Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2017, 10:40 AM
Master Fan

Interesting keepsmiling you went from only child to HUGE family gatherings. Glad it went well and you enjoyed seeing everyone. It was a shock to my system to come from a family with 2 kids to Mr ML's family, where he's one of TEN kids! It took getting used to, all the noise and chaos and boisterousness.

Mr ML should be home tomorrow (G-d willing), although of course the weather just turned really lousy. Going to rain, might also snow, but I think the snow will be far north of us (I hope). Was hoping it would have warmed up and been nice, for Mr ML's return from FL so the cold weather wouldn't be too much of a bad shock to him. He was at his sister's house yesterday in N Carolina; on to Delaware today, and then home tomorrow.

I went out and lugged home groceries last night - new little urban market opened near us, and they were giving away a free rolling grocery bag/cart if you spent $40, so I went and got one last night and rolled home the groceries. Got some of the things Mr ML likes/eats, to welcome him home. Another beef stew is crocking in the crock pot. ;p
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 04-01-2017, 10:22 AM
Elite Fan

Cool about the store and cart...way easier to cart stuff home. Good marketing on their part.

Have a nice reunion....dinner sounds homey and yummy, I have really been getting into crock pot recipes...easy and good
Old 04-02-2017, 05:16 PM
Total Fan

ML.......hope MrML made it home safe and sound.
Old 04-02-2017, 05:37 PM
Elite Fan

me too

keepsmiling
Old 04-04-2017, 08:03 AM
Master Fan

NOT the weekend I expected. I watched "Passengers" Friday night (good movie) and when the movie got over, I realized the house was really chilly - 63. I turned the heat up - no heat! Went down and looked at the furnace, flicked the switch - nope. Broken furnace. (I had heard a weird noise while I was on the phone with Mr ML earlier that evening - thought guy downstairs was using power tools, but I think it was the furnace dying.) It was already 11 at night, so I just went to bed - didn't sleep a wink the whole night worrying about the furnace and Mr ML coming home to a cold house the next day and what to do. House down to 57. Got up and went online and found an emergency plumber to come look at it. Guy came out around noon, looked at it, said it needed a new part - and that all the parts stores closed at noon, so he couldn't get the part until MONDAY! No heat, Friday night until Monday

Went over to visit Barbara, as her heat was working (but she keeps it so low, her house was freezing anyway). Did I mention it was raining/sleeting/snowing? Really gross weather. I kept watching for Mr ML and he showed up early around 3 pm. Raced across the street to meet him, and he was coming up from the cellar saying "Who was fooling with the furnace" (fixing guy left it open) and why is there no heat?" SIGH.

We managed to survive by running the gas stove and he put a fan up on top of the cabinets, to blow the heat down from the ceiling. Plus the guy downstairs had heat, so the house wasn't going to freeze completely. We were blessed too that Sunday was a beautiful warm sunny day (got up to 60). It could have been a lot worse but we were pretty miserable, plus he just got home from Florida, where it was 80.

I had to stay home Monday to wait for the plumber, because Mr ML had a dentist appointment just when the guy was coming. Anyway, guy showed up, popped in the part and we had heat again but what an ordeal. Being cold makes you tired and stupid and I was so stressed out the entire weekend Monday was a beautiful day too (ahh) and once we had heat again, I enjoyed being home with the hubby (and hated to go back to work today) - I so need to retire (soon).

And tomorrow is my birthday, and then we have to clear off the table for poker night Friday and then Monday night is Passover! So whole lot of stuff going on.. and a really chilly crappy stressful weekend without heat.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan

Last edited by MyrnaLynne; 04-04-2017 at 08:09 AM
Old 04-05-2017, 06:05 AM
Total Fan

Happy Birthday ML!
Sorry your weekend was so bad, no heat and the thought of a broken furnace.
We're glad MrML made it home safe.
Thinking of you ML as our Bible Study will be having the Passover Seder Dinner Tuesday evening.
Again, happy, happy birthday!
Old 04-05-2017, 07:14 AM
Master Fan

Thanks keepsmiling!

I got tickets to see 'Beauty and the Beast' movie tonight as a birthday activity. Don't think I've ever done a 'movie birthday' before. Table is all set with birthday tablecloth, fancy plates and bowls, Happy Birthday banner - got a cake that is half white cake with white frosting and half chocolate cake with chocolate frosting - it looks nice, I hope it tastes good!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 04-06-2017, 12:47 AM
Addicted Fan

Happy Wonderful Birthday MyrnaLynne!!!
I'm so sorry I'm late with my Birthday wishes, but I Hope you had a Wonderful Birthday, and I Hope you have a Beautiful Year!!!

Oh, you went to see 'Beauty and the Beast' movie! I hope you like it!!! I've been wanting to see that too!

I am sooo glad that Mr ML is Home safe and sound now too!!!

Hi Keepsmiling & Poddy! I was kind of reading fast, but I think I saw that you both were asking about my little Brayden? Well, thank the Good Lord, Brayden is doing Wonderful!!! It's like nothing ever happened to him, and he is definitely back to himself...he's full of energy, and he no longer takes naps! And as of late, he's been going to bed late, or falls asleep late, and has been waking up early!

The Dr's at Children's Hospital never did figure out what happened with Brayden but they are All Calling it a Miracle, because they had Never seen a child diagnosed with Leukemia one day, and the next day their white blood cell count starts going down and kept going down to normal in just a couple of days! They've Never seen Anything like it! And they never even started him on the Chemo either! They were just letting he and his family settle into the Cancer Ward on the 1st day there, and that's when Brayden's HIGH white blood cell count started going down! I get choked up every time I think about it! G-D is soooo GOOD!!!

I hope everyone is having a good week!
Biggest Hugs to All,
Wen
JB's Obsessed Fan#64
( I LOVE JASON BEHR!!!)
"God never gives you more than you can handle.
I just wish He didn't have so much Trust in me."
...Mother Theresa
Old 04-06-2017, 07:47 AM
Elite Fan

Wow ML what a few days leading up to your BDay life glad at least downstairs guy was working and you have the gas oven ( I've done that before) so no pipes broken. How was the movie? I hope you liked it you deserve a good evening out!!!!

Wen Thanks for updating us on Brayden's miracle. That is such a comfort since I am praying for some health miracle's ....not that God of course answers in that way often but what a blessing for you and all you know that He did this time!!!

Hi keepsmiling
Old 04-06-2017, 09:30 AM
Master Fan

Thank you!

Beauty and the Beast was great - funny thing is, my son and DIL were seeing it down in Texas around the same time - he and Mr ML weren't too thrilled with it (it is a girly movie) but they certainly spared no expense on this production - CGI was great, it was very well done. Don't know why they added a few more (forgettable) songs. You get so used to Dan Stevens as the Beast that, at the end, when he's restored to handsome blond prince-dom, he's a bit disappointing! Emma Watson was so good in that role, too.

Then we went home for cake, ice cream and cards (lots and lots of card) and presents! And some phone calls. It was a very nice birthday. Red roses and chocolate bars from Mr ML (but no card, surprising).

Only MAJOR damper was, my Editor called up (on my birthday) to let me know the publisher wants to 'phase out' my job! First they were saying in a year or 2 and I said "That's great, I plan to retire in a year" and then he said "But now they are talking about JUNE" - two months from now! He was very unhappy/angry about it - it is very unfair. I always expected Mrs Boss to let me go, because I don't do that much work for her now, but not the editorial job. Wow. Threw me for a loop. But I'm so ready to retire - but it was going to be in another year. Boss is talking about cutting my hours in half - I guess working half-time would ease me into retirement (although if they take the Journal away, don't know what I'd do those 20 hours). IDK. I couldn't WAIT to retire, and now, well, be careful what you wish for!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 04-06-2017, 09:59 AM
Total Fan

ML........that was an unhappy birthday surprise you got from your boss. I know how you feel, you would rather retire on your own time schedule.

WEN.......I'll add my thanks to PODMOMs for the update on Brayden. I imagine you are all still a little curious as to the cause......and will this happen again?

PODMOM........hello, hope all is well with your family.
Old 04-06-2017, 10:06 AM
Master Fan

Yes, Brayden's illness/recovery was pretty miraculous and makes you wonder if those doctors knew what they were talking about in the first place. Pray this is the last scary thing he and the family will have to go through (until he learns to drive! lol)

Well both Editor and Mrs Boss are seeing what they can do to keep me - not sure. It will be hard to walk away from this journal I started with Mr Boss ~20 years ago, but it's probably time (but not QUITE time yet! lol) sigh..
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Closed Thread   Post New Thread