Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2017, 05:42 AM
Total Fan

Proud of you ML and PODMOM......keep up the exercise!
I will admit when I was still working I didn't exercise either, just came home and collapsed most of the time. But when I retired I started exercising and took bridge lessons to keep the old mind sharp.

My yoga teacher told us last week that once a DAY we should get down on the floor, the safest way possible. Some women use chairs to hold on to.......go down slow, lay on the floor a few minutes and take several deep breaths. Then slowly and safely return to standing. The teacher said that would keep our hip joints moving. I'm trying to remember to do this at home every day.

Three days a week I do strength and aerobic classes. I am the oldest one in those classes and can't do every thing. At that point I modify! On the days I don't go to classes, I try to get out and walk.
Old 06-29-2017, 11:05 AM
Master Fan

I just went out and took a walk - been proofreading and sitting way too still for too many hours. Of course the walk led directly to Starbucks so not exactly healthy - LOL! I need to get down on the floor more often. Lots of times I'm so tired, I feel like lying on the floor but then I think it's too much trouble/I might not get up again! "Use it or lose it' is very true at our ages! You are a very good role model for us keepsmiling!

MLette was miffed that I'd changed my mind about taking a 4th of July trip with Mr ML - after the pricey whale watching, I decided it was too expensive and we'd do something simple closer to home - she signed up to work the whole weekend, thinking we'd be away! She is not so tolerant of people having changes of plans! She and the BF are looking at apartments (finally), which is encouraging. She was going to need a new place by September, but then her roommate and the BF found a house to buy, so now they are moving out August instead, and she needs a place a month sooner (also was really miffed at that change in plans too). They saw one place so far, but rooms were too small, ceiling too low (she and BF are both tall people!)

Mr ML is not very enthusiastic about the dog idea - once we get a retirement place (that allows dogs, with a fenced in yard preferably) we'll see!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 07-01-2017, 06:02 AM
Total Fan

ML.........your daughter and the boyfriend seem to be making moves in the direction you would like. I am happy for her......and you ML.
Old 07-02-2017, 10:04 AM
Elite Fan

You are right ML, keepsmiling is our role model here! Well who knew I've been doing one thing right. I am always getting up and down from the floor because I am always on the floor with grace and since toddlers don't do anything long up again I come then down then up

That is interesting MLette and John are apartment shopping. I hope they find a high ceiling cheep place

I'm having to modify the videos I'm doing. What a difference after doing jazzersize 3 times a week in my 30s and 40s and also walking many evening after putting kids to bed with a friend in my old neighborhood....now I'm one of the old ones that used to come to my classes...( that's how I feel while doing the videos) but I respected them for coming

I hope Wens foot is all better now.
Old 07-03-2017, 05:31 AM
Total Fan

Hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th of July.
Old 07-05-2017, 05:57 AM
Elite Fan

Same to you keepsmiling!

and may God Bless America

We went to Liz's and we all spent the day at her pool which had some fun contests and activities. Anna Lee and podad both competed in the big splash competition. They didn't win but proud they joined in. Very proud of Anna Lee she was one of only a handful of little girls that tried a cannon ball off the dive in front of all the pps.

Walter cooked a great dinner and then we all went to a great fire works at the near by high school. Kids loved it but baby Grace was scared to death, Good thing she still nurses
because of course the noise terrified her. She nursed and peeked out at the fire works.
Old 07-05-2017, 09:37 AM
Master Fan

Sounds like a wonderful 4th PodMom. I was mad because they didn't air the Boston Pops on TV last night; it was only on some cable channel (that I discovered we didn't get).

Oh I got down on the floor Friday, at keepsmiling's suggestion and it felt wonderful and I managed to get myself up again too!

Got a surprise visit from Mlette on Monday and we all went to see 'Despicable Me 3' which was a pretty funny movie (I liked the previous ones).

We didn't do much on the 4th at all - took the subway to Harvard Square and bought a cannoli, that was my biggest excitement. Of course Mr ML got up and biked to look at birds, played basketball, etc.

We could hear fireworks around the neighborhood, but we can't see the big show they put on in Boston from where we live, so didn't see any fireworks either. We just watched 'Yankee Doodle Dandy' the George M. Cohan biopic, an oldie but goodie.

Wens foot has healed up, thank goodness!

I took off Monday as well as Tuesday so had a nice long weekend - good practice for retirement!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 07-05-2017, 03:51 PM
Total Fan

My youngest son and family are coming in for the weekend. Looking forward to their visit......we might take a cruise on Town Lake (now called Lady Bird Lake) to watch the bats fly out at dusk. I think my 10 year old grandson will enjoy it.

Good news about WEN......so glad her foot finally healed.
Old 07-07-2017, 09:23 AM
Master Fan

Oh I saw something on TV about the bats flying out at dusk in Austin! Very cool! I like bats (although maybe not in such great numbers! Anything in huge numbers is a bit scary, even people).

Sigh, Dad is having a new health issue, going into the hospital to get it checked out. I am looking at plane fares (high) and thinking I ought to go down there. My brother is thinking he should go too. Prayers appreciated!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 07-07-2017, 02:43 PM
Elite Fan

keepsmiling That bat thing sounds fun. I've seen it on TV too. My grandkids would get a kick out of it too!

ML I'm very sorry to hear about your fathers health issue I hope it is not life threatening. I will pray for him. Let us know if you are traveling and when and any updates on his condition
Old 07-08-2017, 06:24 AM
Total Fan

ML......prayers for your father. Are you heading to FL any time soon?
Old 07-08-2017, 07:25 AM
Master Fan

WAiting for more information before I plan.Don't know what hospital he's in orhow to get his keys to his condo/car. Etc. Plane tickets are going fast though. We're off to family party at my nephew's farmhouse abouthour and a half away Waiting for John and Mlette.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 07-08-2017, 07:37 PM
Elite Fan

I hope the family party was fun...John going...they sure are sounding serious

Gosh dad is still in the hospital. Will you and brother take turns being there or go together? I hope the plans come together with ease and clarity
Old 07-09-2017, 05:13 AM
Total Fan

Prayers for your safe travel ML.........when your plans all fall into place.
Old 07-09-2017, 07:30 AM
Master Fan

Dad is on blood thinners so they want to keep him a few days and get those out of his system before they do any big tests on him. And of course he sees no reason to rush down there.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Closed Thread   Post New Thread