Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2018, 04:24 PM
Obsessed Fan

Happy 4th to everyone. We have no big plans, have been traveling so much lately that it will be nice to stay home. Yes, ML......it is hot here. But we are so thankful for the wonderful refrigerated air conditioning every where. What would we do without it?
Old 07-03-2018, 06:27 PM
Master Fan

Hi girls...sorry to be a little MIA....we were down in OC. Podad and I went down Monday evening so we could be there to receive the porch furniture. It was lots of furniture...some big...a couch and dinning table. The shipping co sent one man who said he wouldn't carry anything up stairs :O we were shocked and podad started carrying everything up and I did too .....boxes I could do or help with . The guy had mercy on us older types and did help podad carry the 2 big things. I of course tipped him. I like the furniture a lot but quire a few things were damaged but we will work that out.

I came home for ao Dr appointment. Had to go to an oral surgeon due to a salevary gland under my tongue being blocked always something. He said no stone ( you can get those) maybe mucous plug...anyway he squeezed it a lot and tried to get it going....said it wasn't cancer ( xrayed) I was concerned about that. I have to drink lots of water and suck sour candy and hope it clears up. He will check in 3 months.

But the big news that happened today is while I was talking to Emily this morning she went to the bathroom and there was blood. SO she went to dr....the blood was because she has started to dilate...only 1 Cm this morning. Sent her home saying come back if she gets nervous about the blood or if gets labor pains close together. Dr said she wouldn't be surprised to see her back at midnight. SO we are not going back to OC to see the kids in the 4th of July little parade they are decorating their scooters to be in but are packed and ready to drive to DC when she goes to hospital. It might be a July 4th baby after all

Say a prayer for them for me please
Old 07-03-2018, 08:20 PM
Obsessed Fan

Prayers for Emily and the baby.
Keep us posted PODMOM>
Old 07-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Master Fan

Prayers for a smooth delivery of your next grandbaby! And youch about the dentist poking and prying your salivary gland. Although sucking on sour candy sounds like my kind of medicine - doctors never tell me to 'eat lots of candy'

What idiots to deliver a truckload of furniture and not bring it in. If you buy stuff from the local furniture place, they send a crew of really polite men who unbox it all, screw everything together, set it up for you. That will be a pain dealing with damaged stuff. My DIL ordered some shelves and they kept arriving broken so many times, she finally ended up getting them for free (but you don't want to try dealing with my DIL!)

Speaking of her, she flew off to Montana for a week, to visit her cousin, left my son working and minding the dog and everything else. Funny how they have no money to travel, unless it's someplace SHE wants to go - ahem.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 07-04-2018, 04:30 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for prayers girls!

I can't believe I am still home. Emily went to the Dr this morning after labor all night. The office is at the hospital. A nurse examined her said she was still at 1 cm...the dr saw the chart but not Emily and sent her home. So she has been there all afternoon laboring. Hasn't slept ....oh hold on Robbie just called me and said they are back in the hospital. They gave Emily some narcotics to relax her and hope she sleeps and maybe the labor will reset . Still hasn't seen an actual Dr I am waiting to here from Robbie if they will admit her. Then we can drive there. I might want to drive and get a motel if they come home.
Old 07-04-2018, 05:57 PM
Obsessed Fan

PODMOM........I was excited to see that you left a post.........but it's just a false alarm after all. That little baby girl might not make it for the 4th unless she hurries up. Prayers for Emily's comfort and safe travels for the grandparents waiting for word.
Old 07-15-2018, 11:12 AM
Master Fan

Wee little girl arrived day after the 4th, Margot. PodMom is busy helping out.

Yesterday was ArtBeat, one of my towns many festivals, and my daughter and her boyfriend came for it and we walked around and looked at all the tents selling various arts and crafts - I got a pottery bowl and some homemade soap - and we went out for lunch, because there were a lot fewer food trucks and food vendors this year. No Indian food, no guy selling fresh coconuts to drink.. More crafts, fewer snacks!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 07-15-2018, 06:21 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for giving an update on little Margot ML

Yes a bit of a hectic time. So She almost made it to be a 4th of July baby born July 5th early in the morning around 6am.....6' 7oz I so with I could show you guys pix and videos....especially videos of the other 3 grandkids getting to hold baby Margot. I haven't posted on FB yet because Emily hasn't. She did post on Instagram so I predict I will post pix soon.

Mother and baby having the usual exhausting time learning to nurse and deal with this new reality. It's exhausting for the new mommy especially.

I am headed back there tomorrow morning for a week after a few days to go see other 3 grands and be with podad a bit.

I will be retreating to the basement after dinner to let the couple have time without "mom" so hopefully I will be posting from baby land...ie no sleep land
Old 07-18-2018, 12:24 PM
Master Fan

You are such a considerate person PodMom giving the new couple their space. New parenthood is a very hard adjustment! People hear about 'no sleep' and 'crying for hours' but they can't really wrap their heads around it until they are in the thick of it themselves. But it gets better! LOL, right around when they go off to college Kidding!

We went to see a lady tax advisor about Dad's trust taxes that will come next year (had been warned that Trust taxes are not for the faint of heart/require an expert), and that led to a whole new round of 'homework' gathering stuff and figuring out stuff she needed to know (like how much we thought all the stuff in Dad's condo was worth - we sold it furnished/turnkey as people like in Florida). And how much we spent fixing up the condo to sell last winter, and the bills for the condo etc. Mailed her off a big envelope of stuff today. Anyway, she was very nice and seemed like a smart lady.

We had a few more brutally hot and humid days, but today is a gift from Heaven - mid 70s, low humidity - Ahhh. THIS is the climate I'd like to find. (Right next to that pot of gold, I'm sure - )

Ugh, the work continues on the (former crazy neighbor gal) house next to us (in our side yard - they built it ON the property line) - hammering starts around 7 a.m. And they hammered out the entire brick foundation on our side and propped up the house with a couple of beams - I was sure the whole thing was going to topple over onto our house. Now they've laid a new cement foundation wall - managed to break off a big part of my rose bush, even though Mr ML went out and spoke to the guy to be careful of my rose bush (as my last rosebush got trampled by workmen years back). sigh. I think they are digging out the whole cellar to make it bigger, took out all the stone and brick foundation and are pouring a new cement foundation under the house - huge job (I'm sure making a basement apartment is the plan - it's a tiny house, new owner wants to get his money back). So hammering and pounding and yelling and sawing, plus cement trucks coming and going, blocking the street, and their trucks taking up several parking spots.

Plus the gas company is digging up all the streets around our house, laying new gas lines, so half the time the end of our street is blocked off, plus they leave their steamshovels (well, not steam) and stuff parked overnight at the end of our street, so talking up 5 or 6 parking spots at least, which are at a premium in the city. We're lucky we have a driveway! This too shall pass!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 07-18-2018, 07:03 PM
Master Fan

Hi girls. So I am in the basement right now after dinner. Yes MLwhat you said ....you never know what it’s like having a little baby until you have one coming to your house and the then it’s amazing how a little tiny 6 pound bundle can wreak havoc with everything! Margot is having an easier time the last two days. She’s actually slept some three and four hour stretches. Now that brings up a difficult decision because she’s tiny and is supposed to be eating every 2 1/2 hours. But we have let her go a bit once in awhile so that Emily can get some rest. I put her down after Emily fed her( you know the rocking/ walking wrangling a fussy baby) last night around 1130. I went down to the basement went to sleep she woke up a half an hour later and Emily had her till 130 when she called me crying because she was so tired. I had the baby from 130 to 3 A.m. then I put her in this little rock and play thing since now we have to have all babies on their back annoyingly,and she slept until seven. What a difference for hours in a row made to Emily today! That’s the longest she slept since July 4 actually July 3 when labor began. So we are going back to the lactation consultant tomorrow. I haven’t been before but Robbie is at work now so me and Emily will take the baby. So you know how babies are usually a little more restless at night so we will see how the night goes tonight. I hope you guys are all well other than having a really annoying construction next-door!! I can’t talk though because I tortured my two neighbors in Ocean City oh and today I joined My insurance for the 20 % Medicare doesn’t cover. What a pain and what money they make

Last edited by podmom; 07-18-2018 at 07:18 PM
Old 07-20-2018, 07:38 PM
Master Fan

Yes, the whole Medicare/insurance/drug thing is quite a racket! And expensive! We are doing the AARP/UnitedHealthcare thing.

Oh the trials and travails of a new baby! And so many rules about them, to make parents even more nervous of doing something wrong with them! I hope they get in sync soon and Em gets some sleep. I wonder if first babies aren't more difficult (mine was too) because the parents are so nervous, the babies get nervous? Oh well, they are all different and I also think they are pretty much born with their personalities firmly in place (although tucked away because they are so small).

Mr ML and I went up to the beach via subway to a big International Sand Sculpture thing they have. I'd seen pictures of it but never been. People fly in from all over the world to build giant sand castles, er, sculptures. I suppose there is voting and prize money - it's a 3-day event. It's been forever since I've walked on a beach - I love the beach (I just hate the sun! And not too keen about sand all over either - lol). Mr ML isn't a beach guy at all. Hates cold water. It was low tide and millions of tiny baby clams all over the beach and interesting stuff. Seagulls, kids running around. Beautiful day. And it also was just like ArtBeat (minus the art, except sand-art), with tons of vendors and food trucks of all variety of gross things (fried dough, sausages), and too loud musical acts on a little stage, masses of humanity. We walked up and downfor miles and didn't find anything we wanted for lunch. Plus everything was super expensive, I thought. I was so tired I didn't think I'd make it home, and fell into bed and slept for 2 hours! And typical of Mr ML, when he's tired- he goes and plays basketball for awhile. I swear all the men in his family have ADHD/are hyperactive.

And tonight is poker night and the guys are here and I'm hiding out.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 07-25-2018, 06:52 PM
Obsessed Fan

Checking in to see what I have missed.

Congratulations on little Margot. And poor Emily, I remember those sleepless nights.
Emily is very fortunate to have you there to lend a hand PODMOM.

With a heavy heart I have to share, we lost Jay on July 17. He fought a long fight with the pancreatic cancer, but it won in the end. The hardest thing for me was seeing my daughter have to sign the papers to disconnect Jay. He received the best comfort care at MD Anderson, but my daughter felt like she was killing him. That's an awful thing to witness. When my first hubby died, he had his second heart attack and was gone right away. Even though that was a great shock, it was easier on the family.
Old 07-25-2018, 08:51 PM
Master Fan

Oh keepsmiling I am SO SORRY for your family's loss. And what a horrid decision for a wife to have to pull the plug on her husband. My sister-in-law Barbara had to decide that for her husband David, but she knew he wouldn't have wanted to lie around in a coma forever, although their situation was different. But she was confident that's what he would have wanted and I don't think she's ever second guessed herself. Although it was sudden and unexpected and she was gutted and bereft. sigh. Your poor daughter! Even the best hospital, unfortunately, can't fix everything. Prayers for you and your family. So very sorry
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 08-03-2018, 09:21 AM
Master Fan

Well the JOFS aren't doing very well. I heard from Wen and she is still wrestling with pain and doctors trying various pain meds, and now she has a scary issue with her eyes/vision too! I feel so bad that she has to deal with so much.

Nothing new here, except HOT and muggy (blah). I wonder if PodMom's area is getting all the rain? My friends in central Pennsylvania are bemoaning the endless rain and lack of sun lately. They could send a bit of it up to us. I was surprised to hear it's even raining in the desert! My friend in NM is always fretting about the dryness there and lack of rain (well, it is the desert) but they've been having lots of good rain. Happy for them. I can see why there are so many prayers about rain in the Bible, it's so important to get just the right amount!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 08-03-2018, 05:05 PM
Obsessed Fan

ML.........glad you posted, and it's good to get news about WEN, but she has a hard road with all of that pain, then vision problems on top of everything else.

PODMOM must still be on baby duty, and trying to visit with her other grans too. We miss you PODMOM.

My daughter is coming here this weekend. She hats being at home without Jay and I understand.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread