Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2018, 02:12 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks keepsmiling so far mine just seems like a common cold...no fever or aches just sniffles....hope it stays that way. It still keeps me from going to Liz's though....no colds allowed there.

Emily's baby is due July 4th...that would be a fun date

ML I hope your drive is going well today!

My team won the NFC championship last night in a great game. The under dog Eagles on the way to the Super Bowl. We have never won. We need to beat the goliath New England Patriots and Brady.... with our second string quarter back.... a real Christian and the first string guy Carson Wentz another committed Christian who got hurt 3 weeks ago....nice to see young men literally "giving God the glory" when interviewed after such a big deal and saying they were very humbled by the win

Go Eagles!!!!!
Old 01-22-2018, 06:22 PM
Master Fan

Oh no, will the Eagles play the Patriots? We'll be rooting against one another! Not that I care about football.

Drive going well. Got to DE yesterday, NC today. We took a swim at the hotel pool and it was super warm water, so Mr ML was happy. GA tomorrow and then N FL and then down to Dad's condo.

I don't know what I was thinking, going away for so long. I already want to go home!
Oh well, stuff that needs to be taken care of for my Dad.

Glad it's not the flu, but there are some awful colds going around too. Hope PodDad is okay too.

Woo, hotels have wifi and new laptop is working!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 01-22-2018, 07:10 PM
Total Fan

ML.........I can just imagine when you arrive in FL you will have so much to do closing down your dad's condo you won't even think of going back home. How long has he lived there, and did he save things?
I just remember all of the things my two friends had to do as they moved from their homes into smaller apartments. When I talked to them I would come home and clean out a drawer. That wasn't much headway.

PODMOM.......hope your cold is doing better, or at least going away.
Old 01-23-2018, 01:23 PM
Master Fan

keepsmiling arrived in GA - Florida tomorrow (Dad's Thursday). Dad lived there about 20 years. But he got rid of a lot when Mom died, and he got rid of a LOT before he moved to assisted living recently, shredded years of documents and giving away clothes. I don't think it will be too bad a job except getting rid of the furniture and some big rugs (nobody wants rugs in FL!) And we can't get rid of it until we're done staying there!!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 01-23-2018, 02:14 PM
Elite Fan

ML your new laptop is working thanks for checking in with us!!

It will be good for you to be in the warm weather. I think your dads condo has a pool right?

Oh no....well us Eagles are the underdogs you guys always win

Our house is SO FULL of stuff your dad was so self reliant ML we have to declutter but I am married to a hoarder very difficult!

keepsmiling I think I got his flu going to the Drs tomorrow to get a flu culture only so I know if I had it so I don't infect Emily hopefully I will be symptom free by Feb 2nd. Is your son birthday party this weekend?

Continued safe travels ML
Old 01-24-2018, 04:42 PM
Master Fan

Thanks. We went to Jacksonville to the Vital Statistics bureau and got some death certificates - need them to do stuff and they've been sent up to Boston to the funeral guys and then I assume to my house. Now we're in the final hotel (before Dad's) north of Tampa. I am so tired of riding in the car and sleeping in strange beds!

I'm sorry you're sick Poddy. Terrible colds and flu going around; trying hard to avoid them but out among the world travelling.

Yes, there is a heated pool right outside the door from Dad's condo. It's turned chilly again though - it was 50ish today, supposed to be cool next week. But warmer than where we came from!

Keepsmiling hope your son was able to reschedule/celebrate his birthday.

Fun this motel had 'happy hour' - free pizza, salad, beer, and tea/lemonade. We had a big lunch on the road and just wanted a little something, so that was it! Very nice. Maybe they do that because there aren't a lot of places to eat right nearby this motel? I don't know, but it was a nice touch.

Meeting my best friend from school for lunch tomorrow, enroute to Dad's and getting down to work (and I hope, some enjoying too). Wifi in motels and new laptop working well.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 01-24-2018, 05:48 PM
Total Fan

ML........glad you made it safe. You are lucky your dad had actually gotten rid of things as he down sized. My kids are going to cuss me every minute they have to clean out my stuff.

PODMOM......I hate that your cold turned out to be the flu. That certainly limits your contacts with Emily and Liz's family.
Yes, we have the birthday scheduled this weekend. My son and my son-in-law. Sometime over the weekend we have another funeral/memorial service. This one is a 96 year old long, long time friend. We've certainly lost lots of good friends this winter.
Old 01-25-2018, 05:34 PM
Passionate Fan

ML it sounds like you are similar to my dad - he loves to go away, travel, see people, do anything..... so long as he's home by lunchtime

sorry some of you are unwell. Rotten feeling sick and not being allowed to see family. Will this be grandchild 5 or 6 Poddy?

I have spent most of this holiday travelling. A week with the parents over Christmas. Then home for a week. A week with cousins up north plus time with parents. A week home and then a few days out west with my aunt. Now I'm home. Place needs tidying and vacuuming and organising and getting ready for new term to start.

It is Australia Day today. Holiday. Lefties are mad that white people are so arrogant to acknowledge that Australia exists. *sigh It's warm again. Tis a long hot summer this year.

Hope you get to party with your son K

How is Wen?
Old 01-26-2018, 06:46 AM
Total Fan

MEZZ........so good to hear from you. Stay cool down there.
Old 01-28-2018, 11:38 AM
Master Fan

Mezz I think this will be grandbaby #4 fr PodMom! Two of my college friends - one just had her first grandchild, and the other one has two already! Doesn't look like we'll get any.

Sorry I was MIA - got to Dad's town on Thurs (after travelling Sun-Thurs), went straight to the hospital and retrieved Dad's valuables (watch, wallet, eyeglasses), then to Thrive the assisted living, where we packed the car full of stuff. Went back the next day and finished clearing that out. Been busy cancelling things and turning stuff off and notifying people. Still have more to do, plus we have to sort the bags of stuff we took from assisted living and donate them. sigh. And all this big furniture! No idea...

But I didn't have any internet/wifi connection from Thurs until Sun night! Was driving me mad!

Sounds like you did a lot of travelling, Mezz. Happy Australia Day! Now leftist Aussies don't want to celebrate their country? What's wrong with them?

Mr ML took me hiking at this nature preserve. It was very nice, a boardwalk with railings over a cypress swamp but we walked miles thought I was going to die.

Saw wild pigs and some snakes, an alligator (distant) etc but too much for me!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 01-29-2018, 06:24 AM
Total Fan

ML.......sounds like you have already accomplished many tasks.......more to come though.

We had a wonderful weekend with the birthday celebrations. I treasure these family get togethers more and more, even though it is a lot of work for me. It is amazing to see my oldest son playing with his "great niece" .......something I never expected to see. The circle of life does continue.
Old 01-29-2018, 06:27 PM
Master Fan

keepsmiling yes, these family traditions and celebrations are so special. You are amazing with all you do with entertaining family and hosting things (I am so bad at that).

Saw financial guy, called/made appointment with lawyer guy, went to post office to change Dad's mail from assisted living back to condo (and to my house in future). Wheee.. got a lot done today. Was glad to hop in the pool with hubby and soak our troubles away for awhile. Ahhh. Beautiful weather here.

Once I'm sure I can get mail down here (and it won't get forwarded) I can get Mlette to send me down documents and stuff that came in the mail for me at home; I'm going to have her send me a 'test' mail before she sends anything important. Everything is so complicated!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 01-30-2018, 06:53 AM
Total Fan

ML..........good luck with all of the mail delivery with important documents. There is so much to do and take care of. It's good you are there in person and not having to do everything long distance.

PODMOM........hope you are not really sick. So much flu is going around and I didn't want you to be caught in the event.
Old 01-30-2018, 02:04 PM
Master Fan

I'm so worried about catching the flu down here in FL, with so much to do! And of course we have to be out and about and seeing all sorts of germy people in germy places too.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 01-30-2018, 03:07 PM
Elite Fan

Hi all......and our Mezzy stopped in again

ML keepsmiling is right you are getting tons done!! Sorry no internet for a few days but it sounds like no big problems with all the paperwork etc. I so know what that is like...contacting medicaid/care and all the other institutions. It is a lot. I thought I was all done with moms stuff.....it will be 2 years April 16th that she died. Anyway I got a letter this week saying moms estate ( which there isn't one....we had put her on Medicaid....Daaa) anyway it said she owed medicaid 56,000.00$....needless to say it totally freaked me out. The letter said I had to show her bank statement when she died and her last one. I had just a few weeks before thrown out tons of medical receipts and bank statements from about 20 years. She had been dead over a year I thought it was ok. Classic. The bank we used had gone out of business and been absorbed by another bank so I was petrified I wouldn't be able to access her records. I called Medicaid lady... she was nice ( I had called the new bank before that and they do have her records. Shwew.) So I will pick them up in OC when Emily and I go down God willing if I stay healthy....to do the selections for the new beach house. SO that was stressful. Save bank statements. There was 366.19$ in mom's account when I closed it so I have to pay Medicaid that $

keepsmiling I know how you feel about time spent with family getting more and more precious Glad the birthdays came together and you are an amazing entertainer!

MezzYou have had lots of nice trips to see family...wonderful! Happy Australia Day!!! The thing that liberals are so clueless of is that they are inclusive of all ppl they agree with. If you have a different opinion....you are not only wrong but you are evil. It is a troubling development and getting worse. We need more Grace in this world to be sure.

Lovely to chat with you ladies who are full ogfgrace and wisdom,!!!

PS I got tested and I did have the flu but threw it off in a couple days...1 day of feeling bad and a low grade fever..then done. Very fortunate. Podad on the other hand is still coughing...possibly those years of smoking