Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2017, 03:59 PM
Total Fan

ML.......thanks for the report on WEN. Hate to hear the insurance money will be going to the fence and neighbor for hauling off the tree.
Old 02-03-2017, 02:11 PM
Master Fan

It's the smells I'm no good at - if a homeless person came in to care and stank to high heaven, I'd probably barf on the floor. Never thought far enough to what specialty I'd like to go into. People like radiologists don't have to touch anybody, they sit in the dark and read X-rays.

Wen went back to the doctor when she finished her antibiotics and doctor took one look and sent her to the ER for IV antibiotics and more tests and different medicines! She could use a healing hand and some prayers.

It's her birthday Monday too, how crappy for her to be dealing with this stuff on her birthday.

In brighter news, I finished the last article for my next issue and sent it off today (which is the deadline) and I heard from the guy with the (late) Editorial that it's almost done, and I don't know why, but I believe him - I hate Editorials because no matter how long ago they agre to do them (November?), they always come last minute/after the deadline.

Plus one of my two Editors has vanished - the guy in Switzerland. I hope he's away on one of those long European vacations and will come back soon, because he isn't answering emails and is weeks behind on his Editor stuff and his co-Editor is getting worried...

Yes, Jason is such a wonderful actor, I wonder why he vanished too (from our screens).
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 02-03-2017, 06:40 PM
Elite Fan

ML Thanks for letting us know about Wen I am so sorry to hear that she is not recovering well from this foot injury. Wounds are scary of course when one had diabetes We so miss our Wen

I'm glad you got done your work that was due You do such a good job. Boy will you be missed when you do finally retire!!

keepsmiling I continue to keep your son inlaw in my prayers and I hope you have totally recovered from your very very busy holiday season.
Old 02-04-2017, 07:50 AM
Total Fan

Thanks again ML for the update on WEN..........she has had more than her share of big problems. One problem alone is enough to bear, but she is over loading with many difficulties.

And PODMOM, thank you for your continued prayers for Jay. I'm just waiting to hear what their decision is regarding the studies and trails. Additional surgery is out and he is lucky that the tumor is "lazy".......slow growing. He is also blessed with perfect health ........except pancreatic cancer. That is why he qualified for the trails because he didn't have other issues to deal with.

We miss you WEN........but send our prayers and healing hands as ML suggested.
Old 02-04-2017, 07:50 PM
Elite Fan

keepsmiling thanks for that update...I'll know better how to pray. These trials can do wonders
Old 02-05-2017, 02:32 PM
Total Fan

PODMOM.......those prayers are appreciated more than you know.
Old 02-06-2017, 09:10 AM
Master Fan

Had a nice trip to a museum to see an exhibit about shoes Saturday - Mlette and I went to the musuem, Mr ML and John went to several comic book shops nearby. Everybody was happy! We ate dinner out afterwards and the food at this Tavern was very good - lucked out. I baked cookies before they came over and everyone was happy about that. Mlette had to go to a Superbowl party with the BF Sunday, poor kid.

I ended up watching the Superbowl last night too, which is very unsual for me (a sport hater), and New England was losing and playing terrible; went to get a snack and Mr ML turned it off, and I said "I want to see how it turns out" and we want back and watched the end - when they suddenly beat the pants off the other team and won. It was very surprising! Plus I enjoyed Lady Gaga and her halftime show. I don't think I've ever watched a Superbowl (or a football game) before in my life!

Prayers for Jay too! Maybe he will get into a trial with some new miracle cure. Look at Jimmy Carter - they said he was dying, had a short time to live, and still going strong. Same with the gal who played 'Rhoda'. You never know...
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 02-07-2017, 12:05 PM
Total Fan

Is anyone here watching Victoria, the PBS TV show?
That is now my new obsession.........just wondered how Jason and Shiri would have done in a roll like that?
Tom Hughes as the Prince Albert character is very sexy.........on my opinion.
Old 02-07-2017, 12:23 PM
Elite Fan

you are so welcome keepsmiling and ML is right. There are those that defy the odds. Podad's mom had advanced ovarian cancer they chemo and radiated the dickens out of her then told her she had months to live. She lived 25 more years.

I didn't know about that show keepsmiling sounds like my "cup of tea" podad and I have watched a few eppies of the one about Queen Elizabeth...the Crown. and are liking that but not watching enough TV together. I will put that on the list!

ML That sounds very family like...John and MrML going together to the comics store and you girls doing your thing.

Well if you were going to watch a Super Bowl that was the one for a New Englander

Tommy went to bed happy because he picked the Falcons and really watched the game and was into it and was jumping up and down in glee. He had to go to bed at half time and poor kid he was disappointed when he heard the news the next day.

Lady GaGa did well and I'm so glad she resisted the pressure politisize it!
Old 02-08-2017, 10:40 AM
Master Fan

Yes, Lady GaGa was just patriotic and who could argue with that? I can't believe people were calling her 'fat' either!

Oh poor Tommy rooting for the Falcons and being disappointed. LOL, yes, if I had to watch a football game, that one was pretty amazing.

Even more amazing (and mystifying) was the victory parade they had for the team in Boston yesterday - a MILLION people stood in the snow (that turned to rain) to watch football guys ride by in Duck Boats and gloat about their victory - total gridlock in the city, patients couldn't get to the hospital or home again. Mr ML had an eye doctor appointment and he left an hour early (for a 20-30 min subway trip) and was 20 minutes late because of the crowds and craziness. The parade ended up at Boston City Hall which is 3 or 4 blocks uphill from my office. Young doctors kept wandering into our office (since so many of their patients cancelled because of the snow/parade combination) to look out the window and see if they could see anything (you could see police lights flashing and hear the blaring music). Why they would shut down the city for the day during business hours is a mystery to me, and not do this on the weekend.

LOL, if the entire football team was standing across the street, I wouldn't go across to see them.

Haven't watched 'Victoria' yet, but heard it was wonderful and will definitely check it out! I am totally loving 'This is Us' on Tues nights.

Good story about PodDad's Mom beating ovarian cancer - people can and do beat the odds sometimes (and doctors don't always know everything!)

Yes, John the new BF fits right in with our family and we like him. He would make an excellent (if a little goofy) son-in-law. Time will tell! I think my son is a little jealous that the BF is having a good time with us (buying comic book, eating cookies) while he's far away not having such a good time in Texas.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 02-09-2017, 10:54 AM
Elite Fan

Well I think you have to be a big time football fan to understand standing in the snow for hours to get a few seconds of time seeing your team ML but there are a few of us that might do that to see Jason in a parade. Well maybe not actually do it but consider doing it

Poor MrMLjr missing all the family time. I feel very guilty to type this or even think it but it seems it might be ok for him to opt out of this relationship. There are no children snd his wife seems to be actually mentally ill (which he didn't know) and she has parents that can and would care for her. Shame on me that is a sinful thought but I can't imagine you have never thought that.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:12 PM
Master Fan

Oh my friends have been saying he should "get out now!' and divorce her pretty much since the wedding. But he's no quitter and slow to change, so I can't see him leaving her. It's so sad... Plus her dad said they don't believe in divorce, which to me was 'no take backs!'

Yes, I saw they are having the 'Paleyfest' in LA next month, and having panels about different shows, and one is on 'This is Us' (cast and creators sit on stage and talk about the show) - and my first thought was 'Let's go!' Buy a ticket, fly to LA for the weekend, go see that, visit my brother and his family, jet home! Of course now that Mr ML has just retired, shouldn't really be that extravagant - but tempting.

I wish they had those things when 'Roswell' was happening (or if they did back then, I didn't know about them). Been awhile since I've had those fannish urges to pick up and GO! (Boys from Supernatural are coming to Boston Comicon - sort of tempted to go see them in person, not a fan of the show, but I like Ian Somerhalder a lot and Paul Wesley I like too.)

Still sorry I opted to visit my son and DIL and not go to the Austin TV thing and see the Roswell folks - and JASON, who never said he was attending. Oh well, as Mark Wahlberg said about leaving the Patriot's game early because his son felt ill: "Family first."
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan

Last edited by MyrnaLynne; 02-10-2017 at 11:25 AM
Old 02-11-2017, 07:29 AM
Total Fan

ML..........I still hate that you and I both missed Jason when he was here in Austin for the ATX. KaDee was also here to promote "Shut Eye" and I didn't see any mention of her hubby and son accompanying her.
Old 02-11-2017, 02:34 PM
Master Fan

Austin is such a 'happening place'! Jason was there before, for SXSW Festival, with one of his movies, too. I was going to go, but they wouldn't guarantee a ticket to the film, you just got a pass to the whole festival or all the films?, and I wasn't flying to Texas without being sure I'd see the film (and Jason).

Photo from Livien premiere in Austin by Cherie

I was in Houston a couple of weeks before too - so close... I missed him in Boston once, when he was here filming that (stupid sounding) pilot about witches who were lawyers/in business? I trekked out into a town in the boonies because I heard he was filming there that day (blew off work too), took train, bus, walked miles - and then he was in downtown Boston filming in Copley Square that day instead, where I could have gotten to easily by subway. I think that was my last Behr-hunt (wild goose chase) - I felt like such a dope.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan

Last edited by MyrnaLynne; 02-11-2017 at 02:39 PM
Old 02-12-2017, 07:15 AM
Total Fan

ML.......yes I remember when Jason was here for Shooting Livien.......
I didn't make that event either. Oh well!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread