Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2017, 05:04 PM
Loyal Fan

I love this Williams discussion! I think one of my favorite movies with him was Bicentennial Man. The concept was really profound, but the execution not so much. Unfortunately I don't think it did really well in theaters. Aladdin I liked, not a fav, but Williams performance is a classic.

"You find me offensive, I find you offensive for finding me offensive "
"Oh mercy, mercy me. Oh things ain't what they used to be no"

Last edited by Kwikimart727; 03-21-2017 at 01:21 PM
Old 03-20-2017, 05:30 PM
Elite Fan

ML I agree with all your Robin notes...I think I missed the bicentennial man movie .... thanks for that list ....I had forgotten a couple. I still watch Good Will Hunting when I run across it....I love that movie....I haven't seen Pop Eye ( although I watched hours and hours of Pop Eye cartoons as a kid. ( young ones will have no idea of him)

Have I told you lately ML how much I enjoy your take on everything and I love that "we were separated at birth" basically very different type ppl that like the same things thank you FF and Jason

kwiki I love your take on things too

Ekua,aubie,Luxry,keepsmiling,Wen ,Mezz and all
Old 03-21-2017, 01:36 PM
Elite Fan

Kwiki i've never heard of Bicentennial Man. I'm going to have to add it to my ever expanding of things to watch.

Did anyone see One Hour Photo? I think it was a totally different type of role of him?

Aww Podmom I also love our similar (and different) take on things.

And I am the devils advocate.
Old 03-22-2017, 04:59 AM
Master Fan

I saw One Hour photo!! He was very creepy in it!!
Also loving these memories of Robin. I still can't believe he's gone.

I think this board for introducing me to ALL OF YOU!!!! You guys are awesome!!!!

I'm Aubrey
Old 03-22-2017, 08:06 AM
Master Fan

Also never heard of 'Bicentennial Man' and I thought "One Hour Photo" looked too creepy a movie for me to watch. Definitely was a very talented comedian and actor; seemed like a very bright and thoughtful man; had kind of a lonely childhood (upper class father who worked a lot/wasn't around much) as a weird kid, and then of course the drugs, women, and all that...

Aw thanks PodMom, yes, sisters separated at birth! The friendships from FF over the years have been the best. Made some very good friends through Roswell (and only met a couple of 'mean girls' along the way ) I think nice people attract nice fans - Hm, like I imagine somebody like Andrew Dice Clay (a rude comedian type) fans would be mean loudmouths?

'Aladdin' definitely has some really good Disney songs ('A Whole New World' sigh!) plus good enough that they made a successful Broadway show out of it too. Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, and Little Mermaid has music by Howard Ashman and Allan Menken, but then Ashman died of AIDS and Disney songs haven't been quite as good.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 03-23-2017, 11:36 AM
Elite Fan

Aww Aubie you are awesome!! Having you here is fabulous!

Oh the music in The Lion King is my favourite Disney music.

Is One Hour Photo worth watching?
Old 03-23-2017, 07:32 PM
Loyal Fan

Ohh yeah, The Lion King is my favorite Disney movie period. I watched it recently...it's been over twenty years...and I still don't forgive Scar
As for music, Pocahontas "Colors of the wind", had me reevaluating my life at 8 years old!

"You find me offensive, I find you offensive for finding me offensive "
"Oh mercy, mercy me. Oh things ain't what they used to be no"
Old 03-24-2017, 06:03 AM
Elite Fan

this comment from Ekua > And I am the devils advocate < made me laugh out load thanks for that

ML gosh we have been enjoying our escape to LALA land ( what we call this place girls not the new movie) through many years and some really tough life stuff. Good to escape to a fun place...healthy

Back at ya to our wee girls

time for a group hug

Old 03-26-2017, 02:43 PM
Elite Fan

Haha it's true though!!

Never seen Pocahontas!

Awww so much
Old 03-27-2017, 06:17 AM
Elite Fan

it is

I liked Pocahontas not as good of music but that one song is great and the animation is really pretty during it.

I love all stories about the Native Americans.... horrifying outcome for them....mostly due to disease from the Europeans and of course out right greed and lies

Where I live there is a road called Indian Town rd because there was an "Indian" town here. The Lenni Lenape tribe. There is a huge flat rock along the creek we hike and I always imagine the native women there doing there wash and hanging out it is such an obvious place to do that I feel sure they did.

I searched a bit but couldn't find a pic of that rock...I'll have to take a pic and post it next time we hike that trail.

Decided to post some of my world

I see this old little church ( now a part of the park....it is full of arrow heads etc) all the time

random pix of the creek

Old 03-27-2017, 03:33 PM
Elite Fan

Podmom thank you for those pictures. So interesting. The Church is pretty. Is it all set out for visitors now?

I'm sure you're right about the creek too It looks like a perfect washing spot.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:23 AM
Elite Fan

That little is part of the park and is opened once in awhile...at least it used to be. In that grave yard is the "ticking grave" if you put your ear to the grave site there you hear a sound like a heart...it is some underground rivulet or something.

It is prerevolutionary I think so older than 200 yrs...old for here young for you

this is a picture of a plaque on a monument in front of the church...talking about the Indian town and when the land was purchased

it says

Minguannan Indian Town
Was Located Here
The Chief
Machaloha or Owhala
and his people
of the Unami Group
* Their Totem * The Tortoise *
of the Lenni-Lenape or Delawares
Sold To
William Penn
The Lands between Delaware River
and Chesapeake Bay to the Falls
of Susquehanna River
October 18, 1683

that was your American history lesson for the day
Old 03-29-2017, 08:42 AM
Elite Fan

That's so spooky! So interesting though

Yeah 200 years is nothing My house is nearly that old!
Old 03-29-2017, 09:57 AM
Elite Fan

wow I know ...when I was in Europe I thought wow now this place is old!

up there Ekua
Old 03-29-2017, 12:09 PM
Master Fan

That's hilarious that you say that Ekua how your place is okder than 200 because someone said the same thing recently when they visited scotland! Our oldest buildings here don't come close to your buildings.

Also love lion king! I was actually went in a Disney store on sunday JUST because i heard the lion king soundtrack playing!!

I'm Aubrey
Closed Thread   Post New Thread