Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2018, 05:11 PM
Master Fan

I was only happy there was a new Roswell in hopes the author of Roswell High, Melinda Metz, will make some money (she ought to!) She's very nice.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 05-31-2018, 01:14 PM
Elite Fan

Such a lovely way of thinking
Old 05-31-2018, 05:40 PM
Elite Fan

Silver lining thanks ML

So I have watched every season of American Idol....ML is kinda proud to say she hasn't seen one we usually like the same shows but not this one.

So the final 2 during the big reveal let out that they were couple and they were two really talented kinda nerdy kids that hadn't had many if any relationships. The boy lost like 80lbs and transformed during the season and they were both such sweeties so it was really cute
Old 05-31-2018, 07:39 PM
Master Fan

I didn't watch but I heard about them blurting out at the end that they were a couple. Aw, sweet! I like singing so I don't know why I never watched it (probably nasty Simon Cowel when he was there). IDK, or wishing they had something like that when I was a kid and had a great voice . I liked to watch The Voice blind auditions at the beginning, but I have no interest in the 'battle rounds' and all the coaching and playoffs that come later and most of the winners have vanished without a trace/music career, I think.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 06-01-2018, 04:37 AM
Master Fan

I can't believe American Idol is still on.
There are soooo many talented singers out there its crazy to think anyone has a chance to make it big. It's insane, it really does boil down to your personality and your story.
That's funny you and ML don't agree on that one show.

I'm Aubrey
Old 06-02-2018, 05:47 AM
Elite Fan

I used to watch the singing shows but feel now they’re all the same - full of people with ‘sob stories,’ who ‘really really want it!’ And most of the winners disappear. It seems only the very early winners have had success!
Old 06-03-2018, 05:56 AM
Elite Fan

I know the sob backstories get tiresome...sometimes they are very uplifting though. I just love music and I enjoy how happy the kids are about making it....the show just makes me smile. Katy Perry who I was ready to be annoyed by was so so funny. The Luke guy was ok and Lionel Hampton was just plain annoying.

ML I wish you could have been on a singing show too! You are never too old for the voice I like the blinds the best too!! Yea the voice winners never make it big. A lot of the not winners have made it big from idol not just the winners. Jennifer Hudson for one.
Old 06-03-2018, 06:11 AM
Elite Fan

Yes Jennifer Hudson is now a judge on The Voice UK Given the number of seasons and shows though, very few make it, at least on an international level.

I used to be a little obsessed with them with years ago Which is probably why I am bored with them now! I don't know about US versions, but over here they used to put 'joke' acts though i.e. people who can't sing at all....just to make it funny. And of course people would vote those people though over those who could genuinely sing....
Old 06-04-2018, 05:36 PM
Master Fan

Gosh what ever happened to that Clay Aiken guy? Did he not win?

I'm Aubrey
Old 06-04-2018, 06:56 PM
Master Fan

Last I heard, I think he was running for some political office (and didnt' win)? But that was awhile ago.

Ruben Stoddard is another guy who I think did okay after Idol. Chris Daughtry I think was on and had hit records and such.

Yeh, I'm too old, voice isn't what it once was, and I don't really want to do that stuff, be voted on and coached and I don't know - that ship has sailed! Sort of like Jeopardy, good at answering the questions, but the speed isn't there anymore, and on either of them, wouldn't want to go on just to blow it and be humiliated.

I think Katy Perry is nicer/funnier than people think, although I heard she kissed some young guy during the auditions and he was upset about it (a religious guy who was 'saving himself; or whatever?)

Yes, the UK version seemed to like to make fun of people more - that's why that sort of goofy gal who came out and sang "I Dreamed a Dream" and turned out to be such a good singer and blew everybody away and then had a singing career - blanking on her name. People expected her to be a joke and she surprised them. Although people come to the US auditions who are totally tone deaf, and seem to think they are the greatest singers in the world - that's pretty sad too. Reminds me of the awful opera singer in the subway - way off pitch and a terrible singer and there she was, warbling away and expecting people to give her money for it! I was tempted to pay her to stop singing until I'd left the subway station.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 06-05-2018, 10:10 AM
Elite Fan

The US version of idol had the ringer bad singers too. Some were obviously out to be weird and just get air time but some were just clueless and really thought they could sing and that felt mean to take advantage of them. It has been a long time since they put the goofy singers on.

David somebody also made it and still tours...the one that one of our FF pals follows ML blanking on both their names speaking of not being as quick qith the answers.

I like Jason's voice to bring it back to him he did a good job singing in TEOTW eppie

Old 06-05-2018, 01:23 PM
Elite Fan

Over here, you have to go through at least 3 rounds before you even sing in front of the judges, so the awful ones are just there for a joke. It’s cruel but I guess you know what you’re getting into!!
Old 06-06-2018, 05:44 AM
Elite Fan

Same here on Idol....the judges don't see the contestants till they get through the weeding out process. The bad ones were stuck in for "fun" and sometimes it was a lot of fun and some of those pps made a career out of the Idol spot light.

I wonder how that great singer that was so awkward socially is doing in the UK? That was an amazing moment. Goose bump worthy.
Old 06-06-2018, 10:00 AM
Elite Fan

Susan Boyle....I feel sorry for her. I think they totally exploited her. She has mental health issues and I don’t think that was ever considered by the people ‘looking after her.’
Old 06-10-2018, 08:19 AM
Master Fan

Yes, Susan Boyle. I heard she was going through a bad patch.. feel bad for her, she totally was exploited.

Scottie was our friend who really liked (and still follows) one American Idol fellow.. argh, also blanking on his name! LOL! PodMom and I are OLD, we forget stuff. He seems like a really good guy, does a lot of charity concerts I think.

I think that's the problem, there have been SO many episodes of all these shows, Idol, Voice, etc, how many people are going to become big stars?
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Closed Thread   Post New Thread