad the heat went to Melbourne not Sydney this time. Of course it's all in the way you look at things. Danie might be grateful for the heat because she'll have more appreciation for that air conditioner in her new place......
Old 01-31-2009, 03:15 AM
Obsessed Fan

I don't want it to come here either, i'm bad enough when its in the 30s...so don't want 40 +

Mowed the front lawn late thursday and have been buggered ever since. Didn;t start doing it till about 6.30pm so its not like i did it in the midday sun or anything and i also have a sore arm. Guess i'm just starting to fall apart.

Also had a nice surprise last night. My climbing cactus had 15 flowers come out on it all at once. Was very awesome seeing so many at once. I went to let the dog out and turned the back light on and there were flowers everywhere in the tree. Went out and took some pictures of them in the dark, which was funny, couldn't tell if i had them lined up right until the flash went off Took a few more early this morning too which was good cause later when it started to heat up they all wilted. Which is normal for these, thats why they come out overnight. But i wish they would last longer..take about a week or more for them to come out and they only last about 12 hours in bloom

Misha's Minion
My LJ Kender's Twitter
Old 02-01-2009, 03:59 AM
Extreme Fan

Hi all...

Did a temperature test in my plaster cast on Thursday when it was 44 outside, my arm was 35... no wonder I haven't coped this week. That, and I only just figured out how to put my bra on and still need help putting on t-shirts. If only I'd known that the week I'd have my hand op that we'd have a once in 100 year heat wave...

Yes, Mezzi, this week I haven't slept and cursed the skies that we don't move into the new place until Feb 20th. Just not fair. We just knew that Melbourne would throw us a curve ball for our last summer in this stinking hot box!

Ohhh, ML, I'll have a bag of ice! I went to bed with one on Wednesday night and it spung a leak... thank god my plaster stayed dry!!!!

Anyway, cast off in a week and I'll get my left hand back, been using it far too much today and I'm now paying the price!!!!

Ohh Kender, photoies??? Eljay???
Old 02-02-2009, 05:46 AM
Elite Fan

Mezzi and Danie, I can not access your Myspace pages or any of my contacts including family members... Could you add me again? I have no idea why this happened to all of my contacts, I can not visit ANYone's pages.
Camibra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:03 PM
Extreme Fan

Wow, I had no idea as I don't use it anymore...
Old 02-03-2009, 04:05 PM
Extreme Fan

Just went there and you're still my friend...????????
Old 02-04-2009, 07:50 AM
Master Fan

Danie speedy recovery for your hand. Must be totally awful to be stuck inside a plaster cast during a heat wave! Yikes waking up in a pool of melted ice!

Kender your night-blooming cactus vines sound very beautiful. Too bad the flowers don't stay longer. My orchid plant (in the house) only blooms once a year, if I'm really lucky (with me, it's more like once every 5 or 10 years) but then at least the flower stays around for about a month! I'm keeping an eye on it - looks like it might have a go at flowering again this year (does it around April). I'm am such a bad plant-mother. They are stuck in ancient hard dirt and only get watered if I remember (or if they start wilting). One by one, they are dying off.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 02-05-2009, 03:50 AM
Obsessed Fan

ML i haven'y been a very good plant mum either. Most of them need to be repotted and i ended up moving most of my orchids to somewhere where i'd remember to weed them, except for the ones that are too heavy for me to move and have to wait for my sis to help me...same with the cactus, they may not look like it but they are heavy too. And i took some pictures of the flowers i'll have to see if i can post them.

Danie you arm is going to be half the size of the other one when you get the plaster off, poor thing has been in a extra sweat box.

And can you post the piccies in LJ

Misha's Minion
My LJ Kender's Twitter
Old 02-06-2009, 04:03 AM
Obsessed Fan

We're going to get the heat now

Misha's Minion
My LJ Kender's Twitter
Old 02-06-2009, 04:19 AM
Extreme Fan