Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2019, 12:20 PM
Elite Fan

Bumping this!

Hope you lovely ladies are all well and enjoying the holidays!
Old 12-29-2019, 02:26 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the bump! Enjoying so much! Last night of Hanukah. We took Mlette and her boyfriend out for lunch, checked out a going-out-of-business comic book store and browsed through a pet shop (we have no pets anymore, sad to say). They are watching the football game for awhile, waiting for sundown (and Barbara to arrive for her tea).

Have you seen the new wee baby yet? I bet he's very cute.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 12-29-2019, 03:32 PM
Total Fan

ML......sounds like you had a good Hanukkah celebration and lots of quality family time.
Hubby's youngest daughter and family of 5 just left......cooked lots of food but enjoyed seeing the grandchildren. One granddaughter from MI is due back here after her trip to Spain with her in-laws. Can't wait to hear about her Christmas there. My youngest son and his family won't be here until Jan. 11th. They had conflicts until then, but we'll celebrate his birthday too while he is here.
Old 12-29-2019, 09:03 PM
Master Fan

Jan 11 is my husband's birthday! :> (We always get him some birthday gifts while holiday shopping and put them again for a few weeks.) Sounds like you had a lot of company keepsmiling. I admire you and Podmom so much, for your hosting and cooking and family entertaining skills. Such nice big families.

Here I am with my sloth and llama mug (and sloth pendant). Hope pic isn't too huge..

Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 12-29-2019, 09:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

You have a sloth? That is so cool.
Emily
Old 12-29-2019, 09:56 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Today is December 30th and you know what that means Happy Birthday Jason Behr! Wishing you much success and happiness always!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 12-31-2019, 09:47 PM
Elite Fan

Love the pic ML

Glad you had more fun family time keepsmiling

Hi Barstool and Ros10 and EkuaI'm old so just here in OC watching TV about to walk to the beach so I can see the fireworks they set off at 12

wishing my good JOF buddies a

Old 01-01-2020, 08:48 AM
Master Fan

Happy New Year, JOFs and JITs and all FF friends!

LOL, I don't have a REAL sloth BP, that would be pretty strange and probably messy (just a sloth necklace, a sloth-and-llama mug) and I got a 'Slotherine' tshirt too - It's a sloth, posing with his claws out like Wolverine. Very funny!

Sloth is one of my latest spirit animals, as I am equally old and slow these days... Our eyes are kind of similar too.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 01-01-2020, 10:31 AM
Elite Fan

happy you survived new years eve day ML yea we are old....don't love most of the music and that poor guy with the tats all over his neck and face...what I did listen to of his music it didn't seem to go with the tat image....Ryan was trying hard to make it seem wonderful...he didn't have much to work with...the celebs were people of few words ….poor Ryan I actually really like him though. He is upbeat and positive and we sure need a little of that these days.

remember this weird eppie….

I'm packing up the computer....trying to decide if I want to see the crazy people do the polar bear plunge into the ocean....we see it on the local news every year but I have never actually gone to the boardwalk to check it out....we will see....
Old 01-01-2020, 04:54 PM
Total Fan

Happy New Years everyone.

PODMOM.......we had a polar bear plunge here in Austin. I didn't participate. Hubby and I were in bed early last night, still recovering from lots of company. This hotel shut down early.

ML......think I remember that MrML's birthday is Jan. 11. So is my youngest son's. So he has delayed his Christmas visit and will come down to celebrate that with us. My oldest son's birthday is Jan. 7........not good planning, huh? We are going out to eat for his celebration. I'm very tired of cooking, cleaning up and changing sheets.

But my attitude will improve after a day or two.

Any news from WEN?
Old 01-01-2020, 05:54 PM
Master Fan

Yes Poddy, Post Malone. His music isn't bad - we heard some on the radio today. I told Mr ML that was the guy with the tattoed face and pink outfit at New Year's eve (lol). I think a person must have a lot of self-hatred/issues, to tattoo all over his face (it's usually a him).

I like Ryan Seacrest too, and he was trying very hard. And at least they didn't have Jenny McCarthy this year, had that dark haired girl with giant eyes who looked like a vampire - He's upbeat and hard working and pleasant - Mr ML couldn't get over how short he was, even shorter than the KPOP Korean boys. He dated Julianne Hough from DWTS briefly - they had being short and blond in common, I think - and talented and ambitious. (didn't work out! lol) He's doing the Kelly Rippa show now, as cohost (plus several radio shows and host gigs - very hard working).

I think I'm pretty much 'over' New Year's eve! We don't drink, we don't go out and party, we don't go to any of the "First Night" things (which of course, are actually Last Nights). I've sat home my entire life, watching the stupid ball fall down in NYC (as a kid, while my parents went out to parties) and I am over it! We tried going out to a fancy party at a hotel one year along with his brother and wife and some friends, with a party, a room, breakfast after - meh.

There's a polar plunge in Boston too. One of Tom's (energetic) cousins does it every year. Brrrr! At least it's not that cold right now up here (above freezing is 'not that cold')

Good memory, Keepsmiling! Yes, Mr ML has a birthday coming up. My nephew's 4 year old has the same birthday too! That's nice your youngest son is coming to have his birthday with you. My son is turning 40 in the fall and he wants to 'do something' together to celebrate - need to put on our 'thinking caps'! You have cooked and cleaned and entertained your (loving) fingers to the bone already for your family - yes, eat out!

We ate out with my Star Trek fan lady friends - known each other almost 40 years, I was pregnant with Mlette when we met. The two of them turn 75 this year. MLette and her BF came, my friend's old (90ish) husband. We had Chinese food, it was a nice day. Talked books and movies and TV shows.

Wen is doing okay, I think; still struggling with this medical thing and the next. Her daughter has been working during the Christmas rush at a factory she worked at last year, but now they are about to lay her off again. That stinks, being hired when they need you, work them like slaves, kick them to the curb in the New Year. Her nephew had a new baby girl. Lots of new babies in that family.

And Belated Happy Birthday to Jason Behr, Dec 30 Sorry we didn't shout out the day sooner (it's on my calendar, I have no excuse).
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 01-03-2020, 12:55 PM
Elite Fan

Old 01-04-2020, 06:09 PM
Master Fan

Rainy and gloomy here, but that means it's too warm to snow, so happy about that!

MLette is coming to watch the Golden Globes tomorrow; I think Ricky Gervais is hosting again, not a fan, but we like a good award show. I read they are serving all vegan food for it this year!

New year off to a quiet start - a lot to take in, new month, new year, new week, new decade!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 01-07-2020, 04:36 PM
Total Fan

One granddaughter left today, and Friday the last of our birthday/Christmas celebrations begin.
Tomorrow lots of sheets will be changed and towels will be washed. Oh yes, and back to the grocery store again, again.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 01-09-2020, 05:43 AM
Elite Fan

Hey lovely ladies
Closed Thread   Post New Thread