Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2016, 02:26 PM
Master Fan

You aren't leaping any further than I am - I was all ready to retire, sell the house, and move far away, but now we have to wait and see how things play out with the new BF and if there will be a wedding (and grandkids) - oh, his sister just got engaged to her boyfriend (whose birthday is also this weekend). A lot of family wedding bells happening.

I conferred with Mlette, who always wants an ice cream cake, but they are almost always icky so we're going with regular cake and I just ordered one with lemon and raspberry filling, which sounds divine (but might be lemon goo and raspberry goo and be icky - you never know) and I'm leaving work early Friday to pick up that cake (and lug it home on the subway) - unless I can get somebody to drive out and pick me and the cake up... hmm

We're going out to eat (early) dinner (BF and sister-in-law across the street included) and then back for birthday party and cake. Then going to the zoo Sunday (because Saturday she's going with BF to his sister's (new) fiancee birthday party) - suddenly a lot going on!

I got shoes to go with my (ugly) dress for cousin's son's wedding so I guess I'm ready. Mlette is still searching for something to wear... Suddenly a crazy busy August!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
MyrnaLynne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 10:25 PM
Master Fan

Busy but seems like a very happy kind of busy That cake does sound good...I hope it isn't gooey and I sure hope you get a ride...lugging the cake on the subway sounds pretty awful.

We are kind of stuck here too since we are between Liz and Emily logistically. I would like to move closer to Liz in allot of ways so I wouldn't have to drive so far and could just pop in and out ( she could drop the kids off at my house sometimes) and not stay over night. On the other hand Liz is three hours from Emily and I am 2....and I'm right on the way to Lizs since I'm just 15 minutes from 95. It would be a big jolt to move though.

When is the cousins wedding again? Shoes are really a drag for us women when we need to really dress up I still have ones to mail back out of the many I got shipped here
Old 08-19-2016, 07:51 AM
Master Fan

Dress up shoes are definitely a drag - luckily it's a summer/morning wedding so I got some suede slip on/sling back flats with a cute little bow at the back of the 'sling', and also ordered them super wide (they had measurements of the shoes, I measured my feet and ordered accordingly) so they will be comfy. The dress is a little big too The wedding is a week from this Sunday/next week!

Oh more big news, the BF's sister just got engaged (they are going to the new fiance's birthday party on Saturday) - lots of matrimony in the air, suddenly.

I really don't want to spend the rest of my days in this current house, but I doubt this BF would move far from his family/home town he grew up in/is familiar with.

Only working 1/2 day today, to get the cake, lug it home - table is all decorated, presents are wrapped, Happy Birthday signs are up
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 08-19-2016, 08:43 AM
Master Fan

to our sweet Mlette!!!!

Have a great weekend celebrating ML I hope the cake stays put those shoes sound cute.

You don't have to stay in that house ...you could get a new one...maybe a ranch for your hip/knee

Off to another girl lunch...this time with two of my caretakers ( the angel Trish and Jody) and a couple other women from church. Tasting freedom again after many years away from it.
Old 08-20-2016, 01:49 PM
Obsessed Fan

ML........things really have picked up at your house. MLette is on a whirlwind galaxy with all of the BF's family events. I am pleased that everything is working out well for them.

PODMOM..........keep enjoying that new found freedom. I'm still enjoying the wedding pictures that you put out on FB every now and then. My granddaughter is doing the same thing with her wedding pictures.

WEN.........hello, hope you are doing well. Check in with us when you can.
keepsmiling7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 07:50 PM
Master Fan

The cake and I made it home in one piece - that cake was heavy! It was 3 layers, with lemon filling between one layer, and raspberry filling between the other, and a lovely rainbow swirl of lemon and raspberry on top with flowers and sprinkles, and Happy Birthday of course, and white frosting and coconut all over the sides - quite a work of art. But SWEET my goodness, it was way too sweet. The new BF has a major sweet tooth (he really is a lot like my son) and he loved it. I sent him home with a big chunk of it in a container.

Dinner out was very nice and the party afterwards with the cake and cards and gifts - although I gave her some no so great gifts, but hey, they can't all be winners.

Thanks for the beautiful Happy Birthday for Miss Lila!

I really like this new fellow - he's very nice and well spoken and polite and helpful; he seems totally thrilled to have Mlette for his girlfriend. And he fits in with us so well - he collects coins, he likes Magic:The Gathering and comic books and Star Trek etc - I think his family thinks he is kind of odd, but we think he is one of our people! He has nice blue eyes I noticed at dinner too (sat next to him in the restaurant). They are very similar/good together. Glad I didn't make her take up with that midget Muslim fellow Although he is a doctor, that one.. and super nice (and also crazy about kids - whenever a baby comes in the office, he wants to hold it)

Since I only worked 1/2 day Friday, I went into work for 4 hours today - barely made a dent in the work.

Tomorrow, birthday party 2: the Zoo. Mr ML really doesn't want to get up and drive us there and drag around the zoo (when he should be sleeping). Oh well... she is the little Princess and must be celebrated.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 08-21-2016, 12:28 PM
Supreme Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

Yay so happy things are going great with the new guy!! Very exciting. He sounds lovely and he should be thrilled he is dating your daughter! I thought the guy from your office was Indian...?

How was the zoo? I haven't been to one in years!!

Moved back into my flat this weekend and had my induction at the University... It's going to be such a crazy intense year!! So much to do....I was looking at primary level maths and science stuff and had no clue!! I need to study it all....But hopefully it'll all be worth it in the end And considering my flat is 9 years old it's in pretty good shape....a little painting and it should look good. My sister is going to work on the kitchen tomorrow so who knows what i'll come home too, haha!!!

So I was trying to park my car in the flat car park and tried to squeeze into too small a space and ended up hitting another car....luckily there was no dent or anything like that...hardly a scratch but I didn't know what to do. I panicked so called my friend and she told me to take a picture to send to her....so there I was walking around the car park taking pictures trying to not get noticed.... She said I should just leave it as you couldn't tell it had been hit but still, I was freaking out!! And I feel so bad I didn't leave my name but....no damage so all okay I think....And then later that day my one and only cavity fell out my tooth so I can hardly eat and it hurts so much but I can't go to the dentist till the end of the week....!

But...trying to smile!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend
Ekua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 10:17 PM
Master Fan

ML This guy sounds perfect. yes Mlette knew not to go for the short Dr but he does sound nice too. Our Ekuais petite

Ekua Oh what a day I don't know why stuff happens in bunches like that but it sure seems too. Good for your sister to help with the kitchen. Very sweet. Goodness it is all really starting now We know you are going to do wonderfully . After these first few weeks you will be much less nervous and it all will seem old hat. Bless you dear heart as you get through the next few days hug:

Had a busy church weekend. Our pastor retired and there was a big retirement dinner Saturday night then his last sermon today. It all went well and was very touching. We went to help Liz both days too since Walter was at a bachelor party weekend. This is the wedding Liz can't go to because of the zika concern.

Thank you keepsmiling for continuing to check out the wedding pix on FB. I'm glad you are enjoying them
Old 08-22-2016, 10:41 AM
Master Fan

Oh Ekua what a day you had! Moving, and losing a filling and hitting another car! Sounds like no damage, so nothing to report. Phew! Oh gosh, back to university! I can't imagine plunging back into the academic world again but then it was a looong time ago for me and my brain is old and full of cobwebs! And always terrible at maths! You will do fine because you are young and smart and determined and will be excellent! A new adventure! And all those cute Uni guys too

No, officemate is from Lebanon (although there are a bunch of Indian guys next door). He made is safely back from his vacation in Peru. There was an earthquake while he was there and his family heard about it and they were freaking out (I heard about it, and I freaked out, when they said "one tourist killed" especially). But he was fine. Back to work today (and he's yawning a lot). Tough to go back to work after vacation.

PodMom sounds like a lovely time for the retiring Pastor. I hope you get a new young one who is very good (and holy).

Mlette and BF spent Saturday with BF's sister, who just got engaged, up in NH. She is an artist (also does puppetry and other cool stuff). And she has a cat - and the cat's name is the same as Mlette's! What are the odds?!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 08-22-2016, 12:59 PM
Supreme Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

Thank you so much Podmom and MyrnaLynne for your kind words and encouragement!! Everyone on the course seems really nice, and most people are around my age which is a relief as I was worried I would be old!! There's actually a couple of women and men in their 40's. For post graduate teaching I think they like you to have some life experience, so it's very unusual to get a place as soon as you've finished your first degree. So that's nice!

Dentist Friday I hate going...such a wuss when it comes to my teeth! It was only done a few months ago so I hope they don't expect me to pay again.

MyrnaLynne how crazy the cats have the same name!!! It's meant to be.

Glad office mate is okay!! That must have been scary!

Podmom glad the dinner went well. Very nice of you all to do that
Ekua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 10:13 PM
Master Fan

Our young associate pastor is taking over. He is great and I like his sermons so hopefully the transition continues to go well. He gets inducted or actually some formal word next Sunday and Mark ( our old pastor) will induct him ( wrong word but you get the drift)

I did nothing but show up Ekua but many hands made it happen. So sounds like Uni is going ok so far. That is good and really good they are peers. Better for finding a BF that watytoo

ML Glad office mate survived. What is MLettes cat named? SO fun hearing about all the BF comings and goings
Old 08-23-2016, 02:09 PM
Master Fan

No no, his sister's cat is named the same as Mlette's name (she doesn't have a cat). I told her she should get a cat, and name it after his sister.

I just went to the dentist today for a cleaning - no cavities! Phew! And the dentist buffed a stain off my front tooth - I had that tooth fixed before my son's wedding but I didn't realize the fixing stuff would get a brown stain that looked like a big cavity in my front tooth! (I blame all those cups of tea with Barbara ) So now I'll be presentable at the family wedding this weekend.

Ekua I'm glad the people in your course seem nice and are around the same age (or older). Life experience is a very good thing!

Oh they were putting two smaller desks in the office two doors down today (and taking out the one big desk), so my little officemate will be moving in with tall African-American lady doctor, who used to share my office (and got on my last nerve - hope she doesn't get on his last nerve as well - she has a BIG personality). Office space is at such a premium around here... I ought to retire and free up some space.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 08-23-2016, 09:47 PM
Master Fan

Yea you should

Look mom no cavaties!!

it's midnight I need to get to bed

night
Old 08-24-2016, 08:44 AM
Master Fan

Hope you had sweet dreams Poddy! Our weather has been nice and cool for sleeping. I don't know why I want to move South, to get away from winter, becaue I hate heat/humidity (a lot). But it can't be warm enough for Mr ML.

Really dragging myself through the days lately, dragging myself to work, dragging home..
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 08-24-2016, 10:16 PM
Master Fan

thank you ML

Ugg I know you are weary of the daily grind I hope you can retire pretty soon. Maybe when it really cools off you will get more energy.

Here is a pick me up