Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2019, 02:36 PM
Master Fan

That is a big group coming ML I laughed at “all talking loud at once.” You and Mr ML had it seems such a different childhood ..... not surprised his ppl loud !

Oops water boiling ... making max and cheese for Margot

BBL
Old 06-22-2019, 04:04 PM
Master Fan

There were only 10 total - three or four I wasn't sure about didn't come, so that wasn't too bad. They all fit into the dining room and kitchen. And now they're gone

Mr. ML went straight to bed - I guess entertaining wore him out!

Yes, he's one of 10, I'm one of 2 - It was quite a culture shock getting used to his family gatherings. But they don't need to be entertained, just get them together and they enjoy each other's company and have plenty to say. My sister-in-law brought her 'famous' chocolate chip cookies. I baked Rocky Road brownies this morning and had Oatie Cakes I'd baked and frozen (because other sister-in-law was curious to try, I've talked so much about them). Other sister-in-law brought cheesecake/brownies.
We got Chinese takeout from a so-so place, but everybody was happy with it. For some reason, most of the Chinese places around here are gone, replaced by Thai or Japanese or something else.

So now they're gone, and I have a cleaned up house and a fridge full of leftover Chinese food! Win-win-win!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
MyrnaLynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 05:31 AM
Master Fan

ML that is a “ win win win”

That takes a lot of pressure off you that your in laws entertain themselves. At least it seems like that to me I’m sure it can be annoying sometimes too. All your deserts sounded wonderful! Always great to have the house cleaned up! I get satisfaction out of helping my girls clean but my house is another story. Just sick of the years of debris that needs to be dealt with plus I’m gone so much I just have time to do the necessary then I’m off again. Phases of life. I actually had more time to do house stuff when my kids lived home because then I was home too.

I’m waiting for Emily and Margot to wake up. I’ll have a couple more hours with them then off to PA then OC tomorrow. Can’t wait to get down and work on and see my track garden. Liz and her family there this weekend. She saw two rabbits in the garden but said there were lots of flowers and she put the rabbit repel stuff on for me.

Had a nice day with them yesterday..... went to their new house then took a walk to a park in that neighborhood then went to a bagel place near new house and an ice cream place. It will be SO nice to get to the new place. It is so “city” here. No real yard, dirty alley to squeeze two cars into, noisy traffic no nature. Not my cup of tea. I’m so grateful I never had to live in a city and have farmland around me or the ocean. Very very thankful but people seem to really want to live in cities because they pay a lot for the experience. I know a lot has to do with jobs of course but I would commute.

Last edited by podmom; 06-23-2019 at 05:37 AM
podmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 03:27 PM
Obsessed Fan

ML.....it appears your family visitors had a great time and the desserts sounded delicious.

PODMOM continues on her busy treadmill, fighting rabbits in her garden and keeping up with the young ones activities and actions.

We have just returned from a great family reunion. This is the only time each year I get to see my three nieces and their families. My three children all attended but not all of the grand kids were able to make it. Thank goodness for the parents sake they have graduated from college and have jobs. One grandson was able to fly in from DC and it's good he made it because he and his sister made sure the margarita machine keep going all weekend.
keepsmiling7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:42 AM
Master Fan

New house sounds much nicer. I don't know why people want to live al packed together! I wish we had more space and every window didn't look out at a neighbor! At least we have a driveway that holds two cars (just barely); parking is at such a premium around here. I never lived near the ocean or in real country, but the yards were all much bigger and you weren't staring into people's windows! (Or trying not to stare into their windows).

Yes, PodMom you are barely home to take in the mail! I am just more of a 'piler' than a 'filer' and piles and baskets of stuff accumulate over time. Little 'important' scraps of paper too. Yep 'years of debris' about covers it!

The house is staying fairly cleaned up (so far) too, at least the coffee table and dining room table. I swear every day I can't WAIT for the mail to come (and with the new person, it comes almost at suppertime, when you aren't interested in it any more) and then I spend the rest of the time tossing it out again, because it's 99% junk mail!

Poor Mr ML - he seems to be having Barbara's 'travelling pain' lately - after he hurt his knee, then he got the cough, then his back started hurting, and now his sciatica has kicked up again, from sitting around so much resting his knee (when he's usually so active). Oh well, his knee is definitely getting better, so maybe everything else will sort itself out.

Keepsmiling your family get-togethers are legendary! It's too bad most of the grandkids were busy - laughing at the margarita makers. Sounds like quite a party!

Oh I was happy to see those 'Jamber' coffee mugs are for sale to the public now - they have a big handle and a 'rest' at the bottom of the handle - good for people with neuropathy or other conditions that make it hard to hold a regular coffee mug. I wanted to get one for my Dad, but then they first made them, they were only selling to nursing homes and such.

Oh, I ordered replacement medals to go with Dad's flag from his funeral - Govt said they'd arrive between May 11 and June 11. Well June is almost over, and i went online to check and they said they'd shipped them June 3!!! Three weeks later, they still aren't here (and are probably not coming/lost or stolen?)
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 06-26-2019, 07:39 PM
Master Fan

keepsmiling I got a kick out of the margarita comment too ML is right your get togethers sounds legendary!

I have been off the treadmill and relaxing the last few days in NJ....felt really good!

ML

Glad your house is keeping relatively clean so far man I have the opposite reaction to the mail....just bills and papers to be put in a pile to some day get filed....more debris once in a while a card but so much junk mail too.

I hope MR ML feels better soon

I hope those medals turn up. Sometimes lost mail shows up all battered.

Back home tomorrow for a day or so.
Old 06-27-2019, 05:56 AM
Obsessed Fan

Oh boy, one of my favorite subjects.........JUNK MAIL. I collect our mail and go directly to the recycle barrel. If I let hubby get the mail he wants to open everything and leave it out for eternity. I pick out the bills and anything of importance (which isn't much) and drop off the junk mail unopened in the recycle barrel. That saves lots of steps in the long run.
Old 06-28-2019, 10:16 AM
Master Fan

LOL you are strict keepsmiling - I've joked I should attach a shredder right to the mail slot! But of course, there are those bills and few important letters or cards. I open everything just in case - one place mailed me a dollar bill to do some radio survey once! And then I throw it into a paper bag for recycling. And I like to glance through the mail order catalogs, as I do buy stuff from them (which is why I get a million of them). So I guess it's partly my own fault. And I like to shred anything like a credit card application or thing like that, because people sometimes pick, those out of the mail and send for a credit card in your name/steal your identity. Or so I've heard.

The mail used to come at 11 a.m. which was a great time, but lately it doesn't show up until almost suppertime, and by then, who feels like looking at the mail anymore?

Glad you are relaxing a bit,PodMom - you NEED it! You are always on the go, doing for others.

Thanks for the get well wishes for Mr ML. He's pretty much on the mend. He just painted the front porch and steps (shoveling scraped the paint off the steps). Now he's talking about putting new shingles on the front of the top porch and then painting them. He needs a project to do, and it's gotten too buggy for bird watching, plus the leaves are all full on the trees so he can't see the birds, plus wherever he goes, he's seen the birds that live there at this point, and he only wants to see different ones.

It's encouraging that the house behind us is almost renovated and the people should be moving in soon (have started moving things in), and the endless reno next to us (in our yard) is making progress - they are putting on the siding, so pretty soon, they should be OUT OF OUR YARD! I can't wait. And we've met the people who are moving in and they are an older couple and seem nice - PHEW, I was so worried he'd made it into 2 or 3 apartments and college students were moving in, and going to have noisy parties there all the time.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 07-01-2019, 02:10 PM
Master Fan

I've been subscxribing to US Weekly and Entertainment Weekly for years, hoping against hope that they'd have a picture of Jason Behr some day - See "Photos of our favorite guy" thread - Photo of Jason getting his haircut in Hollywood in US Weekly - Hey, it's not much, but at least it's something! A definite 'sighting'!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 07-01-2019, 03:55 PM
Obsessed Fan

ML........a picture of Jason getting his hair cut. I'd like to see that!

Decided to check another thread.......and there Jason was getting his hair trimed. Thanks ML for posting. Jason didn't look very happy though.
Old 07-02-2019, 05:28 PM
Master Fan

No, Jason looked very unhappy. He's not thrilled with the paparazzi thing - or maybe he just didn't like how his haircut was turning out! He has very 'unruly' hair and I think it must be very difficult to cut - lots of cowlicks going in different directions. His face looks red, too - sunburn, embarrassment, who knows?

The hot weather is here! And the humidity. I have both window ACs blowing today, and it's going to be hotter. Oh well, July - always 'hot as a firecracker'!

Oh Mr ML saw some little animal moving in the yard - he wasn't sure what it was, we were hoping it was nothing bad - baby bunnies! Baby bunny rabbits in our yard. Oh gosh, they are sooo cute!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 07-06-2019, 08:35 PM
Master Fan

We had a nice/unexpected 4th of July. Neighbor two houses over (on the other side of crazy gal's house, still being renovated) invited us over on 4th of July to their cookout/pool party (they have an above ground pool I have coveted from my back hall window for years, hanging out clothes on a hot day). We went; they invited Barbara my sister-in-law and she came too, also another neighbor, mother of one of my son's good friends on the street. I climbed up the ladder, stuck my legs in the pool - it was FREEZING cold! So much for wishes coming true! I got right out again. Had some hamburgers. Sat under their two giant shady trees. It was nice.

We went up to my daughter's apartment, which is on the 5th floor and has a balcony with 'firework views.' We went out for supper and then watched the Boston Pops concert and saw the local fireworks in the surrounding towns being shot off. We went out on the balcony to watch the fireworks, but the mosquitos found us in about 5 seconds! So we watched the rest from inside.

Hope everybody had a good holiday! (Those in the US, who had a holiday, that is).
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 07-07-2019, 06:28 AM
Obsessed Fan

Glad you had a good 4th of July.........ML That sounds like great fun.
My daughter was here with us, but I spent Thursday in the after hours clinic.......diagnosed with bronchitis. This is my first experience with that so I really don't know what I am dealing with.

I've got to start feeling better fast because my oldest grandson and his girlfriend are coming in tomorrow to celebrate his 30th birthday. We don't get to see them often so I am looking forward to Monday.
Old 07-08-2019, 04:58 PM
Master Fan

keepsmiling SO so sorry you are/were sick with bronchitis..... I so hope you got to be with grandson and family!!!!!

ML your fourth sounded lovely...well maybe not the cold pool lol but the rest.

Liz and family here...for the 4th.....my brothers son (the one in the midst of a divorce) we and his mom and her oldest gandaughter….and Josh
and 2 kids ( boy 4 girl 6) Liz rented a boat and asked Josh to drive and we went fishing....caught lots of flounder ...no keepers....have to be over 18" we got 2 17,",,,,,

Liz and fam left yesterday….podad today.....me...having time to clean and relax for a few days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-11-2019, 06:32 AM
Master Fan

Podmom so much family (sorry to hear about the divorce, those are hard). I've been watching a lot of those fish and game police shows on Animal Planet (North Woods Law, etc), so glad you are obeying the fishing laws! There are SO many rules and most people seem to know zero about them. Sounds like great fun!

Keepsmiling there is a rotten cold going around that has a terrible cough with it, sounds like you caught it. Mr ML was coughing for quite awhile and he gave it to me, and I coughed for awhile. Although the pollen was so heavy, it could have been that too. Hope you feel better soon!

Mlette is coming (and Barbara) and we're going down to have lunch with Mr ML's sister Vivian.

I'm still being driven to distraction by the work on the house next to me and behind me, although they are both inching toward completion. I was out in my side yard yesterday watering my rose bush, grape vine, flowers, and it looks like a wasteland of blasted earth, from all the workmen, ladders, plus them digging up the sandy/gritty subsoil for their egress window and spreading it all over my yard and stomping it down. I've called a surveyor to check the property line on that side, and I'm getting an estimate from a fence company next. And a 'no trespassing sign' to hang on my gate once they are FINALLY finished with the house next door. I never want anybody stepping into my yard without my permission, ever again.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Reply   Post New Thread