Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2015, 12:58 PM
Master Fan

keepsmiling you are an inspiration, having two such long marriages. Maybe you can tuck current hubby over on the other side?

Office mate just told me about this really different funeral she went to for her little old Italian aunt - the cemetery in FL has little areas for each person and they are decorated according to the person's interests - her aunt liked wine, so there were marble grapes and a wine barrel headstone and a bench to sit on (and drink wine). So they drank wine and ate canolis at the funeral! Different! They don't even call it a cemetery, it's a 'Life Event Center' - yep, your last 'life event'!

Hm, 80th birthday party. We're not very creative. Usually go out to eat and have cake/cards/gifts back at home. Will family be travelling to come for his big birthday? Is there anything he's interested in/enjoys?

PodMom enjoy the OC, crammed into the tiny house. We always only have one bathroom - my husband grew up with 12 people in the family and one bathroom. You learn how to share (and be quick!) LOL! I think those people on HGTV, husband and wives who get ready at the same time, in the same bathroom, are so funny, and how they 'need' to have double sinks/vanities - haven't they ever heard about 'taking turns'? There isn't room in our bathroom for more than one person to get ready at a time.

YAY, me! I just sent off the last article for the Fall issue, ahead of the deadline on Monday. So I don't have anything hanging over me this weekend. Mlette and I are going to Canobie Lake park, an old-timey amusement park in New Hampshire. They have enough non-terrifying things for chickens like me to do, like a train ride, a boat ride on the lake, a carousel, and a log flume that isn't too too scary. The weather is supposed to be nice/coolish too. Oh gosh, aside from that near hurricane the other day, our weather has been SO BEAUTIFUL lately. We just sat out on the porch and went AHHHHhh. House cooled down to below 80 finally (and felt chilly). It's so funny how all this stuff is relative. After our house got up to 88, when it went back down to 83, it felt 'cool'! And now that it's back to 76, it feels 'cold'!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 08-07-2015, 08:29 PM
Elite Fan

didn't get a chance to post this that I wrote this morning...night night

76 never ever feels cool to me ML wish it did.

I am sitting now in an air conditioned house with a personal fan headed at me face

way busy day yesterday. PAcked up and finished cleaning for sis and bro inlaw to be at my PA house.

More communicating scanning, calling Medicaid lady and moms bank here in OC....stop off at Costco on the way....drive 2 hrs... unpack....run to bank in OC to pick up copies of canceled checks I need to scan.....go to hardware store to see if I can find an outside umbrella type clothes line to replace the one that finally broke and fell down.....go to grocery store to stock up for all the pps..... then weed and deadhead and water my poor plants that upstairs neighbor didn't really seem to water much.....comos all dead except one struggling to survive. then clean clean clean and do tons of wash from when Liz and the other couple with little kids were here and were the last ones here. In between cook dinner ..eat.....back to cleaning and just got done 1/2 an hour before EMily and RObbie got here around midnight. Gave them some of the Choc ccccccchipo cookies I made to bring with mill....went to bed and read for awhile and up and off to the bakery. Now raining as bad as feared here today and hopefully it's going to be sunny tomorrow.

Em and Robbie strolling down town while I finish washing the sheets and making 3 more beds after this. RObbie has a cold Liz won't like that.

My brother came while we were enjoying breakfast on the porch ( well the kids were eating) had a nice visit ( my brother is very very entertaining story teller and funny :

checking in here as well as emails with the Medicaid lady.

I better scoot but wanted to say hi.

Glas you are having fun with Mlette ML I will ponder the 80th ideas keepsmil

hey Wen

night
Old 08-08-2015, 05:36 AM
Total Fan

PODMOM.........I'm exhausted after reading about your day. When will you get to put your feet up and rest??
Old 08-09-2015, 01:21 AM
Addicted Fan

Hi Everyone!

Keepsmiling, For MOTHER'S 80th Birthday, we just Celebrated it just as that... An 80th Birthday Party! LOL! She really enjoyed all of the fan fair just for her! We got her a tiara that even had the number 80 on it! LOL!
Here are some pictures from her Party...

Ready for the Sparkling Cider!

This is what the kids call her...

The Birthday Girl!

This is the Birthday Girl with her Sister!

Poddy, I hope you have a chance to relax and enjoy your family! You Poor Dear working sooo hard!!! I hope the weather gets better and the Sun comes out for you too! Enjoy your Wonderful Family!

MyrnaLynne, I hope you had a Wonderful Time with MLette at the Amusement Park! Nice that you can go at your own pace, and enjoy the day together.

I hope Everyone is having a Wonderful Weekend!

I'll be visiting MOTHER in the Rehab Facility like usual. Altho' they've moved her to the 3rd floor from the 1st floor! I wasn't too happy about that, but they explained that she's not critical care any longer, and 1st floor is reserved for critical care, where as the 3rd floor is for long term care. But she doesn't seem to mind it, and they are nice to her up there, so far so good thankfully.

Biggest Hugs to All,
Wen
JB's Obsessed Fan#64
( I LOVE JASON BEHR!!!)
"God never gives you more than you can handle.
I just wish He didn't have so much Trust in me."
...Mother Theresa
Old 08-09-2015, 05:41 AM
Total Fan

WEN.......thanks for the birthday pictures of your mother. Maybe that will get me inspired and busy. We have 5 children and their spouses between us and 12 grandchildren and one great. None of these family members live anywhere near us. So that means that they will be coming from all directions and need places to stay. We don't have room for all of them.......so will have to put them up in hotels somewhere. Then there will be three meals a day to feed everyone, not just one birthday meal. Hubby is doing better and getting a little stronger. He still needs lots of help which takes all of my energy. I guess right now I'm just not up to the three ring circus that this will entail. Enough of this, I really need to get busy.
Old 08-09-2015, 07:04 AM
Master Fan

Wow PodMom you are really jumping at the OC, work work work everywhere you go! I'm so sorry to hear about your flowers and that the neighbor didn't water enough. I know you love your garden out there. Hope you get all the paperwork sorted out that you need! So soo complicated! And it's too bad you have to clean up messes from previous visitors at the Haven, too.

Wen I love your Mother's birthday tiara! Nice touch! Although Mr Keepsmiling doesn't seem the tiara type - LOL - although they make those novelty hats that look like birthday cakes with candles on top. Hosting a bazilion people from out of town downs like a whole lot of work. Seems like kids could put themselves up various places and help out a bit more.

We had a lovely day, although I forgot how exhausting 'having a good time' can be, all that walking and standing in line, fresh air and sushine and spinning around and the crowds and looking around for something to eat when you realize you're starving and it taking too long to find the right thing/place to sit down. Mlette's being a vegetarian rules out a lot of food options!

We brought swim stuff for the water slide part, but left it in the car; decided if we were hot/liked the look of it, we could get our hand stamped and go out again to the car and get the water stuff. Well, we left it in the car.

We did the milder rides, ferris wheel, merry go round, gondola ride. MLette didn't want any of those that spin you so hard and plaster you against the wall (and then the floor drops out), and neither of us wanted those giant scary rides where they people screamed bloody murder. LOL, we were screaming on the tilt-a whirl (spinning seats shaped like shells). We are NOT 'thrill seekers'!

We didn't even eat too much 'fair food' although there was plenty of fried dough, cotton candy, popcorn, etc. The kids there were all pretty cute; their parents, not so much! I never saw so many tattoos and piercings in one place in my life! But that's what young parents look like nowadays. A fairly unattractive crowd, overall.

It's a lovely old park with very big shady trees, beside a lake, and very clean and well run, clean cut young people running the rides, lots of security, lots of people behind the scenes cleaning up, picking up, etc. I was wondering how they break even every summer, with such a huge staff and operating expenses, plus every year they have to come up with some new improved ride to lure people in. I guess it's no surprise so many old parks close up, must be tough to keep them running/slim profit margin.

They did search everyone's bags going in, though less for weapons and more because they didn't want people bringing in their own food or drinks, because that's where they make the money, aside from the entry fee (and the various arcade and games of chance things - where you generally have NO chance!).

And then Mlette said "Well, what are we doing tomorrow?" Her roomate took a trip with her boyfriend, so she's up for more weekend adventures! One adventure for me is plenty!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 08-10-2015, 05:07 AM
Total Fan

ML.......sounds like a fun weekend. But I'm like you, I do wear out after a while and the younger folks are still going!
Old 08-10-2015, 01:12 PM
Master Fan

We went shopping Sunday - to the local flea market, which is small and never has anything we want and full of hipsters, and went to Kohl's with some coupons, but didn't feel like trying anything on! LOL! That mall is so sad, though - the two anchor stores, Marshalls, and Kohl's at either end are great but the whole mall in the middle has gone way down hill, all the nice stores and places to eat went out, replaced by cheap fly-by-night stores or empty store fronts. Even the McDonald's closed up! Kind of sad.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 08-14-2015, 05:05 AM
Master Fan

Oh man was I sick last night - think it must have been food poisoning, not sure from what, although I bought a container of chocolate covered almonds, and they tasted so bad, I closed them back up, and planned to return them to the store today, so could have been that. I don't ever remember throwing up that much, and then throwing down soon afterwards. Stayed home sick from work today, just because I wasn't sure if it was done or not, and if I'll ever eat anything again.

Mlette was here, we had a nice supper, and were figuring out how to play Uno card game and BLAM! Sick! LOL, she packed up her stuff and went home right away - some nurse!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 08-16-2015, 12:08 AM
Addicted Fan

Hi Everyone!

MyrnaLynne, I'm so sorry to hear that you were sooo sick! You Poor Dear having to go thru' that! Sorry to hear that Nurse MLette ran out on you tho'! But I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better now!

I'm so glad you had such a nice weekend last weekend! It sounded like so much fun! And I don't like scary rides either! But I Love the Carousel!

I hope you're having a good weekend now!

Keepsmiling, I'm glad you liked MOTHER'S Birthday pictures. She really did have a good time being Honored, and being Center Stage! She'd like that DAILY! LOL! Well, she is being waited on at the Rehab Facility so she Really likes that! I mean they bring her meals to her, and wheel her wherever she has to go, but she does have to work a little in Physical Therapy, and then she gets to go back to bed afterwards, or she'll sit in the wheelchair for a little while, while having a snack. They really don't work her too hard in PT.

I'm glad to hear that your Hubby is getting a little stronger! That's Great!

And whatever you decide to do for Hubby's Birthday, I'm sure it will be wonderful!

Hi Poddy, When You Pop in! You haven't been here in a while, I hope Everything is Okay with You and Your Family! Been thinking about You A Lot!

Biggest Hugs to All,
Wen
JB's Obsessed Fan#64
( I LOVE JASON BEHR!!!)
...Mother Theresa
Old 08-16-2015, 11:46 AM
Total Fan

ML........are you well now?
Old 08-16-2015, 05:32 PM
Addicted Fan

I hope Everyone is staying cool this weekend! It is now 105 degrees here at 5:30 pm! All I can say is Thank Goodness for air conditioning!

Biggest Hugs to All,
Wen
JB's Obsessed Fan#64
( I LOVE JASON BEHR!!!)
...Mother Theresa
Old 08-17-2015, 07:20 AM
Master Fan

I was only sick Thurs night, but I stayed home Friday, just in case. Yesterday my computer at home decided to stop talking to internet/email, so I couldn't get online all day and drove me crazy, plus crazy with frustration trying to get it working again (so far, it's still not working). Might have to call Geek Squad or one of those services.

Amen about the AC Wen it's going to be 95 here or something today and has been hot for several days. :< Phew! I hate the heat!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 08-22-2015, 03:12 AM
Addicted Fan

Hi Everyone!

So sorry to be sooo MIA.

Just a quick pop-in to say Hi, and I'm still alive, and MOTHER is doing fine and now I have another kink in the works... I've come down with SHINGLES! UGH!
Just what I need! NOT! They are very painful!
With all the meds I'm on for them, they are making me dizzy, so it's hard to see straight to type, so I'll end here.

I Hope Everybody is doing well!

Biggest Hugs to All,
Wen
JB's Obsessed Fan#64
( I LOVE JASON BEHR!!!)
...Mother Theresa
Old 08-22-2015, 06:50 AM
Master Fan

Wen I'm so sorry you have shingles!!! How aweful :

Our computer still isn't fixed yet. I was on the phone again last night with my son; trying to get it to hook to the internet, but nothing worked Igot a coupn for the Geek guys to come out. Meanwhile I'm onmy Kindle and typing is a royal pain.

We're going to the Fair today, even tho it's cloudy and looks like rain.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Closed Thread   Post New Thread