Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2016, 09:33 AM
Master Fan

JOFS: Summer/Fall 2016

Welcome all to the JOFs (Jason's older fans) thread and welcome to all JITs (Jason's fans in training, who aren't that old)

We're old and lost track of the thread numbers long ago... thought I'd start to date them

JOFs..... waiting and hoping for a brand new Jason movie/TV show... hey anything!!

We are Jasons older fans

6th Rock ~ Washington
AntarianFemale ~ Croatia
Alien Mom ~ California
Alien Dawn ~ Las Vegas
BehrBewitched - Maryland
Behrfanny ~ Louisiana
BehrApple ~ Washington
Behry Nice ~ New Jersey
BehrlyAntarian ~ Canada
Butterflybehr ~ Australia
Cheriedreams ~ California
CosmicDream ~ Oregon
EccentricOne ~ Wisconsin
Eyes-Only4-Behr ~ California
FondaRoswell ~ Indiana
Hoodie ~ Illinois
IrishEyes ~ Pennsylvania
Jason's Angel~ Connecticut
Jean Hayward ~ Mass
Jero ~ Illinois
June R ~ UK
keepsmiling7 ~ Texas
Kinsey ~ Texas
Lisa Dawn ~ Atlanta, Ga
LongTimeFan ~ Ohio
Lori ~ Texas
LTL ~ Maryland
Luvbehr ~ Arizona
Lynxbehr ~ Houston Texas
Mamasita ~ Ontario,(Canada)
MaxiBehr ~ Muscat,Oman
MonicaAnn ~ Oregon
Mrs. Bear ~ California
MyrnaLynne ~ Mass
Podmom ~ Pennsylvania
Podwatcher ~ Nebraska
Sarah (aka Maggie) ~ Quebec (Canada)
Scottie~ Maryland
Settled ~ California
Sirio ~ Roma Italy
Shilohaura ~ Indiana
SilverFox ~ California
Tanya 7496 ~ Oklahoma
TexasRed ~ Texas
TigerEyes ~ Wisconsin
Tumble ~ (BC)Canada
UKSpaceGirl ~ London
Vicki~ LasVegas
WenLuvsJB ~ California
Wildbehr ~ Florida
Wildsphinx ~ S.Carolina
visiting poet ~ Noseedough

** As our Roswell poet laureate Noseedough so eloquently described us...**

...JOFs...

Jason's Older Fans...

the Oogy Lady Clan..
emitting constant sighs..
by Jason..hypnotized...
seems they can't relax...
too hyped up over Max...
forget Oblivion...
there's 'Shooting Livien'...
and there's Even After...
Sherman Oak's for laughter...
and as we know so well...
there's always our Roswell

And don't forget the JITS! (JOFS in training) :

Mezzi-NSW, Australia
Danie-VIC, Australia
Ekua-Edinburgh, Scotland
Sarz-VIC, Australia
Kender-NSW, Australia
VeronicB-Israel
Mar -DC USA
RoswellGirl67 -Virginia USA
gabi London, England
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 08-13-2016, 09:58 PM
Master Fan

TFTNT ML!!!!! You are a gem!!

I caught up on the old thread and will try somehow to get on soon.

Emily surprised me and came to OC yesterday and since she came LIz the kids and Walter came.

I will update you all probably when they leave Monday or Tuesday.

xxoo
Old 08-14-2016, 09:18 AM
Master Fan

Hey Poddy glad you have your kids there! MLette is bringing the boyfriend over today - decided to bring him for lunch/before the general crowd at dinner, so he won't be overwhelmed meeting everyone at once? I don't know, maybe it was just because she wanted to get pizza for lunch from that trendy new place - but it was a smart idea.

Mr ML installed the big AC in the dining room and with all the other doors shut and the two ACs in the 'cool room' (office/den) and dining room going, it's so far, so good with the house. It's supposed to be 96 again today! It was positively chilly yesterday, why couldn't that cool weather held on one more day for having people over? Oh well..

At least it was cool Saturday to clean up the house and I baked a blueberry streussel coffeecake, in case people need something to nibble on.

Mr ML went to Comicon Friday and came back staggering under a giant armload of comic books, so he was pretty happy. Wililam Shatner was there, and Ben McKenzie from the OC, and John Barrowman... SIGH. If I wasn't having company, and if it wasn't hot as heck out there, I might have gone this weekend. Mr ML thought I'd be bored, watching him flip through boxes of comic books for hours, plus he went Friday afternoon while I was working.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 08-14-2016, 03:43 PM
Master Fan

That was a good idea MLette had. This way you got to actually get to know him a little. I hope it all is going well ML!!! Glad Mr ML added another air conditioner to the house. I'd be sleeping on the couch or floor anywhere but hot bedroom

It was actually too hot on the beach today and there was a west wind which blew off all the way warm ocean water and blew in the biting deer flies so today wasn't as nice on the beach so we bailed kinda fast plus Emily sat in hours of traffic ( over 6) to get here Friday so she was leaving at 2 to avoid traffic plus have dinner with new husband .His mothers mother died last week so he went with his parents to a little cabin place they have in VA because mom wanted to talk about this other cabin/building she wants them all themselves to build. THe little house they stay in a one bedroom and no air conditioning so EMily opted out of that and came here.

Now I am with the baby while she naps and Liz Walter and the kids went to my brothers pool and they are loving that. Warm water no flies.

Liz will leave tomorrow and I will go home Tuesday them she is coming again this weekend because Walter will be out of town. If I still had mom I could never be here this much. THis is really the first time I have been able to come and go at will since my sister shared mom with me close to 4 years ago. Even then it was only on my "time off" It is still new and is such a relief to be free to live my own life again. It has been over 10 years since that was a reality and even then I was dealing with coming to OC all the time to deal with helping her here. It has been a long haul and I can really see that 10 years in the wedding pictures. I have aged allot since Liz's wedding Some just natural but some stress and weight gain and loss and no real excersize etc. Oh well it is finally over....I look back and can't believe I survived it to be honest...it was a hard situation that was very demanding emotionally and physically.

baby just woke up
Old 08-14-2016, 06:40 PM
Master Fan

You really did a Herculean task, Podmom. I'm so glad you have your life back.

The party is over and I Think it was a big success. Well, all you need for a good party is to get Mr. ML 's family together. We had 11 people all together and they ate the blueberry cake and sipped cold drinks and then went to dinner at the restaurant - most people walked but a few of us drove there -- too hot! The AC was a real blessing too - ahhh. I don't know why we didn't put it in sooner.(except Mr ML likes the heat!!) The diningroom stayed a nice 77 degrees - ahhh.

The new boyfriend is very nice! Tall and pale, like my daughter, and very polite. Oh he is a Star Trek fan, too. Maybe a little goofy. We like him.He is crazy abut his baby niece, was showing lots of photos of her on his phone, so I think he loves kids.

Yes, very promising indeed. Typing this on the Kindle as my hubby is napping in cool room before work, where the computer is...
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 08-15-2016, 05:14 AM
Master Fan

I'm glad it went well!!!! He sounds great. Tall and likes kids . Very promising . Maybe some tall grandkids in the future 👏💖

I'm on iPhone being super quiet as baby asleep after not doing well last night I. Been awake sine 4 cause just tense with all the baby noise .... Poor Liz .... She has to get this kids sleeping 😜

One more day here cause Walter left on business trip. I need to get home to plead and bills
Old 08-15-2016, 12:19 PM
Master Fan

You have been doing a long stint of baby duty PodMom - nervewracking when they won't sleep (and so you don't sleep). I hope you get home to your other things you have to do soon.

Yes, tall grandkids, that's just what I was thinking! Of course, they start out small...

Mlette and I rehashed the party on the phone today and I think she was glad we liked the new BF. I'm just wondering if his laugh and being kind of goofy will get on her nerves after awhile, or she'll find it charming - kind of like the 'Fixer Upper' lady finds her husband acting like an idiot cute and endearing, because she loves the guy...
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 08-15-2016, 02:55 PM
Obsessed Fan

Well ML.........things are looking up for MLettie. Time will tell, but they appear to be getting off on a good start.

PODMOM........still lots of baby duty. But at least you are enjoying the beach more this year. Your daughter should really appreciate all of the help and support you give her and her family.

Hi WEN..........we miss you dropping in for a visit.

Good news for now, my son-in-law had a very good report Friday at MD Anderson. There are no active cancer cells right now, but they are still monitoring him closely. It has been 6 months , and pancreatic cancer usually reoccurs during the first year. Our prayers now are that he'll make it to the one year mark. They were very nervous but pleased with these results so far. Now everyone will be able to enjoy the Germany trip in October.
Old 08-15-2016, 02:55 PM
Obsessed Fan

oops......double post.
Old 08-17-2016, 06:37 AM
Master Fan

Oh keepsmiling That is terrific news about your SIL that is great you all can relax for that time and concentrate on the children/ grandchild / great grandchild!!!!

My brother had clear scans on his bones/body this go round as well so he will be doing the same...watching and waiting and praying.

She does appreciate my help

I got home yesterday evening and am now luxuriating in actually having toast and coffee and playing around here..... taking a morning to unwind and relax after all the baby/kid wrangling :O it's been a busy couple of weeks but yes lovely to see the kids having a blast on the beach and in my brothers pool. Did you see the pix keepsmiling of the baby sleeping on the beach on my FB pg? She was a good girl
Old 08-17-2016, 06:53 AM
Obsessed Fan

Yes PODMOM........I saw the precious picture of little Grace sleeping on the beach.
Wonders never cease. When the baby sleeps everyone can take a deep breath and rest for a few minutes. She really is a cutie!
Old 08-17-2016, 07:27 AM
Master Fan

Such happy news from PodMom and keepsmiling about brother/son-in-law getting good/all clear cancer reports. MD Anderson is excellent! Prayers that both of them continue to do well and nothing comes back again... such scary stuff

MLette's birthday is Friday and I don't have a cake and haven't even wrapped her gifts yet. At least I bought cards. Her dad took her out last night to buy her some sneakers she wanted - but they didn't have her size. So that didn't work out. Her party/going out to eat is Friday and then Sunday we're going to the zoo (new BF is coming to both thing).

My son's birthday is coming up in September too and I haven't even given him a thought yet well, there it is, I've just through about it! No idea what to send him either
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 08-17-2016, 08:37 AM
Master Fan

Money is easy and mails well

Wow new BF is getting together with the fam two weekends in a row. THings are moving along Well a little funny and goofy can liven up things and they say opposites attract and can be well suited and I'm guessing MLette is not goofy... I don't know she might be funny. My Emily though quiet has by far the best sense of humor in the family. Even as a very young child she could come up with timely and situationally spot on break the tension kind of one liners.

I love bakery cake as well as home made ( not as good but I still love it) but I know Mlette is particular about food and maybe Crisco type icing isn't her fav. I know you will end up baking something wonderful as you always do.

I hope the weather cools down for the zoo trip. It is still really hot here

Old SILs birthday is the 24th new SILs birthday is the 25th I think....I need to come up with some present ideas too
Old 08-17-2016, 10:54 AM
Master Fan

Three weekends in a row, because the following weekend is cousin's wedding! We will be well used to each other. So opposite of DIL, who we've only laid eyes on a few times, never got to know before (or after) son got married (sadly, he didn't really know her either -ahem)

Yes, money/gift cards travel very well for birthdays

The weather isn't supposed to be too terrible the next few weeks - well 90 tomorrow but aside from that, in the mid 80s and maybe not too brutally humid, I hope. AC is nice, but I wish my office wasn't quite so freezing cold. I couldn't even feel my feet when I went home yesterday - it took about 2 or 3 blocks before they even thawed out. Freezing at work, sweating at home - that can't be healthy!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 08-18-2016, 09:41 AM
Master Fan

no it can't

I'll take freezing over hot though....if I ever feel freezing which hasn't happened yet

That is great about the spending time 3 weeks in a row. Yea your DIL has been a disappointment thus far. There is always hope. If you had to have a good inlaw that is from your area better it be your daughter. Not always of course but usually daughters stay more in touch with their parents. Plus if there are grandchildren way better for it to be your daughter so you can be more involved maybe just in time for your retirement... they might need some babysitting help. I know I am leaping ahead....sorry