Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2004, 09:31 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by LTL:
<STRONG>I was born in the year of the Ox too, just a somewhat earlier one than JB. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Maybe my mother lied about the year of my birth, because I am not at all good with my hands. I quit Girl Scouts because they kept making me do stupid crafts. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Nah, I never made it out of Brownies. I couldn't draw a straight line to save my life, and paint? Sure, where do you want me to glob it on?

BTW, am I the only Dragon here so far?
Old 01-23-2004, 09:39 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by LTL:
<STRONG>Maybe my mother lied about the year of my birth, because I am not at all good with my hands. I quit Girl Scouts because they kept making me do stupid crafts. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>

I hated selling those stupid cookies. [img]smilies/puke.gif[/img]

I was born the Year of the Monkey. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] That explains why I like to monkey around. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

If you are born in the Year of the Monkey, you are very intelligent, well-liked by everyone, and will have success in any field you choose. Lucky old you!

[ 01-23-2004: Message edited *Vicki* ]
Old 01-23-2004, 09:45 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Olderroswellfan:
<STRONG>Question for you all, especially Vicki and Behr Buddy-

Did Jason express any interest or desire to direct or write an episode of Roswell? Does he have interest in this the future?
</STRONG>
I was told by a crew member that he was interested in directing an episode had they gotten picked up for a season 4, but I don't know how truthful that was. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-24-2004, 10:02 AM
Master Fan

I know Jason has also said something about writing - but for a man of as few words as he usually is, I kind of have trouble picturing it! LOL! But I know anything he puts his mind to, he can do and do well. And maybe he has lots of words, he just keeps them to himself (along with everything else). sigh. He's definitely very eloquent.

Rats and Boars (pigs) are not 'bad' like in Western connotations, in the Chinese zodiac. MLette is a piggie and they are very nice indeed (and not slobby either). Snakes aren't bad either, don't have that 'Garden of Eden' connotation in the East. Roosters are very cool. My friend Justin is a rooster [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] and he is the coolest and funniest guy.

It depends on the month of birth, too - for years I thought Mr ML was a Dragon by the year he was born, BUT his birthday is in early January and the Chinese year begins at the end of January/early February - so actually, his Chinese sign belonged to the year before - and turns out he's a Bunny! Hahahahah. So that could explain some people's Chinese horoscope disparities.

I find this stuff so interesting! Always liked 'western' astrology and Chinese astrology just adds a whole other layer of understanding about people. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Although I just find it interesting, not one of those 'let it rule your life' or 'read the horoscope every day before leaving the house'.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 01-24-2004, 11:10 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Taffy:
<STRONG>

Nah, I never made it out of Brownies. I couldn't draw a straight line to save my life, and paint? Sure, where do you want me to glob it on?

BTW, am I the only Dragon here so far?</STRONG>

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] No,no me too! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Here's what it says about Dragon's:
Dragons tend to be popular individuals who are always full of life and enthusiasm, with a reputation for being fun-loving. They make good priests, artists and politicians.

Priests? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]...Hmmm, what's that suppose to mean?! [img]smilies/goof.gif[/img]
Old 01-24-2004, 12:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by pookie76:
<STRONG>

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] No,no me too! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Here's what it says about Dragon's:
Dragons tend to be popular individuals who are always full of life and enthusiasm, with a reputation for being fun-loving. They make good priests, artists and politicians.

Priests? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]...Hmmm, what's that suppose to mean?! [img]smilies/goof.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Hhmmm... well yeah... that´s a tough one, pookiemausi [img]smilies/mischief.gif[/img]

I´m a Rat [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Rats are said to be imaginative, charming and very generous to those they love - although they do have a tendency to be quick-tempered and over-critical. They are supposed to make good writers, critics and publicists.

How do I fit in there? [img]smilies/goof.gif[/img] Does not sound like me... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

[ 01-24-2004: Message edited MoonMouse ]
Old 01-24-2004, 05:01 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by pookie76:
<STRONG>

Priests? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]...Hmmm, what's that suppose to mean?! [img]smilies/goof.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I have a hard time believing in Horoscopes and the Chinese Zodiac, especially the Chinese Zodiac. It's not reasonable to think that all the people born in a particular year will share the same characteristics. Look at all the people that were in your grade, there are so many different personalities there. I'm Asian and my parents would always say to me that since I was born in the year of the Tiger, I would be this and that, I'm like yeah right. Ever heard of "free will" is what I would ask them. People who created these Horoscopes and the Zodiac are kings and queens of generalizations, they say very general stuff so that it will apply to most people. My parents threaten to disown me a few times because I would laugh at their zodiac...but hey that's just my opinion, I could be wrong!
Old 01-24-2004, 05:12 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Behr Buddy999:
<STRONG>

I have a hard time believing in Horoscopes and the Chinese Zodiac, especially the Chinese Zodiac. It's not reasonable to think that all the people born in a particular year will share the same characteristics. Look at all the people that were in your grade, there are so many different personalities there. I'm Asian and my parents would always say to me that since I was born in the year of the Tiger, I would be this and that, I'm like yeah right. Ever heard of "free will" is what I would ask them. People who created these Horoscopes and the Zodiac are kings and queens of generalizations, they say very general stuff so that it will apply to most people. My parents threaten to disown me a few times because I would laugh at their zodiac...but hey that's just my opinion, I could be wrong!</STRONG>
Well..I agree with you on that. Eventhough I have to say that some characteristics fit my description.
Uh...not the one about making good priests though.. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
I think it's amusing to read the horoscope or zodiac but I don't believe in it. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]Moonie? Are you trying to tell me something? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[ 01-24-2004: Message edited pookie76 ]
Old 01-24-2004, 05:35 PM
Passionate Fan

LTL: I was okay at most of the crafts type whatevers, but I quit Brownies because they kept on trying to get me to throw a softball way farther then I could throw it. And when my knitted square which was supposed to be 6" x 6" turned out to be 5" x 7", I sort of went "whatever" to myself and quit rather then redo the thingimabobby. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Olderroswellfan: Jason has considered directing. Here is a quote from an interview that was done in Ft Lauderdale during July 2000 where Jason responded to the question of "Would you consider directing?":

Would you consider directing?

Absolutely. I think it's a different responsibility, but the idea of being the ultimate storyteller, the ultimate decision-maker, and -- I should say the ultimate voice and hopefully the ultimate decision-maker -- is a challenge I would love to take on. . . You're the one with the paintbrush now, you're the guy with the paintbrush and the canvas, everybody else can add their color or multitudes of colors, but you're the guy holding the easel.

And here is a link to where I found the interview:
http://www.geocities.com/jason_behr/interview8.html

BehrBuddy: I am like ML in that I find reading horoscope type stuff interesting, but don't really take them all that seriously. And it is true that there are great differences in personality between all the people who are born in any one year. Same with the born in the same month type whatever.

Hey... I am a Virgo... which means that as per horoscope whatevers that I should be a neat and tidy nit picking type person... but I have never been particularly fond of house work. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Maggie
Old 01-24-2004, 05:36 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Behr Buddy999:
<STRONG>

I have a hard time believing in Horoscopes and the Chinese Zodiac, especially the Chinese Zodiac. </STRONG>
I feel the same way. There are too many people that were born the same year as me and we are so different.
Old 01-24-2004, 05:57 PM
Master Fan

Tigers are pretty nice though [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Our friend Jonda who used to post here is a tiger - and he's also a Leo - so a double 'big cat' (and he is a bit of a big pussycat too).
[img]smilies/cat.gif[/img]

I don't BELIEVE believe in it, I just find it another interesting way to look at people and the universe. And as far as one Aries being different from another, it also has to do with where you were born geographically, what time of day, yadda yadda, the sun and moon and planets, so there are lots of other factors than just your sun sign in astrology - or your 'animal' in Chinese astrology - there is also the factors of 'wood, metal, water' etc in that. So a 'water ox' (heh Jason) might not be like a 'metal ox' or whatever.

Yeh, ok, it sounds stupid as I'm explaining it too - but I find it intriguing, and at the very least, kind of fun! I don't believe our destinies are set in the stars, however. As you say, that's why G-d gave us free will!
[img]smilies/angel.gif[/img]

LOL, sounds like my daughter's best friend, who is Korean-American, and her folks are always chasing her around trying to get her to take Chinese herbs or do traditional stuff, and she doesn't want any part of it!

[ 01-24-2004: Message edited MyrnaLynne ]
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 01-24-2004, 06:21 PM
Supreme Fan

I started a New THREAD! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread