Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2015, 08:08 AM
Master Fan

Ekua your class is adorable! Hm, living near work and people to carpool with sounds wise, but then I see the attraction of living closer to the action too, with a longer commute!

It's like those couples on 'Househunter International' - only you are taking both sides (live near work, live near the city, etc). Not funny, I know, having to make big decisions about things. But very few decisions are final - if one choice isn't satisfactory, you can try the other one!

Funny, I was just thinking maybe I ought to see 'Interstellar' but you've talked me out of it again! I don't think my daughter or husband liked it much.

I think it is the dresses and the jewelry and the hair and everybody all dressed up, and seeing who wins and what happens and what sort of speeches people make that keeps us coming back to these silly award shows. At least with the Tony Awards, they do scenes/musical numbers from the various Broadway plays, so you get to see what might be a good show, plus theater people in general are so comfortable on stage and make such eloquent speeches. I think it's so rude that they give people less than 1/2 a minute to say thanks for their awards, when supposedly, giving awards to people and them saying thank-you is the point of the exercise, but they are more concerned with the 'filler' - the random musical numbers, the jokes, etc! Always seemed very rude to me, to start playing music and drown out the recipients of the awards mid thanks! Then again, the show is endless when it stays on schedule, so I suppose, if people rambled on as long as they liked, nobody would get any sleep at all!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 02-24-2015, 02:33 PM
Elite Fan

Sorry to be long getting here to talk Oscars ML busy viv care day...I started PT up again and the nurse came and then the PT and I have one of my new helpers here today to break in. It takes a village to care for Viv...literally

So I finally had lunch at 3 and now am taking a few minutes here. So exciting even Ekua stopped in and dropped of that pic of those adorable kids!! They might be ornery but they sure are cute but then these are your favs so they would be the cutest

ML Si I liked the opening musical number and thought Neil and Anna (recognize her from Twilight?) and the zillions of pps did a good job. I thought the underpants thing was a bore and too tight the list in the magic box wasn't worth the reams of time it took to set up. I thought Neil did ok. I still like Bob Hope the best ( I am old ) after him I liked Johnny Carson and then Billy Crystal. I thought Neil managed to get a few good off the cuff in the moment remarks out which would be so hard.

So I agree Julianne M did a good speech( loved her dress) as did the guy that said to call your parents Some of the foreigners took too much time especially when it was a not that important of a category. Eddie was adorable

Podad and I saw Interstellar and hated it BORING and so long and that Matt Damon part...dumb I was excited to see it too

I watched a bit of the Budapest one yesterday....I don't think I'm going to like it much but it looks exactly like a French one I saw and loved ( it must be the same director..the style is so unique) so I am going to watch some more of it in case I love this one. The other movie had the most charming beautiful French actress....of course I can't remember the name of it

I think Birdman will annoy me but I need to see MKs performance.

BTW I knew NPH was parading Birdman but it just didn't strike me as funny

I saw Cumberbuns movie. I liked it but not as much as I thought I would.

I agree ML I didn't like Glory either and I usually love gospel type songs...the tune did nothing for me. ( Star Trek boy..with the eyebrows loved it..tears streamed down his face I didn't like/ remember any of the songs. The lost song I was excited about winning the Oscar was Once...loved the music as well as that movie

Ekau LOve your narcissist comment. I agree.Oh my goodness the self aggrandisement that goes on. It has only gotten worse over the years. I saw that viewership is going down and down every year for the Oscars and I really think ( besides being long and boring to many) it is the ranting/preaching acceptance speeches...please.....just act and feel lucky you make millions doing something ....yes lovely and fun and sometimes meaningful and even important but totally not essential to anyones survival. Easy to spout bla bla but I would like to see some of these people actually DO physically themselves some kind of unpleasant self sacrificing volunteering then I will listen to them

gotta do viv bb
Old 02-25-2015, 07:44 AM
Master Fan

Great Oscar wrap up PodMom! Yes, let some of these pampered celebrities come and help care for Viv for a few days and get a dose of real work/reality! I'm glad you've enlisted a Village. I know Mrs Boss needs a village to work full time and care for disabled/ill Mr Boss (and their dog too).

Steve Carrell seems like a pretty down-to-earth guy (think he lives in Massachusetts instead of Hollywood) - there was some cool general store in the town where he lived and it was going out of business and everybody was sad to lose it - so he bought it, and kept it in business! Nice.

I put his movie 'Foxcatcher' on the list too, because I like the actors in it, and then I read about the movie more - and took it off the list. Seemed too unpleasant/creepy/disturbing, and worse that it's a true story. sigh.

Yes, opening number girl was Bella's classmate from 'Twilight.' She's gone on to have a pretty decent career in big movies - she did that movie with George Clooney, where he was an awful businessman, flying around and firing people, and she was his assistant. And then she did the acapella/singing college movie (I think they're making a sequel to that, or made one already). She was just in another one too, something about a couple and their relationship over 5 years?

Thought it was funny Cumberbun on the red carpet/after interview when he referred to his wife as his 'fiance' and then, oops, remembered they were married now! She seems similarly languid and skinny and British as he is (don't know where such a skinny gal is going to put a baby, but people manage it!)

'Forever' was excellent last night - IroningBoard does such a good job and those interesting dominatrix friends are always a good storyline (I remember the boss of CSI had a flirtation with one, and she was the redhaired Mom from the O.C. ;p) - I enjoy both NCIS's too. And I cleverly taped Downton and Grantchester I missed Sunday when they were re-aired - to watch tonight, when nothing is on again.

Woke up to MORE snow this morning (but just a little more - but ANY snow is too much more!) Oh and yesterday Mr ML had a dentist/cleaning appointment in the evening. I mildly suggested he might leave a little extra time, to warm up Mlette's car, make sure he could get it going, but of course, being Mr ML, he didn't see any need. Well, we had that warm day and the tires were frozen fast into the driveway and he couldn't move the car! Plus it's backed up all the way to the fence/giant snowpile, and there's no room to rock it free. He ended up borrowing Barbara's car (as heaven knows, she owes him PLENTY of favors). I guess we'll have to wait until it thaws again to get the poor car unstuck. And the subway was terrible again this morning, I was very late - and should get back to it!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan

Last edited by MyrnaLynne; 02-25-2015 at 07:51 AM
Old 02-25-2015, 08:21 AM
Total Fan

Hello dear friends!
Hubby had his 6th fall on Feb. 6 and it was downhill from there. The next day/night he was taken to the ER in EMS. Severe pain........discovered his stenosis was blocking off the blood supply. He was admitted to that hospital, but transported to another spinal center for the first operation. It was through the neck to relieve pressure on C3-4. He made it through the surgery just fine and was sent to a rehab hospital.

It's a good thing we didn't have that awful weather you folks up North have suffered with. After several days in rehab he continued to deteriorate. Drs all got together and sent him back to the spinal center for a second surgery. Remember, this is a 79 year old man going through everything. This surgery was done through the back and he seems to be doing better. We hope to soon return to the rehab hospital and see what happens.

I am at home doing laundry, then will go back for hospital duty. This has really be a zoo. Keep us in your prayers please.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:07 AM
Master Fan

Oh my gosh keepsmiling you and hubby have been through a lot! Many many

group hugs

prayers

and healing hands for your dear husband!

Yes, glad there was no slow to slow down his getting the care he needed!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 02-26-2015, 05:42 AM
Elite Fan

Oh keepsmiling I am so so sorry you and your dear husband have been going through all this

I will for sure be praying for you both. It is so so difficult doing the hospital thing day in and day out you are no spring chicken yourself although you act like a 20 yr old. God bless you both and God will get you through this in many different ways. I wish I was near you to bring food/help. I hope you have the kind of church family that is helping in tangible ways

I am off to Liz's...she and AL have stomach bug going to help....Liz deciding if she should go on that little trip. I hope she doesn't but she really was looking forward to seeing all her coworkers she was with for 7 yrs.
It's always something

Old 02-26-2015, 07:39 AM
Master Fan

It's truly Always Something! Hope Liz and AL feel better soon - oh stomach bugs are so YUK!

Got my postponed PBS/British fix last night with Downton Abbey and Grantchester I'd taped - I'm going to miss those shows! Also paid bills (stacks of backed up mail are finally arriving!), changed the sheets, and entertained Barbara with her (nightly) cup of tea and cookie.

Hope Mr keepsmiling is on the mend. Hospital stuff does take hours and hours and is very draining.

Waiting for news about our office baby!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 02-26-2015, 02:53 PM
Addicted Fan

Hi Everyone!

Oh Keepsmiling! I'm so sorry to hear about your Hubby and his terrible fall. And having to be hospitalized and the surgeries too! I hope he has a speedy recovery. I will be keeping both of you in my prayers and sending your Hubby a Healing Hand as well... I'm sure this is so hard on Both of You... Biggest Hugs to Both of You!!! My heart goes out to You!

Poddy, I'm sorry to hear that Liz and Anna Lee are sick with the stomach bug. That's so awful to deal with. I can't imagine Liz even thinking about traveling with having the stomach bug!!! She really needs to stay home and get better. I Hope YOU don't catch it! Or little Tommy! ...Bless his little heart.
I hope Liz and Anna Lee are feeling better soon!

MyrnaLynne, So, no baby yet?! Looks like she just might have to be induced tomorrow after all, which isn't no piece of cake! When they induce, the baby comes like a Freight Train! Not a pleasant thing to experience! I hope she goes naturally and has an easy delivery and has a healthy baby.

Glad you got to see your shows that you taped from the other night!

Well, Melissa had Tuesday off so I went over to visit and see Brayden. Brayden didn't get just one tooth, but he got two teeth in! On the bottom! He looks so cute with his little new teeth!
And he's now pulling himself up to Standing! I swear, he'll be walking at 7 mos at the rate he's going! He's just so cute! And he's crawling all over the place too!

Ekua, Thanks for Posting the picture of your class! The kids are so cute! You really do have a big decision on where you decide to move. I wish you good luck!

I have to run for now... I hope everyone is having a Great Day!

Biggest Hugs to All,
Wen
JB's Obsessed Fan#64
( I LOVE JASON BEHR!!!)
"God never gives you more than you can handle.
I just wish He didn't have so much Trust in me."
...Mother Theresa
Old 02-27-2015, 09:04 AM
Master Fan

Wen so glad you saw Brayden and that he's moving along so rapidly!

I just realized that show of Grantchester last Sunday was the final episode I was going to ask for the DVD and books its based on for my birthday but then I decided what the heck and ordered them from that site that supports Public Television. So happy birthday to me (in a couple of months).

Haven't watched anything in a long time that I was quite so taken with. Brooding angsty intelligent/handsome fellow home from the war - that's what attracted me to Mr ML
(Only turns out he didn't brood much and his vietnam wartime service was stateside)
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 02-27-2015, 07:17 PM
Elite Fan

no MrML doesn't seem like the brooding type I didn't know(or remember ) he had been in the service. So was he in uniform when you met him? Nothing like a man in Uniform

ML I am waiting for an "office" baby kinda. One of my caretakers. The one that has been a rock for us over the past several months. Would do nights and even stayed over night once so we could babysit over night. Jenn is her name and her baby girl is due second week of March but any day now too . She is off the team for now but says after 6 weeks she and baby will come back which I so hope happens. The baby would cheer us all up

ML I am seeing on the news now that Leonard Nemoy passed away and of course that made me think of you. It is sad....scary that smoking can get you 30 yrs later I hope it doesn't happen to podad or the many others I know who smoked. I guess even me since I smoked a bit for a few years in my 20s.... stupid...glad I didn't like it much or I would have probably done it more

We sure enjoyed Mr Spock ...thanks Leonard

Keepsmiling you continue to be in my prayers. I was praying on my drive to Liz's this morning and I was praying for all my online friends here and I was using your online name since I don't know your real name and I was using all your online names and I had to smile at that prayer with those names

Wen Thanks for the hugs So Liz ,Anna Lee are better...today Walter was coming down with it...hopefully I escape....we shall see Liz was well enough to go on her little work trip/retreat. She went to the 20th anni of her old company thing ( was wondering up till she went ....yesterday....if she should go with her own health as well as the kids but it worked out and she was ok as were the kids at that point) I loved being with the kids 3 days this week so that was great.

Slice of my life >>> up at 5:15.....give Viv first suppository at 5:30>>>>had given laxatives the night before>>> get her settled>>>>> I have my fav quiet time with my coffee and devotions for an hour or so>>>>> make Viv walk around to see if things will move>>>>no>>>give her another suppository>>>>wait>>>>>get dressed etc>>> give her breakfast>>>> She goes >> >>>>no thanks as per usual just stress testyness as per usual>>>> I finished getting dressed/hair/makeup and cleaning upkitchen>>>> get her pads changed and dressed >>> Greet caregiver....get her and other caregiver(who I arranged to spell frist one)....checks ready etc>>> get in car and drive an hour to Liz's ...drop my car off say hi to Walter get his car with the car seats in....pick up both kids>>>> go home and make them lunch...make then eat it >>>>> Anna Lee has an evalutator come at 12:30 to give her what turned out to be a 3 hr long test ( second half...the first half was the one at school when I had them at school on Monday...for the picnic so she could get the first half of the eval there>>>>anyway...welcome test person get them settled...take Tommy up to read books and get a nap>>>sneak down and listen to this test ( poor kid...she hung in all that time but was really getting sick of it by the end and getting antsy. Finally test over...say goodbye to tester give AL a candy and play babies with her to let her do something fun>>> Liz gets home AL wants her to not stop her playing babies>>>> Liz and I talk and Liz gets Tommy up>>>> kiss the kids goodbye and they go to the window to wave goodbye and listen to me beep my horn goodbye>>>>> I drive home and enjoy the new Spotify songs I downloaded as well as talk to my sister and good friend Janet that had to move far away>>>>>order pizza from the restaurant I will pass on the way home>>>> pick up pizza>>>> srve pps>>>>> get Viv set up with a movie>>> watch American Idol with podad>>>>talking to you guys that was probably way TMI just sharing a typical day and telling why I didn't get here till now

Last edited by podmom; 02-27-2015 at 07:35 PM
Old 02-28-2015, 12:18 AM
Addicted Fan

Hi MyrnaLynne! Yes, I was Very Happy to have seen Brayden! And Yes, he IS just moving along so rapidly! We'd better not Blink, or we just might Miss something! LOL!

I'm glad you ordered the DVD and the books of the show 'Grantchester' for yourself! Good for you!!! You sooo deserve it!!!

Poddy, You certainly had a busy day! And I know that you are usually busy all the time whether you have the kids or not.

I'm so glad to hear that Liz and Anna Lee are better now from that awful stomach bug, but I'm so sorry to hear that Walter is getting it now! And I Hope you and Tommy don't come down with it!

Yes, very sad about Leonard Nimoy passing away. But a person doesn't have to smoke to get lung disease... Anyone can get it which is pretty scary because no one is immune. RIP Mr Spock.

Biggest Hugs to All,
Wen
JB's Obsessed Fan#64
( I LOVE JASON BEHR!!!)
"God never gives you more than you can handle.
I just wish He didn't have so much Trust in me."
...Mother Theresa
Old 02-28-2015, 08:16 AM
Elite Fan

Wen I got to rambling off and forgot to mention Brayden and his crawling/pulling up and his tiny teeth so fun! Now he is keeping his mom busy now that he is mobile....she'll never sit down again accept when he is asleep for a year or more. So happy for you that you got a visit
Old 02-28-2015, 03:54 PM
Total Fan

PODMOM and others, we appreciate your continued prayers. Hubby is stuck in the hospital over the weekend while waiting for insurance approval to be moved to the rehab hospital. He is getting very discouraged.

He will have lots of work to do to get back where he was in January. He did have a wonderful visitor the first time he was in rehab. Little Piper was the hit of the place. She is a real butterball. Maybe one day she'll start crawling some of it off. My grand daughter has been producing/pumping so much milk, she wanted to donate it to the agencies that help other babies not receiving mother's milk.

She was turned down because as a little girl they were living in Germany during the mad cow disease.

Have I missed any exciting Jason news........I'll never catch up with all of my reading?
Old 03-01-2015, 01:22 PM
Elite Fan

[B]keepsmiling THat is so frustrating about the insurance hold up hopefully tomorrow he will get in and get started on his rehab so he can get home soon !! Goodness little Piper must have been a real ray of sunshine in the hospital very sweet that they brought her to him

I will keep praying for him and you Don't catch up just jump right in and let us know the latest

ML I'm worried about you yu are here so much less than you used to be we miss you and can't wait for the snow to stop in Boston snowing here today too

Last edited by podmom; 03-01-2015 at 05:28 PM
Old 03-02-2015, 08:29 AM
Elite Fan

Maybe ML left for her fathers already? Can you believe we are getting more snow ML too. We have ice all over had to postpone my caretaker but hoping she can come for part of today cause I am Vived out after this weekend

I hope MLs power isn't out

keepsmiling and Wen and Ekua too