Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2016, 12:30 PM
Master Fan

JOFs: January 2016

Starting a new thread in the New Year!

Welcome all to the JOFs (Jason's older fans) thread and welcome to all JITs (Jason's fans in training, who aren't that old)

We're old and lost track of the thread numbers long ago... thought I'd start to date them

JOFs..... waiting and hoping for a brand new Jason movie/TV show... hey anything!!

We are Jasons older fans

6th Rock ~ Washington
AntarianFemale ~ Croatia
Alien Mom ~ California
Alien Dawn ~ Las Vegas
BehrBewitched - Maryland
Behrfanny ~ Louisiana
BehrApple ~ Washington
Behry Nice ~ New Jersey
BehrlyAntarian ~ Canada
Butterflybehr ~ Australia
Cheriedreams ~ California
CosmicDream ~ Oregon
EccentricOne ~ Wisconsin
Eyes-Only4-Behr ~ California
FondaRoswell ~ Indiana
Hoodie ~ Illinois
IrishEyes ~ Pennsylvania
Jason's Angel~ Connecticut
Jean Hayward ~ Mass
Jero ~ Illinois
June R ~ UK
keepsmiling7 ~ Texas
Kinsey ~ Texas
Lisa Dawn ~ Atlanta, Ga
LongTimeFan ~ Ohio
Lori ~ Texas
LTL ~ Maryland
Luvbehr ~ Arizona
Lynxbehr ~ Houston Texas
Mamasita ~ Ontario,(Canada)
MaxiBehr ~ Muscat,Oman
MonicaAnn ~ Oregon
Mrs. Bear ~ California
MyrnaLynne ~ Mass
Podmom ~ Pennsylvania
Podwatcher ~ Nebraska
Sarah (aka Maggie) ~ Quebec (Canada)
Scottie~ Maryland
Settled ~ California
Sirio ~ Roma Italy
Shilohaura ~ Indiana
SilverFox ~ California
Tanya 7496 ~ Oklahoma
TexasRed ~ Texas
TigerEyes ~ Wisconsin
Tumble ~ (BC)Canada
UKSpaceGirl ~ London
Vicki~ LasVegas
WenLuvsJB ~ California
Wildbehr ~ Florida
Wildsphinx ~ S.Carolina
visiting poet ~ Noseedough

** As our Roswell poet laureate Noseedough so eloquently described us...**

...JOFs...

Jason's Older Fans...

the Oogy Lady Clan..
emitting constant sighs..
by Jason..hypnotized...
seems they can't relax...
too hyped up over Max...
forget Oblivion...
there's 'Shooting Livien'...
and there's Even After...
Sherman Oak's for laughter...
and as we know so well...
there's always our Roswell

And don't forget the JITS! (JOFS in training) :

Mezzi-NSW, Australia
Danie-VIC, Australia
Ekua-Edinburgh, Scotland
Sarz-VIC, Australia
Kender-NSW, Australia
VeronicB-Israel
Mar -DC USA
RoswellGirl67 -Virginia USA
gabi London, England

We were talking about 'Downton Abbey' end of last thread...

Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan

Last edited by MyrnaLynne; 01-25-2016 at 08:17 AM
Old 01-21-2016, 12:35 PM
Master Fan

And here he is, in case we forgot what he looks like...
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 01-21-2016, 01:14 PM
Elite Fan

Oh yea I remember him

ML for the new thread!! I like the sleek no nonsense yet informational title

maybe 2016 will be the year Jason is back on screen...never say never

Old 01-21-2016, 06:24 PM
Total Fan

great new thread ML and great graphics PODMOM!
Old 01-22-2016, 09:54 AM
Elite Fan

and keepsmiling

So my Emily lives in DC and is away in Vermont with the fiancé and friends skiing this weekend . Headed back to DC Sunday to over 2 ft of snow and ice....so there won't be a place to park or probably power....I so hope their pipes don't freeze and burst ... like ML says worry worry
Old 01-23-2016, 12:18 PM
Elite Fan

dropping off pix of the blizzard here as well as the behr cave

how are you making out ML

here are some pictures of the blizzard of 2016...that is what it all over the news ..they love this stuff.

these pix are from this morning at the halfway mark.... me and podad shoveling( mostly me..he did some too but he was on the plow) it is supposed to snow through late tonight into the morning

view up front yard to cul de sac and my van which we can't fit into the too full garage this is before I cleaned it off....got the first foot off so it won't be 2 ft worth to clean...podad plowed and neighbor plowed the cul de sac and the other neighbors long drive .... to get a start on tomorrow

14in this morning...suppsed to go to 20-24

pic from 2nd floor looking at podad( red coat) and neighbor down the hill...we share a driveway...plowing away

our deck from the 2nd floor...I don't know if you can see the woodpecker on the suet cage?

table on deck showing first round of snow...I've since knocked that off

my front door which I had just shoveled

picture of lights and snow from some other snow storm

and yet a another lesser storm 2014 when it wasn't actually snowing

ok that might have been too many but thought you might like to get a first hand account of the blizzard.

bad new for me our beach house on the New Jersey shore is getting flooded....my neighbor is riding out the storm and giving me updates.....plus it is on the news 24/7 here so lots of shots of my beach town and the flooded streets and stuff.....we'll know after tomorrow how bad...just hoping it doesn't get into the house ...the wash room ( where the washer and drier is is flooded but I don't know yet if it got high enough to get into the machines...we had put them up on cinder blocks after hurricane Sandy.
Old 01-23-2016, 12:34 PM
Master Fan

Wow, I saw that PA/DC/VA are getting wolloped with snow! My friend in Virginia had 2 feet of snow up the French glass doors to her deck

It only started flurrying here an hour ago, and it's not supposed to be bad at all.

Oh I heard about 'coastal flooding' too but I didn't think about your poor Haven! You just had to fix everything after Hurricane Sandy! I hope your washing machine etc remain abve the water! What an awful thing.

It's good PodDad and his neighbor both have plows - that's a lot of driveway and road to clear!

I ran out this morning for milk (realized mine was on the edge) and to mail a package of books to my son and mail a bill and now I'm 'hunkering down.'

Just discovered a wonderful baking site, breadworld.com (put up by the Fleishman yeast company), and am trying a recipe for molasses oatmeal yeast rolls. They are on the second rise at the moment. They looked like they might be like the tasty dark/sweet bread loaf they give you at the Outback restaurant with your meals.

I didn't bring any work home this weekend, thinking Mlette would be over, but she's not coming until tomorrow. Plans with her friends, that's good! Oh well... I worked the whole 3-day weekend last week, decided I'd take 2 days off! What a concept! Even though the deadline is looming...

So strange Em would have more snow at home in DC than up in Vermont!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 01-23-2016, 12:52 PM
Elite Fan

yea the Haven is in trouble yet again and so soon I'm even more concerned for my 2 neighbors on either side. Both single mothers one has a 7 yr old the other has 3 kids...one is the poor little girl that had a brain tumor years ago if you can remember that she survived but is compromised in many ways anyway they are riding out the storm. That is good for me because I have gotten updates but I'm worried for them. Big prayer is the next high tide at 7:13 pm doesn't go higher than the morning one did. Those girls foolishly didn't move their cars to higher ground a couple of blocks away. So dumb. I talked to Lisa today and she sounded very upset while she told me of the damage done and how high the water was...high but not up to the doors yet but maybe into the ducts again we won't know till we go down. I so so hope we get to tear it down and rebuild because we will be up WAY higher so this won't be a problem. Seems to me global warming is real and has been causing more severe weather for several years in a row lately.

Those rolls sound yummy! I love molasses

Glad Mlette is busy with young ppl and the potential new BF
Old 01-23-2016, 07:28 PM
Total Fan

WOW.....PODMOM........that's a lot of snow. You have a beautiful home, but I'm sorry to hear about your Haven. Have you been able to check it out yet? My prayers are with you, sure hope you don't lose your power.

ML......how is your home? Are you missing some of this? I was complaining because our high temperature was only in the 50's, so I'll shut up. I like warm/hot weather as you can imagine. Hope all of your families are doing okay.
Old 01-23-2016, 08:34 PM
Elite Fan

thanks keepsmiling prayers are a big help and thanks about my house in PA too...we love it here in the country.

if you stick with this clip through the PA part it has a lot more shots of OC

http://6abc.com/weather/blizzard-pou...oding/1171033/

another small clip from the news about OC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gINq5ja2_hQ

this is Stone Harbor a couple cities south

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChRx5gkIagY

Last edited by podmom; 01-23-2016 at 08:41 PM
Old 01-24-2016, 07:01 AM
Total Fan

PODMOM......those are amazing clips. Thank you! We don't get all of that info here........matter of fact a marathon is running through our neighborhood right now. They have us blocked in and we can't get out to go to church. I have complained in the past, but it appears we must be the only ones in the neighborhood that go to church on Sunday morning.

I am now home from taking care of Jay in Houston. He's had a bad reaction to the chemo pills he is taking along with the radiation. One more week of radiation for him and his mother came in to take over. Tuesday my hubby has his hip replacement surgery. He is getting very nervous right now. He had a lovely lady from Home Care while I was away. Hubby said she was very nice but she talked too much.
Old 01-24-2016, 09:40 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks keepsmiling glad you enjoyed them

Yikes I can't imagine that a marathon can prevent people from "escaping" rheir neighborhood. Wow...sadly you might be the only people in your neighborhood that go to church. Gone are the days where most people attended church.

I'm glad Jays mom is taking over and giving you a break especially since your husband is getting his surgery Tuesday. I would be nervous too! That is quite an operation but very helpful and necessary. I'll be praying for a good outcome and for strength and patience for you How is your daughter feeling physically?

keepsmiling here a lovely little video with beautiful pix and soothing music and that scripture to calm and to lift you(and us all) up from Psalm 121

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70_DcSEwMjw

I had a text from my OC neaighbor...it looks like the water didn't go into her actual house....which means it probably didn't go into mine either so that is a relief. Just have to deal with the washroom whenever we can get down there.
Old 01-24-2016, 04:20 PM
Master Fan

Hi keepsmiling, we got more than I expected, as they said 1-3 inches of snow and it was more like 4-6, but can't complain when people got 2 and 3 and 4 FEET of snow! Still, I had to shovel and Mr ML had to shovel and it's a big white mess of snow.

Wow Podmom that frigid water ocean water running in the streets is pretty terrible. I hope you Haven didn't get too much damage. Stupid of those girls not to move their cars to higher ground, but at least it sounds like they're okay.

It's been very cold in the South, 40s and 50s in Texas and Florida - which is nice weather for us in winter, but very cold for you'all.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 01-25-2016, 08:13 AM
Elite Fan

what I am hoping is that this cold weather is the continuation of El Nino and that Emily's July 16th wedding is like last summer ( the past few summers have been less brutally hot because of El Nino) and her day will be not horrible but just in the 8os which will be hard enough for me
Old 01-25-2016, 04:44 PM
Total Fan

PODMOM......thank you for the scripture with beautiful pictures. Yes, we've turned all of our family problems over to the Lord. He will see us through.

ML......so you did get snow after all. Are you expecting more or has it passed?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread