Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2018, 07:58 AM
Elite Fan

JOFS - (Jason’s Older Fans) ~ Anything Goes!

Hey ladies Sorry - time for a new thread!

Hope you and your families are all well.....crazy it’s nearly Christmas!!
Old 11-07-2018, 09:18 PM
Elite Fan

Ekua for starting up a new thread for us!!!!

Max and Liz who brought us all together

I go to Liz tomorrow till Friday afternoon. Tommy has a competition Saturday morning …... Ninja course...have you ever seen those Ninja Warrior obstacle courses it is a kid one of those.

So I won't be posting as much but I'll BB all
Old 11-09-2018, 05:55 AM
Total Fan

EKUA.........
Thanks for the new thread. We appreciate all that you do!
Old 11-09-2018, 12:08 PM
Total Fan

Forgot to mention I love the title here!
Old 11-11-2018, 12:10 AM
Elite Fan

You are welcome! Aww, you too. Very glad you are here with us

Haha really?! I struggled to think of one!
Old 11-12-2018, 04:51 PM
Elite Fan

I like the title too Ekua thanks again.

SO I lost a long post a while ago here I had to leave the computer and boom some update wiped it out.

Short version

I've gotten to know an Amish young woman. She is 20 and 2 months pregnant newly married and missing her family. She lives about 45 minutes car drive from her home but that is over 4 hours by buggy her husband and her have done that twice ( they have to change horses along the way with a relative or a friend) so of course they covet car rides. They can have land lines in their barns so she can call and ask for a ride. I finally was able to do it Saturday evening.

We had spent the day with Liz and family going to Tommy's American Ninja Warriors competition . If you've ever seen the TV show it is like that on a much smaller scale. Kids do a hard physical obstical course. He got 2nd place which was awesome. He got a plaque which he had to take into the restaurant we went to for lunch after. He qualifies for the next step in February if they choose to go to Connecticut.

Anyway back to the Amish story....Podad and I got to go into Esther's ( the young woman) familys house when we picked her up. It was really fascinating to be in their home and to hang out with them. Esther's mom is 43 has 11 children...10 girls and 1 boy and 3 grandchildren. We were in their large cozy kitchen lit by a huge floor lamp kind of heating thing and maybe other lights I didn't notice. Ive always thought their homes would be kind of like ours when the power goes out but it was very bright and cozy. Furnished with a big table with benches for the many children and a chair at either end. The little girls sat at the table and were just as fascinated with us as we were with them. They just sat and listened quietly to the grownups. Very different then our grandkids. Podad and the dad had a lot to talk about since podad can speak German and his ancesters are German and our last name is German so he said good evening in German when we went in ( they speak a form of GErman among themselves and English with us "English" Anyway they were way friendly and we hung out for over an hour and had a nice time.

believe it or not that was the short version

Old 11-12-2018, 05:16 PM
Master Fan

Wow Tommy is a Ninja warrior now (junior variety)! How fun for him! Kids just love that stuff. When we were in Montreal there was this big pirate ship (on land) and it had sort of a daredevil course with zip lines and swinging steps you had to walk over and such - we were watching them from a distance and it amazed me people did stuff like that, but they do.

How fascinating to go to an Amish house and visit, and handy PodDad speaks German too. I spent a weekend in Florida with one of my online friends from Austria and her family (also a long story) and she was the only one who spoke English - so she was translating for me and translating me for her family and I know a little German, but my brain was SO TIRED living in another language for a weekend!

We went today to switch our cable/phone/internet company. I got mad at the old one, (another long story) plus they kept raising the rates. I wish we'd done it sooner, because when the new company (Comcast) first came to our area (in September) it was $39 a month and they'd give you $300, then in Oct it was $49 a month - etc. Each month the price goes up and the perks go down (but this price is good for 2 years). Anyway, it's going to save over $1000 a year, plus we'll have DVR and other channels I've wanted but we don't get (like BBC America - I can see Dr Who!) Plus Tom is getting $100 gift card and $25 free on demand movies for being a veteran. Nice for Veteran's day!

Phone number will stay the same. BUT changing our email is going to be HUGE - I have so many accounts online to that email, it's our main email. It's easy enough to tell everybody we email with that we've changed, but all the other places.. Plus moving the address book and whatever we've stored in the email will be gone. Oh well.. change is good! Saving $2500 over two years, even better for us old retired folks.

Anyway, changing over after Thanksgiving! Hope it was a good decision!

Wen survived her ordeal and is recovering. Her heart looked, she didn't need stents.

Oh and now California is on fire. My brother is waiting to hear if he has to evacuate or not, my sister-in-law's lungs are very sensitive to smoke. At the Xfinity store, the guy put the TV on the Weather Channel and they were broadcasting from Simi Valley, which is my brother's town! It wasn't on fire (yet).

I think there is evil in people that is coming out more and more, especially in such an intolerant environment (fostered by Presidenet You Know Who). He is such a nasty piece of work, it amazes me his supporters can't see how bad he is.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 11-12-2018, 05:24 PM
Elite Fan

I have Comcast for ever and have been happy with it. I hope you got the remote you can talk into. I was resistant to change at first but I love it now. Ugg changing the email...that's why I still am on AOL. At least Emily made it so I don't pay years ago. It's like a badge of being old to still have AOL but oh well

Yea Tommy is really strong from all this stuff he is always doing. You should have seen him do the ring thing...2 rings that you hang from and have to move them to pegs...it was awesome. I'm gonna ask Liz if a can post it on FB if it isn't too long.

I've been emailing with Wen...I sent her one today to ask if she is near those horrific fires....I don't think she is. I hope your brother is oK! The poor people that have died in such an awful and painful way. It is a terrible thing to think about.
Old 11-13-2018, 04:40 PM
Total Fan

PODMOM.......your Amish experience was very interesting. And what a treat for you to be invited into their home. Congratulations to Tommy for his outstanding Ninja activities. Isn't it great that you get to share in these accomplishments?

ML.......glad your CA brother is safe so far from the terrible fires. That is so sad to see on TV. I knew one friend that had to evacuate her home for 5 days, but she came back to an intact house. Still lucky, so far.

WEN.......good to get a report on your heart problems. Keep up the good work.

It's cold here, and I still hate cold weather. Tonight is Bible Study, so I must bundle up. Take care everyone.
Old 11-18-2018, 06:20 PM
Total Fan

PODMOM........just saw the picture of your precious little Margot on FB. Things must have settled down in Emily's household as she looks very happy and healthy.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.......and happy preparation time!
Old 11-20-2018, 07:28 PM
Elite Fan

Hello ladies

Podmom I loved your new pics on Facebook! Grace singing the finger family song was so funny! And very cool what Tommy did! Strong boy!

Wishing you all a lovely thanksgiving It’s Loy Krathong here in Thailand. It’s a festival to give thanks to the goddess of water. People make lotus flower rafts and release them into the water, sometimes lanterns too. It’s beautiful.

Here is Jason’s gorgeous son trying to escape family photos!

Old 11-22-2018, 10:12 AM
Elite Fan

happy Loy Krathong Ekua thank you for posting that picture here for us!!!! I loved that video of GRace with those pupets too. She is a card...a little strong willed but she brings me such joy such a cute age 3.

So podad and I are in OC for thanksgiving. My kids are with their inlaws . Liz and her family are staying at an awesome event type hotel in Nashville ( where Walters family is) but they can't stay in the house because of Anna Lee's allergies ( they have a dog and cat) SO this hotel has a pool and an ice rink so the kids will be having fun there and seeing their 3 other cousins.

I baked 3 pies and cookies and going to make rice krispie treats next and then off to my brothers sons house for Tgiving dinner. It has been the first year in decades I think that I haven't made a turkey....I'm liking it

Podad and I took a walk to the beach a bit ago. Very sunny and pretty but really windy and cold!!!!

ML,keepsmiling and Wen wishing you and yours a very...

Old 11-25-2018, 07:39 AM
Elite Fan

new pic...posting one here...another new one on JBs pic thread....hope you guys had a nice Tgiving!

Old 11-25-2018, 07:49 AM
Total Fan

Great new JB pictures......thanks for posting.
Old 11-25-2018, 02:28 PM
Elite Fan

you're welcome