Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2016, 08:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh no, what castle??

Old 01-05-2016, 10:46 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah there's really bad flooding in Scotland and North England. And the rain keeps falling!! Luckily my parents live on a hill on the outskirts of a small town, so no chance of their house flooding (although my dad's business is pretty close to a river, fingers crossed it's okay!)

I had no idea about the castle though, I had to goggle it! It's Abergeldie Castle which is close to Balmoral (The Queen's Scottish home ;0) Never heard of it!
Old 01-07-2016, 11:02 AM
Master Fan

I hope your Dad's business is safe! Yes, they said that castle was near Balmoral and the Queen's estate.

I was worried because I just bought Mr ML sort of a joke gift - it's 1 sq ft deed to Castle Dunan in Scotland, so he can be a Scottish Laird for a year. I thought with his love of "Gosford Park" and "Downton Abbey" he'd fancy being lord of a castle (even if only a tiny bit). Although more likely he'll think it's a stupid birthday present/look at me like I'm crazy. The shares money goes to help keep up the Castle (or else it's just a tricky scam for gullible Yanks).
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 01-07-2016, 07:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hahha awww, I think that's a cute idea!

Old 01-07-2016, 07:15 PM
Elite Fan

Awww MyrnaLynne I love that idea!! So cool to give something a little different! Hope he likes it!

Thank you So far everything seems fine...really hope the rain is soon replaced with snow!!
Old 01-09-2016, 09:58 AM
Elite Fan

sending my best no flood for dad wishes too!!

Hope the castle makes it...not like they are building new ancient castles any more....we need to keep the ones out there.

So I looked at the in danger boards....it was up there.....really surprised at some that are on it and really happy we aren't...have we ever been anyone know?
Old 01-10-2016, 04:47 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you! Now there's tons of snow! But all is good

I don't think we've been on it for a while....? Right now we are doing rather nicely!
Old 01-10-2016, 08:16 AM
Elite Fan

We are

Snow on the Castle? Is it still standing?
Old 01-10-2016, 08:19 PM
Elite Fan

Umm no idea.... I guess so as I haven't read anything about it.
Old 01-11-2016, 05:51 PM
Master Fan

there's a snow castle? im so lost.

Also love your gift idea Myrnalynne!

I'm Aubrey
Old 01-11-2016, 06:36 PM
Elite Fan

no, snow on the castle... Like because of the weather.
Old 01-12-2016, 06:41 AM
Master Fan

ok i read it way to quickly!!

they have ice buildings here in canada during winter so a snow castle isn't far off.

I'm Aubrey
Old 01-12-2016, 10:11 AM
Master Fan

Mr ML opened his Scottish Laird castle gift and it had a photo of a kilt and sporran on the front - and he thought I'd bought him a sporran (that purse sort of thing that hangs in front of a kilt). He's so funny. Once he figured out/I explained what it was, he thought it was kind of cool, and he liked that it was for charity/to keep a castle going. I have to send in the form to get our certificate, etc. It's Castle Dunan in Argyll. :> If we ever get to Scotland, we can visit (and he can fish in their stream).
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 01-12-2016, 11:30 PM
Elite Fan

I'm so glad he liked it though!!

Oh cool Aubie. Buildings you can go into too? They have an ice hotel in Sweden, i'd love to go and stay there.
Old 01-13-2016, 06:58 AM
Master Fan

Mr ML minds the cold terribly, and so does my daughter. I can't imagine them ever wanting to go to an ice hotel, ice bar, or anyplace with 'ice' in the name! We had a little snow last night, and it melted a bit/stuck and now we have an ice city!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Closed Thread   Post New Thread