Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2017, 09:50 PM
Elite Fan

keepsmiling I so need to see that show you are watching!!!!

Too bad KHs show got cancelled...thanks for the update ML gosh if Jason even had a show that got on for a few eppies we'd go nut
Old 03-01-2017, 10:27 AM
Master Fan

Sorry I didn't mean to sound so nasty about KH, I'm sorry about her show, as lots of other people had roles on it too (Dule' Hill, Laverne Cox - who beat out KaDee for that role?) and she has ?3 kids now, mouths to feed.

I wish Jason would have a new show! And a nice one that we'd love, too. I loved Alex O'Loughlin so much on 'Moonlight' as a vampire, but on Hawaii-5-0 as boring police guy, not so much. Fickle!

We're supposed to watch "Manchester by the Sea" tonight (Mrs Boss's secretary Wendy actually comes from Manchester by the Sea, it's a real town). Supposed to be super-sad though Mlette is coming over and I invited Barbara to watch it with us, as I know she wanted to see it but didn't want to go to a sad movie by herself (too sad). David has been gone 2-1/2 years but she still gets sad. Understandable! sigh.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 03-01-2017, 11:30 AM
Elite Fan

No MyrnaLynne KH replaced KaDee. She was the original in the show. KaDee filmed the pilot and then she was replaced....Hmm I doubt () it would have been cancelled if KaDee was in it!

Very happy to hear little Brayden is doing well! I guess it goes to show Doctors are only human and make mistakes. Must have been so scary though!

Podmom so happy your trip went well and you had a good time Yay you for getting on a plane!

Really want to see Manchester by the Sea!

And, didn't watch Victoria when it aired here It got really good reviews though.
Old 03-01-2017, 05:46 PM
Elite Fan

Ekua It is always nice to see you here Thanks ,I did have a good time. I don't mind flying it was actually being far away from my daughter and grandkids that made me nervous and just knowing flying can be a hassle but it went smoothly....other than the bumpy ride on the way home. My friend Katie actually felt sick from it. I have been on bumpier rides. I used to fly with my brother in law all the time for around 30 years or more before he finally decided he was too old and sold his plane. That was a hard thing for him but you have to be really sharp to fly. Do you hear that Harrison Ford Anyway those little planes really bump when they hit turbulence. Poor Emily she used to get air sick in his plane so I learned to take a tupper ware for her she was a trooper though.

Still feeling relief about little Brayden!

I'll be interested with your review of MBTS ML I am a little afraid to watch it but I'm interested.

keepsmiling
Old 03-05-2017, 04:23 PM
Total Fan

WEN........hoping to get an update on the happenings in your life.
Old 03-05-2017, 06:52 PM
Elite Fan

me too about Wen and hello to you keepsmiling
Old 03-07-2017, 02:22 PM
Master Fan

My late brother-in-law had a small plane - went up in it exactly once, with the kids! Way too noisy, bumpy, small, and scary for us!

Mlette and I didn't like 'Manchester by the Sea' but will be interested to hear what other people thought of it. Sort of reminded me of Shipping News, only with not as good director or famous cast - guy having a bad life, only his life doesn't even improve all that much in this one. Strange movie.. Cold, snowy, morose.

Well get this - we had a really cold weekend, and Mr ML decided he's going to drive himself down to Florida and stay a few weeks with my Dad! I'm thrilled, the visiting my Dad part, he just turned 94 on Monday and I worry about him a lot. But now I have to worry about Mr ML doing this long long driving trip by himself. He already agreed to bring the GPS; now I have to get him to take my cellphone along too (he is sooo stubborn). He's going to stop in N Carolina and visit his oldest sister Bossy Betty (and her daughter, Krazy Kris and family - lol), and then visit his youngest sister Terry in eastern Florida, before cutting across to see Dad in Ft Myers. So with part of a week to get there, 2 weeks, there, part of a week to get home - he'll be gone almost a MONTH!

I told him I want him back by my birthday in April. So here I'll be, working, feeding myself, no car, putting out the trash, and shovelling any snow that may fall, while he lies in the sun and soaks in the 80+ degree pool for a few weeks. Oh well, if he thinks being retired and home is boring (it's been 2 months he's been retired, people), wait until he spends his days with a 94-year-old guy who naps a lot. Maybe he'll be home sooner!

And Barbara will be out of luck with rides to her art class and doctor appointments. I suppose if I really need to get somewhere, I can borrow her car, or Mlette can come and we can go do something. Men.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 03-08-2017, 05:24 AM
Elite Fan

Yikes Mr ML is intrepid indeed. You guys have one car I take it. Glad you have sis in laws car in case of an issue. I can't imagine making that drive period unless I was going to stop several times and make a vacation out of it but I just always would rather fly than drive. Will it give you a break from cooking at least or is Mr ML cooking again these days?

Well I hope he stays safe and he can really see how your dad is managing by staying an extended time. Perhaps this is meant to happen for the good.

I hope we don't get any more snow of significance!!!

I'm off to bible study then Lizs today through Friday I think...

all
Old 03-08-2017, 06:18 AM
Total Fan

ML.........safe travel for MrML as he heads south.

PODMOM........have a nice weekend at Liz's.
Old 03-08-2017, 01:05 PM
Master Fan

Yes,we have one car (and one cellphone). Mlette and I were down there in December and Dad seemed to be doing pretty well. Remarkably well, for his age etc. Keepsmiling Thanks for the good wishes.

Yes Mr ML cooks dinner now, but I don't think I'll starve. In fact, I made a beef stew in the crockpot and we had it for supper - and then I froze the rest to eat myself, after he's gone. So there! He plans to stop three times before he gets to Dad's so he definitely isn't trying to drive straight through or anything like that! Men of a certain age need to stop and go potty a lot I pray he'll be okay. Also hope he comes home again!

Ekua I didn't realize they replaced KaDee with Laverne Cox in that defunct Katherine Heigl law show! Serves them right to be cancelled. I guess a transgender actor is so much more politically correct right now - I think she was the best thing about the show, from what I've heard (which wasn't much - meow!) But KaDee would have been better! Oh well, saves her the disappointment of the show getting cancelled, I suppose.

We might have snow! It's like 60 today and going to be 20 this weekend; might snow Friday and again Tues when he plans to leave. But I hope not much and not going to stick around. The weather is so up and down! But spring is definitely on the way..
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 03-08-2017, 01:44 PM
Elite Fan

No MyrnaLynne Katherine H replaced KaDee! Laverne Cox was always in the show. KaDee was in the original pilot but I guess the network didn't like her
Old 03-09-2017, 01:55 PM
Master Fan

They replaced KaDee with Katherine Heigl?! Wow, I had the story all wrong. Yes, if they'd kept KaDee, the show would have been a big hit.

Have a good time at Liz's PodMom

Just sent off last paper for next issue - a month ahead of the deadline!

Of course, I also have 24 more papers to edit for the following issue, which is full already.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 03-10-2017, 11:04 AM
Elite Fan

for the finished work...ahead by a month!

You're job is like painting the Golden Gate Bridge

I'm leaving momentarily with podad to spend the weekend with Emily. Snowed all morning but didn't lay on the streets....hope driving is ok.

Old 03-11-2017, 12:21 AM
Addicted Fan

Hi Everyone!

I'm soooo sorry for being soooo MIA.

The good news is, little Brayden is back to himself, playing and running like the wind like nothing ever happened to him! He's back to his old routines and eating like a Champ, Thank the Good Lord!!!

My foot and leg are going in the right direction too, but they are just healing very S L O W L Y because I'm diabetic. My leg still has about 75% of the cellulitis but I'm Happy that it's still not at 100%! And the infected ulcer on my heel is scabbed and I'm not in so much anymore, so that's Great that's it's not weeping or killing me with pain anymore, so I am very grateful! I'm still having to stay lying down with my foot up, and I'm being good about that, and am staying put and not walking around too much because my leg swells twice the size even with just a little walking, and it takes a Very Long time to get the swelling to go down. It's not back to normal size yet, but it's getting there, maybe in a few more weeks it will be normal again... I HOPE!

I'm off the strong antibiotics for my foot, just have to keep bathing it in distilled water because regular water has too many germs in it. When the Dr told me that about regular water having too many germs in it, it makes you stop and think like, 'What the Heck is actually in our drinking water???!

But now I'm dealing with a nasty cold and a rip-roaring Sinus Infection! UGH! I'm miserable. Now I'm on more strong antibiotics for the sinus infection. This just has not been a good year for me. (sigh)

MyrnaLynne, I will keep Mr ML uplifted in Prayer for his safety!!! (HUGS!) And I keep you in my prayers all the time. (HUGS!)

Sending Big Hello's to Poddy, Keepsmiling, Mezzie, & Ekua!
Biggest Hugs to All,
Wen
JB's Obsessed Fan#64
( I LOVE JASON BEHR!!!)
"God never gives you more than you can handle.
I just wish He didn't have so much Trust in me."
...Mother Theresa
Old 03-11-2017, 05:53 PM
Total Fan

WEN........thanks so much for the update, and the wonderful news regarding Brayden.
That swelling with your foot is difficult to deal with, isn't it?
And bathing in distilled water.......I've never heard of that. You really like to make life a challenge don't you?
To say you have had a bad year is an understatement. Isn't it time for a change this year? I'm praying it will be.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread