Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2017, 09:05 AM
Master Fan

Ekua maybe you won't stalk tall guys in stores but maybe now if you happen to run into one by accident and need something from the top shelf you will remember this discussion and DO IT

I thought that too about the camera angle but when I looked that pic up and saw it from different angles it was still a crazy looking thing
Old 02-22-2017, 12:25 PM
Supreme Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

Podmom maybe!! I'll let you know how it goes

Eeek if he's 5"5 and look like that next to Taylor....i'd be a midget!!
Ekua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 04:47 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

me too and I'm shorter than you Ekua!

I'm Aubrey
aubie_ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 12:31 PM
Supreme Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

I've learned to live with it!

Finding trousers to fit in the leg can be so hard though!!
Old 02-25-2017, 07:04 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

omg everything has to be hemmed! i hate it because it takes away from the shape of the pants!

I'm Aubrey
Old 02-26-2017, 03:36 AM
Supreme Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

Yeah!!! And sleeves are usually too long in tops! Such an inconvenience I usually manage okay buying from petite ranges but even then they seems to assume short people are all super skinny....i'm not!
Old 02-27-2017, 04:43 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

YES!! you're right Ekua about the petite sections!

I'm Aubrey
Old 02-27-2017, 05:21 AM
Master Fan

I am not happy about the brick and mortar stores closing by the thousands ( at least in the US) because of the reasons you guys are discussing I like to try on clothes before I buy them plus all the pps losing their jobs....Amazon is really taking over the world. I still haven't recovered from how the big malls took over all the small retail stores that were around and were so nice and convenient. We used to have a lovely small department store near me that sold everything and still had the old style pneumatic tubes that the sales person put your check or money in and off it zoomed to the clerk. Yup I am old
Old 02-27-2017, 09:44 AM
Loyal Fan

I might stop posting. I don't think this board has to worry. I just need to step away for a bit.
hereforshorttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 11:00 AM
Master Fan

Wow, had no idea Taylor Swift was so tall or Bruno Mars so short. Like the Oscar Red Carpet last night, Michael Strahan (ex-football player) was interviewing Matt Damon, and just towered over him - I never thought of Matt Damon being particularly short (he isn't, maybe 5'10?) but he looked like a kid next to that tall/big guy. Very odd.

I like your theory PodMom about G-d/nature averaging out heights by making tall men love tiny women. My nephew must be 6'5 or over and his fiance is teeny - or teeny by comparison. Same with my SIL Barbara, she's very short and David, her late hubby, was 6'4"! But it doesn't leave many fellows for tall gals like Mlette, to is 5'10 or 5'11 (or Taylor Swift).

And just yesterday Barbara asked some tall people at the supermarket to reach some jam on a high shelf - not shy at all! ;p

Yes PodMom we are about the same size and I have also shrunk and am closer to 5'6 than 5'7 now. Loved that tiny woman picture! They made some really dumb movies in the olden days!

Yes, malls put out downtowns, and now a lot of the malls are dying, I guess replaced by online shopping - they knocked down the whole middle of a nearby mall and are putting a gigantic grocery store in its place (Wegman's new to the area), with just the two 'anchor stores' of the mall at either end remaining (Marshall's and Kohl's department stores).

It's true, it's a pain to mailorder clothes (or shoes) and have to send them back because they don't fit. Plus shopping can be fun, get you out of the house on an adventure. Kohl's sent me $5 and Mr ML and I just went over there and browsed around and I got the coolest bath towels. One side is blue, with brown stripes at the edge, and it reverses to brown with blue stripes at the edge I don't know how they do that!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
MyrnaLynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 01:00 PM
Master Fan

ok hereforashorttime you're welcome any time. I know we are marking time with simple chatter till there is any actual Jason news and that might be tedious. Hopefully there is a sighting soon.

ML So you have ppl you know with the short/tall syndrome so my theory holds firm

They really did make dumb shows . I remember numerous ones both TV and movie that made use of the "big" props. It felt nostalgic seeing that pic.

I wonder how the younger girls feel about mail order?
Old 02-27-2017, 03:06 PM
Supreme Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

I hardly ever mail order! I much prefer going shopping little independent stores are closing in the towns but the cities still have the brand name stores...I don't think that'll change anytime too soon....I hope!

Haha Podmom we still have those money tube things in big stores. Staff use them to send money to the cash room when the till is too full!
Old 02-28-2017, 04:51 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

oh man what are these money tubes?!?! never seen them!

The mall near my house just got renovated so it better not close down, it's such a good mall it's not as busy as the other ones closer to downtown.

I love shopping in person, I think I've only ever bought online 5 times?!?! But never through amazon! they were like direct stores like old navy or something. i like seeing things in person. so i dont have the problem of having to send it back and waiting. i like the instant feel of receiving what i bought right away.

I'm Aubrey
Old 02-28-2017, 05:24 PM
Master Fan

that is really interesting to me Ekua that you not only know what those money tubes are but that you actually experience them. That is why I love our interaction. I find it so interesting to talk to ppl around our wide world and to hear in a very personal way ( ie we know each other after years of talking) what our different lives are like. Sorry Jason but that is why I have hung out here so long. Now mind girls I would LOVE for Jason to get a gig and to get to have the fun of that but you guys are why I hang here

aubie Have you ever done a bank drive in where you put your stuff ie money/deposit slips into a vacuum tube to take it to the bank teller. If so that is what these money tubes are like just a little longer.
Old 03-02-2017, 03:47 PM
Supreme Fan

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr

Right back at ya Podmom!

Yeah the big tubes....you can hear the pod going up!

Oh I love Amazon for books and a such.

Oh need to get the Feb post count!
Reply   Post New Thread