Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2017, 04:39 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks girls...yes this is my last few hours to be 63

hoping people still love me when I'm 64....I know bad but had to say it.

I'm with Emily getting ready to watch the first eppie of the office....but I need to turn my computer off...it's loading really slow...the TV that is

bbl
Old 08-07-2017, 05:20 AM
Total Fan

Had a wonderful weekend visit from granddaughter before she leaves for college. She is so excited about this new adventure in her life, and I enjoyed taking her "school shopping". We are blessed with six grandsons, and six granddaughters. Some of the granddaughters are HIGH maintenance, not Janie that just visited.
Old 08-07-2017, 09:14 AM
Master Fan

PodMom we'll still need you, we'll still feed you, when you're 64!

Wow keepsmiling how fun to take granddaughter college shopping! And an even dozen of grandkids, half boys/half girls. I am impressed. (sigh, still zero grandkids.) Glad you had a good visit with her; I can imagine how exciting going off to college is for her.

Well, Mr ML woke up with a bad shoulder, after a weekend of moving furniture, followed by basketball, moving one more piece of furniture Thursday, more basketball - his right shoulder is shot, he can't do anything with his right arm, but will he do anything about it, beyond take an occasional Advil? Of course not! He wouldn't even try putting an ice pack on it.

Rainy Saturday, we tried a new Chinese restaurant - meh! Sunday was one of the weird festivals in my town, Somerstreets - they closed off the road and had random stuff going on, mostly for kids (water balloon tossing, big chalk to write on the street, a couple of very loud bands, rollerblading, bouncy house) and a few boring tables for various organizations (karate school). We walked up the hill and back down, and it was a big nothing, aside from the 'thrill' of walking in the road and not getting run over (same as it has been the past 2 years they've had this 'festival - blah'). Not even a food truck or truck selling drinks or snacks; very disappointing. Although Mr ML ran into some people he knew and chatted with them, so that made him happy. And the weather was beautiful.

I did a whole lot of weeding and gardening in the morning, and then walking through the festival, up hill and down, I was ready for a nap (and I took one!)

MLette was busy with John's people this weekend and today. Always hoped she'd 'have a life' and now that she does - I miss her!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 08-07-2017, 10:40 AM
Total Fan

ML.........that moving furniture is sure a chore, and I'm sure MrML is feeling every bit of it now. Isn't that funny, you wished MLettie had a life, and when she does of course you miss her. Now you have to share!

Miss you PODMOM and WEN.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:34 AM
Master Fan

Mr ML's shoulder seems to be getting better - he said he could lift up his arm again.

I was so stiff and achy (gardened a lot Sunday), I didn't want to go to tai chi class, but then I remembered the warm up where we rub and pat our knees etc and I thought maybe it would do me some good! I realize I am never going to learn tai chi, or only a tiny amount in 12 classes (of a 37-movement 'form'). It's interesting, but don't think it's my thing. I do like some of the graceful arm movements. I think it's too slow, and I'm too impatient!

Wen's doctor gave her some medicine for her hip that made her super dopey; he changed it to something else, but she's been having a hard time with that one too, probably why she's been MIA.

Hope PodMom is having a good time at the OC with her family.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 08-09-2017, 06:47 AM
Total Fan

Once again ML.......thanks for the WEN update. She has had more challenges that the law allows. I am glad you are taking the tai chi classes. We were told that is one of the best things for balance. Our Humana insurance offers a class that is free, but I have a conflict at the scheduled time. Maybe one day I can rearrange things to fit that in.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:12 AM
Master Fan

Also Wen is having computer problems now (again) and has to wait for the IT department (son) to fix it. She does have more troubles than a lot of people, poor gal. Her great-grand Brayden turned 3 last week! Gorgeous little blond guy.

I know tai chi is good for older people, as you see armies of elderly Asian people out doing tai chi in the park, etc. But I bet they learned it when they were young and know all the steps!
You definitely should try it, especially for free. I paid for this class, which is one of the reasons I keep going, even though I'm lukewarm about it (and about the teacher). He left us (3 new to tai chi people) to 'practice on our own' while he went to help the more advanced people, and we got lost pretty quickly and it was time to go, so we left!

I called the Benefits Office to find out when I need to contact them about retirement, and who to see about it - they said call back September 1. That's not too far away.

I was looking at the Aquarium Mlette wants to visit when we're in Long Island for that family party for my nephew (his wife, baby and now expecting new baby) and it said they were letting in people having birthdays for FREE (the week of their birthday) and we'll be there the day before her birthday. My sister-in-law is also going to have a birthday cake for her, at the family party (it's just in the back yard of their house, and they have a pool). Should be relaxed and fun, I hope. And we're taking the ferry to Long Island and back, from Connecticut (saves a lot of driving, plus cool sea voyage).
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 08-10-2017, 04:56 AM
Total Fan

ML......September 1 is almost here.......are you ready?

I realized WEN's Brayden was three because my little Piper will be three Aug. 21. There will be a total eclipse to celebrate her birthday!
Old 08-10-2017, 09:17 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks ML for still needing me...we just have to stop feeding me

s about missing Mlette a little while she does some stuff with John. You are so fortunate you like him and enjoy his company so you get double the company when they both hang with you guys

MrML is stubborn but boy he is in good shape and so active. TiChi looks so cool....kind of boring I could see though. I need to consistently do something. Life ( and my own not doing it) seems to have gotten in the way of my exercise program which lasted like 5 days although I have done some swimming and running back and forth to the beach and boardwalk and doing kids so at least was moving.

Wow retirement getting more real

I'm really sorry Wen is dealing with yet another physical issue and still having computer problems. we sure miss her around here

keepsmiling I'm so glad you had a lovely time with Jane....how precious I can only pray I live long enough to take a grandchild shopping for college. I sure hope to...got to get to that exercising

The vacation went very well and we had wonderful weather and the ocean is very warm and the tide was low at the times we were on the beach ( needs to be now since the beach replenishment pumping I hate so much) we were very fortunate. I had one full day night and morning with just Emily Liz and the kids with no men.....we like the men but SO nice to just have the girls and kids. It rained that day which was fine because we needed a rest from the beach and we found fun things to do and just really enjoyed the kids the baby and our alone time so rare

I stayed Wednesday to clean from the giant mess and plus relax....now I have finished up and need to pack the car with my stuff plus things to take home preparing for the move. I did a lot of talking with the upstairs neighbor about rebuild stuff and that went well and I am starting to let myself believe this is going to happen God willing.

I had a lovely swim yesterday....one with the sea

Anna Lee takes after me with her total love of being in the ocean she is learning to body surf and can totally dive under the breakers. She was singing the Moana song while we were out there one day ( it is about loving the ocean and wanting to explore) one day it was just she , Liz ( who also loves to body surf) ad I and Liz and I were aware of how special that was and remembering when it was she and I out there when she was learning
Old 08-11-2017, 05:22 AM
Total Fan

PODMOM.......so glad you finally had a minute to check in with us. Your family time sounded wonderful, especially with your daughters. That is special. We all love our time with daughters, but I always enjoy alone time with my youngest son. He was 11 when his father died, so he had to become the man of the house. It was just us for five years because the older ones were away at college and out on their own.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:23 AM
Elite Fan

oh keepsmiling your son was so young I'm sure you two do have a special bond. Emily and I have a similar but not nearly as dramatic bond in that Liz was away at college for 5 years while we still had Emily home....which is why she was my TV buddy and introduced me to Roswell

Back home yesterday....going to Lizs this afternoon to watch baby while Liz and kids get to go to the pool ( so Liz can actually be with a woman she knows who is going) I'll be spending the night then seeing my brother inlaw who is stopping with Liz for a few days starting tomorrow on his way back from another trip north. It is hard to see him but has to be done. He's going to fix some things for her. HE is way good building and fixing.

Old 08-14-2017, 07:45 AM
Master Fan

keepsmiling Sept 1 isn't retirement, it's when I can tell them I'm retiring in December, so they can get all the paperwork started and I can meet with them about it etc. But yes, it's coming up, and I think it is definitely time!

Just switched a few more things (credit cards!) that had my work email as a contact, to my home email. Have to remember all these little things I need to do!

Mr ML drove me up to NH and we had lunch with my Star Trek ladies yesterday, and chatted about books etc/looked at books in the big Barnes and Nobel store there. Mr ML was very patient while we gabbed, but he got a nice meal out of it, and it was a beautiful day for a drive! Sad, my friend has a son the same age as my son, also a computer guy; also married a girl she didn't think much of, and now their marriage is unravelling - sad, as they have a 4 year old boy. Wife decided her son was too boring, so she'd go out and date/sleep with other men! What is wrong with people today?!

Next week we are going to Long Island for the wedding/baby celebration for my nephew (with Mlette and John b- yay!) And now we found out that nephew and wife are expecting baby #2. And Mlette just found out John's sister, who has a 2 year old, is also expecting baby #2 - they were out from Indiana visiting for a week, for the little girl's birthday. They came over to see the new apartment and little girl had a t-shirt that said "I'm going to be a Big Sister" - that's how they broke the news. Lucky grandparents! And my officemate is expecting baby #2 also - lots of new babies on the way!

Podmom sweet, the circle of sharing your love of the ocean, and your 'girl time.' Sounds like things are going well, over all, house redo is looking like it might happen. Hope seeing the brother-in-law isn't too hard. It's lucky he's handy/nice he's helping.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan

Last edited by MyrnaLynne; 08-14-2017 at 07:50 AM
Old 08-16-2017, 06:13 AM
Elite Fan

ML thanks about the ocean circle being greedy but I wish it could happen more than 1-3 times a year...hopefully next year the house is done and we get together there more often.

Wow lots of babies.....2 of Ems friends are preggers and one has a baby. Emily is actively trying now so we will see.

Cool Mlette and John going

posted this on the Behr Cave.....

headed to the beach house today to meet with a couple builders ....to finally decide soon which one to use. It is quite frustrating to have to cooperate with the other couple on this big issue.( reminder...we are tearing down our small beach house to build a much bigger one so we can fit in the growing family with the upstairs neighbor who sold us the bottom unit.) My brother has built many houses with one of the builders for decades and we would have just gone with him and have been on his schedule for months now but the guy upstairs is very anal to the extreme and wanted to get bids. I can understand but it is taking too long. I just hope the house can be built by next summer. I am very grateful they are even doing it but still I want to get the ball rolling.

Be back in PA Friday. Perhaps I'll check in from my phone.

Old 08-16-2017, 07:40 AM
Master Fan

Wow 'next week' is almost here - going to Long Island, NY on Friday! I printed maps and driving directions yesterday (lol, old school) and looked at the 'amenities' of the motel again and I am getting excited!

This trip and the family wedding next month are pretty much our 'vacation' for this year. It's also Mlette's birthday this weekend - will have a cake for her at the party, I have a card for her, but no gifts. Going to tell her we'll pay for a rug or something for her new place. Hope she's happy with that!

Wow, PodMom cooperating with another family on this reno must be very frustrating, especially as the other guy is a bit of a control freak and slowing down the process, while you've lived there a long time and know the local builders etc.

Excited that Em is working on some more grandkids for you! Nice work, if you can get it
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 08-18-2017, 05:50 AM
Total Fan

So ML is off to a wedding, and PODMOM is busy with her construction project and baby sitting. Everyone is really busy.

We are off to Houston to celebrate Piper's third birthday. She is growing up way too fast. Her party will be at a splash pad in the neighborhood park. She loves having the buckets of water dumped right down on her. No fear!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread