Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2004, 11:38 AM
Master Fan

JOF#19 - Icypole that gives us shivers...

JOFs # 19 - We love our tall slim Mr Behr (although nobody would mistake him for an icypole - that's popsicle for those not in Australia!)

Hope it's okay to start the new thread, as Sarzy closed the old one but in her medicated coldy state, forgot to start a new one!

We're over 30 and proud to say that we're in love and obsessed with a younger man...Jason Behr!
We proudly show our names.
6th Rock ~ Washington
AntarianFemale ~ Croatia
Alien Mom ~ California
Alien Dawn ~ Las Vegas
Behrfanny ~ Louisiana
BehrApple ~ Washington
Behry Nice ~ New Jersey
BehrlyAntarian ~ Canada
Butterflybehr ~ Australia
Cheriedreams ~ California
CosmicDream ~ Oregon
EccentricOne ~ Wisconsin
Eyes-Only4-Behr ~ California
FondaRoswell ~ Indiana
Hoodie ~ Illinois
IrishEyes ~ Pennsylvania
Jason's Angel~ Connecticut
Jean Hayward ~ Mass
Jero ~ Illinois
June R ~ UK
Kinsey ~ Texas
LongTimeFan ~ Ohio
Lori ~ Texas
LTL ~ Maryland
Luvbehr ~ Arizona
Lynxbehr ~ Houston Texas
Mamasita ~ Ontario,(Canada)
MaxiBehr ~ Muscat,Oman
MonicaAnn ~ Oregon
Mrs. Bear ~ California
MyrnaLynne ~ Mass
Podmom ~ Pennsylvania
Podwatcher ~ Nebraska
Sarah ~ Quebec (Canada)
Settled ~ California
Shilohaura ~ Indiana
SilverFox ~ California
TexasRed ~ Texas
TigerEyes ~ Wisconsin
Tumble ~ (BC)Canada
UKSpaceGirl ~ London
Vicki~ LasVegas
WenLuvsJB ~ California
Wildbehr ~ Florida
Wildsphinx ~ S.Carolina
visiting poet ~ Noseedough

** As Noseedough so eloquently described us...and I quote**

...JOFs...

Jason's Older Fans...
the Oogy Lady Clan...
emitting constant sighs...
by Jason..hypnotized...
seems they can't relax...
too hyped up over Max...
forget Oblivion...
there's 'Shooting Livien'...
and there's Even After...
Sherman Oak's for laughter...
and as we know so well...
there's always our Roswell

Hello... are you one of my Older Fans?

Age is no requirement to post here, however - just love of Jason and a desire to chat about this and that!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan

Last edited by MyrnaLynne; 06-11-2004 at 01:16 PM
Old 06-11-2004, 11:42 AM
Master Fan

Dani "icypole" - oh I have never heard this and I just love it - much more descriptive and fun to say that 'popsicle.'

Mr ML's mum, whose family had UK roots, used the term 'bum' - I like that one very much. Also the 'Outback Steakhouse' has these catchy mock Australian advertising songs on the radio, and the one for taking Mum out to eat there for Mother's Day has the line ".... Mum/Even though she whacked us on the bum/Mums the word, the word we love is Mum." :>

Maggie Very interesting that the snooty French who hate the tiniest fragment of English slipping into their language call cameras 'kodak's.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 06-11-2004, 05:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

Even though, I more than qualify to be a 'JOF', I've never been in a 'JOF' thread before. But the 'icypole' title lured me in. Glad to know what an 'icypole is now. . . You don't even want to know what I was thinking!
Old 06-11-2004, 06:03 PM
Master Fan

I thought it would stir up some interest!

Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 06-11-2004, 10:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

I saw this and read ICKYPOLE!!!

Good to know what they're called Down Under!!

J
Old 06-12-2004, 08:04 AM
Addicted Fan

I deliberately left the starting of the thread to one of the authentic JOFs, rather than me, the tricky little JIT (JOF in Training) starting one!

Great title ML! For the record, raspberry lemonade flavoured Icypoles ROCK! There is actually an Icypole brand, as well as it being the general name for all iced confections.

It's funny that Aussies know so much about American and U.Kisms thru music, tv and books, including the vernacular, and yet many Ozisms are unknown to you guys. Just another piece of useless info for you guys, those little square juice box thingies are called PRIMAS here.

Now you'll never go thristy in Australia, coz you'll know what to ask for!

Am feeling a little better today, by cough has been downgraded to a pathetic hack, and my sniffles have almost dried up! The rash is still present though--I so itchy!
Old 06-12-2004, 04:46 PM
Master Fan

Mmm, if I ever get to Oz, first thing I'm ordering is a raspberry lemonade icypole!

LOL, I've been saying 'icypole' all weekend! :>

I was looking through a vegetarian recipe book today (MLette is a vegetarian) and I realized it was printed in the UK (although it helpfully has US measurements and temps in parenthesis, and also the mystifying "Gas 6-7" temp setting).

I knew eggplants were called 'aubergines' there, and green/red peppers were called 'capiscums' but I never knew zucchini were known as 'courgettes'! Makes them sound like brave little vegetables!

And is 'caster sugar' the same stuff as regular granulated white sugar we have over here, or something else?

Glad it was okay to start the new thread (although I forgot the 's' in JOFs in the title). Don't want to step on any toes or accidentally defy any mysterious FF thread protocols!

Glad our little JIT is feeling a bit better. Sorry about the itchy rash, though!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 06-12-2004, 10:46 PM
Addicted Fan

Courgettes makes zucchini sound glamourous and somewhat gourmet, when we all know that zucchinis taste like CRAP.

Caster Sugar is highly refined white granulated sugar. It's halfway between Icing Sugar (That you would use to make frosting with) and normal white sugar.

The rash on my legs looks hilarious, I look like I have leprosy--Obviously I'm not supposed to scratch but I can't help it. If no one is looking i scratch like crazy!
Old 06-13-2004, 02:48 AM
Extreme Fan

Hello JOFs!

It's JIT #2 here (I think the number #1 must go to Sarzy) and I have happily survived my trip interstate - just. Read my report in the KBs if you're interested in the hi-jinks of the Treg family.

ICYPOLE! What a classic!

Being in Queensland, I have picked up for Oz-isms to share -

Bottle-o - Liquor store, off-licence, place to buy booze
Servo - service station where you buy gas and petrol (we hardly use the term 'gas' here as no one has it in their cars!)

Weird place it is.

Gonna go have my tropical flavoured Prima now...
Old 06-13-2004, 06:54 AM
Master Fan

Oh I think we might have caster sugar here; it's called 'super-fine
sugar.' Thanks for the translation, sarzy! Yes, courgettes sound like coquettish little beauty queens, whereas every gardner grows way too many zucchinis and at the end of the summer tries to generously pass them off to their neighbors, who hide in their houses so as not to have to figure out any zucchini recipes for squashes the size of small baseball bats! LOL!

My poor brother-in-law, rest his soul, when he first tried his hand at gardening, he thought the point was the bigger the zucchini, the better it was! He could have kept the Red Sox supplied with bats!

Welcome home from your airplane adventure JIT #2, Danie. Just read your tale of travel (and impending 4th marriage for Dad! EEK!) over at the KB's thread.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 06-13-2004, 07:35 AM
Extreme Fan

Wow! I'm getting a fun education! How fun to learn OZ-speak. And I must admit the icypole thing made me want to find out what the heck you all were talking about in here! Ya got me ML! The raspberry lemonade ones sound yummy!

My, and I thought I had a hard time understanding the people when I went to Boston one time! Good to know all this fun vocabulary before I make my (in my dreams) Lord of the Rings tour to the lands down under. I don't know if I could eat a courgette - sounds much too refined for this regular zucchini girl.

It looks like we are doing our part here on the board to improve our American knowledge of Australian vocabulary / culture!

Oh, and my friend who teaches social studies at my school always keeps this poster in her classroom of what the world would look like if we turned all the world maps upside down. Who decided that the U.S. and Europe should be on the top?

Sounds like you're feeling a little better, Sarzy, our poor sicky mod! Gotta call Dr. Behr, as he's excellent at healing nasty rashes!
Old 06-13-2004, 08:25 AM
Addicted Fan

Edited the title to say JOFs, ML.

Well I'm feeling much better today, went and had the best therapy possible, the retail kind, and came home with a snazzy new navy blue velour tracksuit, ala J.Lo. My ass looks huge in it and I feel like getting married, so i feel it really embodies the very essence of Miss .Lo.

Also slathered my battered bod in Chalamine (Is that how it's spelled? Doesnt look right. *shrugs* ) Lotion and the red dots have gone down, Thank Jason.

Still, a visit from Dr. Behr would be MUCH appreciated, if any of our lovely JOF nurses could arrange it...

Hoodie, it's funny you should mention the U.S and Europe being on the top, cos when I went to see The Day After 2moro, and Dennis Quaid was extrapolating on the world ending etc etc, they showed a map of the world, and what the supposed new Global Warming crisis was gonna do, and you know, nothing happened to Australia or New Zealand. It would appear that during a time of global climatic crisis, all Europeans and Americans are screwed, and those of us Down Under won't even know what's going on... I love that in disaster movies, or alien invasions, you poor Yankies are the first to go, and yet Australia seems too far away to bother! Awww c'mon, it's only 16 hours from Sydney to L.A!

Oh, and when you flush the toilet in Oz, the water goes down backwards apparently....
Old 06-13-2004, 08:48 AM
Supreme Fan

Dr Behr is busy tending to others right now but he sent Evil Dr Behr in his place. His methods are a little more on the expiremental side, but he should get the job done, Sarzy!

Hope you are starting to feel better and less itchy!
Old 06-13-2004, 08:57 PM
Elite Fan

Look it's our little JITs Sarz and Danie cheering on the new thread with their icypoles ......

*random kids of no known relation..pulled off the web

Way to go ML luring in the curious of all persuations to the JOF thread of fun and delight!! We'll have to keep using tantilizing Aussie words in our titles

glad to see Sarz is on the mend........and despite being subjected to Dr.Phil.......way to hang tough!! What was with the rash? You guys must have an exotic kinda flu.......happy you're enjoying your *blue swede yearning for wedded bliss ghetto booty suit* and we all thought the cure was plenty of fluids and rest.....so much for that!

ML I just made some zuchinni bread .......I love it........man was I doing some cooking and cleaning etc this past week......the graduation went very well the small family dinner was great if I don't say so myself ......and Elizabeth and Andy made it in the nick of time to the ceramony(she had had 2 job interviews in DC and was running late but just made it......interesting sidebar......while she was in the lobby of her hotel......preparing for the interviews Michael Reagans 26 yr old kid sat next to her *he's the one with the real close buzz cut if anyone watched the funeral* anyway evidently he is a problem cause Liz said he was carrying on and the father(Reagans adopted son) kept trying to cajole him to leave with him and the reason Liz knew he is 26 is cause the father said something kind of to the ppl there something about the kids being 26 and still acting like this.......sad.....stressful time. This is the first time I've had a second.......Em and her friends are downstairs and I have a turn here ..............I really do like her friends and we've been going to grad parties and it's been fun taking tons of pix and just seeing all the kids together.....Ems big party will be the 25th ......I've already started on the *shrine* of pix ......I also had 2 poster size blow ups of 2 great pix so it will be fun to riminice while getting that together.

Danie I'll be going to check on your QL trip post haste!

Hoodie,BD2 and Azucarbehr Don't just stop by when you see interesting Poleness going on .......come on back now..ya hear!

maggie you artistic genious(and debutant.......I remember that young Maggie pic you posted a while back.....very Grace Kelly ........glad you showed that twit you had beauty and spot drawing talent to spare

well I'm off to see if anything new JB wise has happened...like maybe that pic ML posted....I've never seen that before......Ta Ta for now
Old 06-13-2004, 09:04 PM
Supreme Fan

podmom! I had to look at that picture twice. I thought they wereholding something else!

Been reading too much fic!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread