Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2018, 03:24 PM
Obsessed Fan

Happy 4th to everyone. We have no big plans, have been traveling so much lately that it will be nice to stay home. Yes, ML......it is hot here. But we are so thankful for the wonderful refrigerated air conditioning every where. What would we do without it?
keepsmiling7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 05:27 PM
Master Fan

Hi girls...sorry to be a little MIA....we were down in OC. Podad and I went down Monday evening so we could be there to receive the porch furniture. It was lots of furniture...some big...a couch and dinning table. The shipping co sent one man who said he wouldn't carry anything up stairs :O we were shocked and podad started carrying everything up and I did too .....boxes I could do or help with . The guy had mercy on us older types and did help podad carry the 2 big things. I of course tipped him. I like the furniture a lot but quire a few things were damaged but we will work that out.

I came home for ao Dr appointment. Had to go to an oral surgeon due to a salevary gland under my tongue being blocked always something. He said no stone ( you can get those) maybe mucous plug...anyway he squeezed it a lot and tried to get it going....said it wasn't cancer ( xrayed) I was concerned about that. I have to drink lots of water and suck sour candy and hope it clears up. He will check in 3 months.

But the big news that happened today is while I was talking to Emily this morning she went to the bathroom and there was blood. SO she went to dr....the blood was because she has started to dilate...only 1 Cm this morning. Sent her home saying come back if she gets nervous about the blood or if gets labor pains close together. Dr said she wouldn't be surprised to see her back at midnight. SO we are not going back to OC to see the kids in the 4th of July little parade they are decorating their scooters to be in but are packed and ready to drive to DC when she goes to hospital. It might be a July 4th baby after all

Say a prayer for them for me please
Old 07-03-2018, 07:20 PM
Obsessed Fan

Prayers for Emily and the baby.
Keep us posted PODMOM>
Old 07-04-2018, 01:57 PM
Master Fan

Prayers for a smooth delivery of your next grandbaby! And youch about the dentist poking and prying your salivary gland. Although sucking on sour candy sounds like my kind of medicine - doctors never tell me to 'eat lots of candy'

What idiots to deliver a truckload of furniture and not bring it in. If you buy stuff from the local furniture place, they send a crew of really polite men who unbox it all, screw everything together, set it up for you. That will be a pain dealing with damaged stuff. My DIL ordered some shelves and they kept arriving broken so many times, she finally ended up getting them for free (but you don't want to try dealing with my DIL!)

Speaking of her, she flew off to Montana for a week, to visit her cousin, left my son working and minding the dog and everything else. Funny how they have no money to travel, unless it's someplace SHE wants to go - ahem.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
MyrnaLynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 03:30 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for prayers girls!

I can't believe I am still home. Emily went to the Dr this morning after labor all night. The office is at the hospital. A nurse examined her said she was still at 1 cm...the dr saw the chart but not Emily and sent her home. So she has been there all afternoon laboring. Hasn't slept ....oh hold on Robbie just called me and said they are back in the hospital. They gave Emily some narcotics to relax her and hope she sleeps and maybe the labor will reset . Still hasn't seen an actual Dr I am waiting to here from Robbie if they will admit her. Then we can drive there. I might want to drive and get a motel if they come home.
Old 07-04-2018, 04:57 PM
Obsessed Fan

PODMOM........I was excited to see that you left a post.........but it's just a false alarm after all. That little baby girl might not make it for the 4th unless she hurries up. Prayers for Emily's comfort and safe travels for the grandparents waiting for word.
Old Yesterday, 10:12 AM
Master Fan

Wee little girl arrived day after the 4th, Margot. PodMom is busy helping out.

Yesterday was ArtBeat, one of my towns many festivals, and my daughter and her boyfriend came for it and we walked around and looked at all the tents selling various arts and crafts - I got a pottery bowl and some homemade soap - and we went out for lunch, because there were a lot fewer food trucks and food vendors this year. No Indian food, no guy selling fresh coconuts to drink.. More crafts, fewer snacks!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
MyrnaLynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:21 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for giving an update on little Margot ML

Yes a bit of a hectic time. So She almost made it to be a 4th of July baby born July 5th early in the morning around 6am.....6' 7oz I so with I could show you guys pix and videos....especially videos of the other 3 grandkids getting to hold baby Margot. I haven't posted on FB yet because Emily hasn't. She did post on Instagram so I predict I will post pix soon.

Mother and baby having the usual exhausting time learning to nurse and deal with this new reality. It's exhausting for the new mommy especially.

I am headed back there tomorrow morning for a week after a few days to go see other 3 grands and be with podad a bit.

I will be retreating to the basement after dinner to let the couple have time without "mom" so hopefully I will be posting from baby land...ie no sleep land