Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2016, 07:41 AM
Elite Fan

keepsmiling
Old 01-19-2016, 08:01 AM
Master Fan

? Mlette doesn't work for Mrs Boss anymore/only ever worked part-time there; she works as a nurse at a different hospital. Been there almost 3 years, got a big raise.

She laughed when she came over yesterday and saw the big chair! She said she might take it for her apartment. It's too big for our space.

Sorry the good aid is going to quit PodMom, sorry this road with Viv care is so hard. Watched a PBS thing 'Nine to Ninety' about an Italian family from Philadelphia dealing with caring for their 89-year-old parents who were living with them in California. Getting old is tough; caring for people who are old is tough too.

Wen your doctor is such a scamp, making you laugh during surgery (hm, 'keeping you in stitches'?) I hope the lingering headache and effects of the procedure get better soon!

We had snow Saturday night - not a lot, maybe 4 inches, and it was fluffy, but still - here comes winter! It was only about 10 this morning too. Cold .

After waiting 2 years for it, our future cruise is only 80 days away now! And I'm still not that keen on going, I don't know why. It's all set but the packing and getting to the charter bus in NH we're taking to the boat in NJ (and back again afterwards). Oh well, I'm hoping by April it will be Spring again.

Time for new JOF's thread!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan

Last edited by MyrnaLynne; 01-20-2016 at 08:25 AM
Old 01-20-2016, 09:47 AM
Elite Fan

Cold here too ML been getting Viv out all week cause the big snow storm is supposed to come this weekend so I won't be able to get her then. Thanks for commiserating about the Viv care... it just has been SO long with no end in sight...but you just have to play the hand you're dealt and do the best you can ( plus I realize often that any hand I've been dealt is way way better than most people throughout the world and over the centuries that is for sure...very spoiled we are here and not grateful enough on the whole in the so called western world) Wow it's been 2 years...seems like you are always on a cruise to me I want a vacation!!! I have to make it happen soon.

Good for Mlette!!!! So proud of her.

I've caught up on Downton...enjoying it ...not too interesting but nice to watch them tie up all the ppl and it looks like happy endings for all.......although

spoiler alert

I'm a little worried that the father had some indigestion
Old 01-21-2016, 12:28 PM
Master Fan

Mr ML is sure either Robert or Granny will need some advanced medical care and she'll change her opinion about joining the village hospital with the bigger hospital (good thing she doesn't live to see the National Health Service!)

Lovely wedding, and I'm glad they told Lady Mary to stop being so BOSSY!

And a potential love-interest for 'Poor Edith' - I don't know why she didn't fire that beastly abusive Editor guy long ago - it's HER magazine/she's the boss/owner. I keep hoping that guy who disappeared in Germany will come back and surprise her (and baby Marigold, who has such a huge head, I wonder if there isn't something wrong with her), but I suppose he's really been killed and isn't returning.

We love Downton!

Off to New thread for 2016!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Closed Thread   Post New Thread