Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2018, 10:49 AM
Master Fan

Great news to report....seems like an answer to prayer....My brother told his Dr that after trying for financial aid to take that medicine he couldn
t get it so he was not going to die and leave his wife with no money so he would not be taking that medicine. I guess the Dr got in touch with Penn medicine and they are going to give it to him for only 120$ a month. SO relieved that he at least gets a chance. Now the prayer is that he is one of the 30% that it works to extend life for.

Next great news Shiri says she is in touch with Jason about working together again...on a Roswell reboot she would direct or something else the article is linked on the Dreamers thread.

Next Brandon instagramed this picture yesterday I believe. I got on Instagram today and liked it and commented....I was one of many fans.

Old 02-07-2018, 10:51 AM
Master Fan

sorry that is big...just slide the bar at the bottom of the screen to the right to see the rest of the pic and my words

this is a link where Shiri talks about wanting to be called to be on the Roswell reboot and would love to direct an eppie and that she is in touch with Jason about working together.

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertain...ant-to-direct/

Last edited by podmom; 02-07-2018 at 10:59 AM
podmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 03:42 PM
Obsessed Fan

PODMOM........that is wonderful news for your brother. Good things do happen to good people after all! Now lets go for the 30% chance.

Thanks for the great instagram and story about Shiri. When we least expect news, it just appears. It keeps me coming back. Must admit I didn't recognize Jason at first without the beard.
keepsmiling7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 04:03 PM
Master Fan

Roswell cast, together again! Such a great photo! That's exciting that Shiri and Jason want to work together.

And wonderful news about your brother getting the medicine PodMom, miracles do happen! Like your Eagles winning the Superbowl for example I just read the quarterback wants to become a Pastor - I guess they had G-d on their side?

Got a lot of things done on my list today - Called the realtor, don't know why I was scared of doing that; we might be able to sell it furnished (to snow birds) and that would save a whole lot of work getting rid of all this stuff! I went to a second flooring place to see about redoing the bathroom floors. Called the condo management place where I'd sent a double payment for Dad's quarterly condo fee and asked them to send it back - I didn't realize it was on autopay and was paid already. Figuring stuff out, slowly..

It's 84 here every day, the pool is really nice. My flip flops broke, so we went to Target and I got some new ones today - need footwear to go to/from the pool! ;>

Olympics start tonight! I just like the ice skating but it should be fun. Scary what's happening with the stock market I'm not looking!!!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan

Last edited by MyrnaLynne; 02-08-2018 at 04:09 PM
MyrnaLynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 06:20 AM
Obsessed Fan

ML.......it seems like every day is a new adventure with the condo. You will be so experienced you can start up your own business in settling estates. I'm sure there is a need for that.

Hubby's daughter is coming in this weekend for a visit. I remember her late mother-in-law had a condo in Tampa that they had to close up and sell. The family was originally from PA but had been in FL a long time. Jana didn't have to do much but her husband had to spend a lot of his time down there.
Old 02-09-2018, 12:05 PM
Master Fan

Hi girls

Yes great news the past week...especially my brothers medicine....thanks keepsmilng I will be praying he is in that 30% !

The Eagles winning was so amazing and fun for us!!!!!!

keepsmilng My FB pg has pix of me the grands Liz's family and 2 other young families at a local sports bar watching the parade yesterday. Everyone was in their Eagles gear ..the kids skipped school and it was so fun to be with a crowd cheering the speeches and just joining the millions that came out to watch the parade in person. SO fun!

One of the players even wore a mummers outfit ( local Philly thing...they have a huge parade every year and play music and do big routines....but I'm sure the rest of the country just thought he was dressed crazy ) he gave a really passionate funny speech...a little blue at the end but that was bleeped.

Here he is giving his speech on the steps of the Philadelphia Art Museum...the "Rocky "steps.

Also on the FB pg are 2 links about the Christian influence the 2 quarterbacks , the new coach and many players ....a really amazing turn around not only in the game but in the individuals on the team. Truly encouraging.

ML Thanks for liking my FB pix It sounds like you are settling in and getting stuff done and not in the "overwhelmed" phase. SO glad for you. You aren't missing any weather have a swim for me!!
Old 02-10-2018, 07:11 AM
Obsessed Fan

PODMOM........it is such an exciting time for the Eagle fans for the super bowl. I used to celebrate when the Cowboys won their 5 super bowls, but that was a long time ago. My granddaughter, son-in-law and others celebrated in Houston this year when the Astros won the world series. And of course the San Antonio Spurs.have done great in the past with basketball, but again that a few years ago. It's so nice when the whole community is on one page together.
Also, the quarterback for the Eagles graduated from one of our area high schools. He's received a lot of publicity here. Appears to be an outstanding young man. I wish him well.
Old 02-14-2018, 05:00 AM
Master Fan

Much joy in Philadelphia and PA in general. Joy is good. Mr ML, in his Boston accent, once referred to me as 'Mummer' and I got up and started dancing forward and backward, like they march - Cracked up the kids. I read about that quarterback, who hopes to become a pastor! Religious guy.

Speaking of kids, Mlette and her BF John are coming down here for 5 days to visit FL next month, before we head for home - probably the last chance to do that (and have a free condo to stay in, pool to soak in, plus free plane tickets, with the credits we had for the trip to see Dad that got cancelled when he passed away before we got here - sigh). Taking them up to see Harry Potter/Universal (it's ~3 hour drive away so we'll stay over) - hope it won't be a stupid idea/just for kids. Mr ML is already dubious whether it will be enjoyable, plus worried about all the germs (flu/norovirus) in crowds right now, and if it will be way too much walking/standing in lines for me - funny, worrying is usually my department! My son can't be too jealous, because he and his wife went to the Harry Potter thing when they were down here a few years ago.

Thanks keepsmilig, settling people's estates doesn't sound like a business I'd like to go into! I've lined up a couple of guys (the handyman here and his helper - guy who fixed Dad's wall after the plumber chopped it up) to replace the bathroom toilets (with new clean 'comfort height' ones) and replace the flooring in the bathdooms (it's carpeting now - barf). I went to see two flooring places for estimates but this plan makes the most sense. Also getting Stanley Steemer to clean the wall to wall carpeting (see barf above) and that's all I'm doing to this place before putting it up for sale. Whoever buys it will gut the kitchen and reno the bathrooms more anyway. But it will be presentable/sellable now. The heated pool outside the door is such a blessing. I'd be a lot achier from all our labors without it! We have been taking a dip pretty much every day, late in the day so I don't get burnt by the sun. We did something for Mr ML yesterday (he's been driving me places and helping me get stuff done without complaint) and went to a big nature reserve by the ocean, tidal flats with tons of birds (he's doing a birding list again this year - ). You drive through the place slowly (or some people bike) and park at the side and get out at different spots and look at things. Even riding in the car with AC, I still managed to get way too much noon day sun - burned me right through my shirt. Well, not burnt, but too much sun - luckily, I realized I was getting too much sun and beat a retreat to the shade. Silly as I had two umbrellas in the car, should have used one of those as a sun shade! But the pool is the best part of this place. The people are friendly too, but we don't golf, we don't drink, and this gated community feels a bit like minimum security prison living to me. Not for me!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 02-14-2018, 06:05 AM
Obsessed Fan

ML........that is wonderful that your daughter and boyfriend will be coming down to see you in FL. I always take advantage of opportunities when they present themselves.

One of my friends that recently sold her 2 story home to move into a retirement apartment, with her daughter's insistence did about $40,000 worth of renovations on her place. Her house finally sold for the original price before renovations, and now the new owner has already ripped out the new carpet. Oh well,,,,,
Old 02-14-2018, 08:01 PM
Master Fan

keepsmiling You nailed it.....the community happiness over the big win is the best part. I was at my GPs the other day and we got to talk about the game/team/parade and the Christian aspect ...nice break from talking about my health Oh when I think of winning football teams I still think of the Cowboys...I loved their coach back then. Forgetting his name but he always wore a fedora

ML You know the Mummers strut!! Oh Them Golden Slippers Wow you guys are really getting the place cleaned up. Yes carpet in the bathroom..crazy idea. Jan and her family have that....PU I am SO happy Mlette and John are coming down. That will be so nice for you all! How did MrMLjr like the Harry Potter park? I think you'll like it. Any place new is fun.

My church's women's retreat was really good. Did I tell you guys I was doing that this weekend. The speaker was great. Food and company lovely. Friday night through Sunday. She spoke about dealing with relationships of all kinds with God's help and guidance of course. Sweet time of sharing the good the bad and the ugly.

I hope that recent Jason news actually materializes into something. I think Jason Katims has a new show called Rise...Jason would have been great as the lead ( compassionate teacher) in it. Feeling sad he isn't in that

wanted to perk myself up with a good mummers gif but this is the best I could do....not a string band just a bunch of comics but you can see a bit of strut

I love the string band music...they are bango's Sax's,stand up bases and accordians....here iss a pic so you can see how elaborite and crazy the outfits are

Last edited by podmom; 02-14-2018 at 08:09 PM
podmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 08:15 PM
Master Fan

Came back because I just saw I missed Wen's birthday

If you stop by Wen I hope you had a

Old 02-15-2018, 10:09 AM
Obsessed Fan

PODMOM.......you always find the perfect gif for the occasion......we are so lucky to have you here.
Your retreat sounds so wonderful, and spiritually refreshing. We all need to stop and do that ever so often. At least I do!
The coach you mentioned was Tom Laundry......a first class gentleman. We haven't seen many like him since.

WEN.......a belated happy birthday. Hope all is going well with you.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:41 PM
Master Fan

Yes belated happy birthday to Wen. She's been struggling with some painful nerves (?) after her last back procedure.

Yes ,keepsmiling I remember when my neighbor sold her house, I think she might have had new appliances and the new people gutted and threw out everything and the former neighbor woman was furious they just trashed them. That's why I don't want to do too much work here, because whoever buys it will gut the kitchen and redo the bathrooms (vanity, mirror, lights at minimum). They'll either want this place or they won't. Guy came to measure today for new toilets and look at where the bathroom vinyl plank/stone will replace the carpet. LOL he said the carpet wasn't in bad shape (in the bathrooms) and I said "Yes, but it's CARPET"
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 02-17-2018, 07:47 PM
Master Fan

keepsmiling me too! I need time to retreat. I think ,as I type, even our little time here is worth something important....a bit of help in coping with the hard things of life. Some escape and more important some support. Thank you about the gifs...I try and I enjoy the trying

yup ML any carpet in a bathroom is wrong
Old 02-18-2018, 02:14 PM
Obsessed Fan

Hi everyone, hope all is going well for all.
We are looking forward to visits from two different granddaughters this week, one over the weekend with the 3 year old "great". Can't wait to see all of them. We really love seeing these adult grandchildren and hearing about their activities. .

My favorite show is on tonight....."Victoria". This season two is almost complete, then I have to wait until next year for season three. Guess that's when Prince Albert will die.
Reply   Post New Thread