Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2015, 07:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Podmom - what you said is so true, though....I find alot of people pair up after high school because they're used to eachother, OR the pushy girls/outgoing girls grab guys that like the attention. I see pairs sometimes and I'm like...really? Not that it's my business!

I had to force a friend to consider online dating, she's been single for about 4 years and I still think she's too blase about the whole thing and needs to be more assertive. It's so hard to put yourself in those situations, that's why when I was single I would just quickly drink a beer or two and get my liquid courage, and that always seemed to work for me ...well, at first. Until the boys turned out to be lame!

But I think alot of girls wait for guys to make the first move, which is a mistake...

Old 06-02-2015, 09:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekua (View Post)
It is hard to find decent men! Especially here in Thailand. Pretty much all the guys I meet are just passing through, and I don't want it to just be a hook up kinda thing. And to be honest I don't really find Thai men attractive.

It's lonely and I worry about it constantly which is so stupid but I can't help it....

KaDee said she thought she was going to end up all alone with a lot of cats And that she didn't think it was possible to find someone to share her life with...so it gives me hope, haha!!!
I live in Singapore! Are you in Bangkok or Chiang Mai?
What they said, definitely. Go to those expat areas and grab a guy

My friend's sister went travelling in Europe and got to know a German guy and somehow kept in touch. Then he came over to Thailand and they travelled together. And only got together officially after the Thailand trip. Now they're dating through Skype and I joke that throughout their friend/relationship, they were apart longer than they've been together in the same place.

Thanks for the motivation podmom. I've never been in a relationship or even coming close to one. I keep telling myself I should go out to meet guys but I keep holding back.

Where is Jason in that cake photo??
Old 06-02-2015, 10:34 AM
Master Fan

I also can't find Jason in that cake photo...is it the guy in the background with shades and bonnet on?

And Ekua and Andi, the guys will come around. I really feel like if you are not looking and just do the things you love, the guys see it and would gravitate towards you. My bro in law, who is not at all bad looking girls... is having such a hard time right now looking for a decent girl who doesn't seem desperate.

You do have to be aggressive, but not too aggressive that it scares them off or think you're not the type of girl they want to introduce to their moms. But at the same time you can't be too shy or blend in and have other girls take centre stage.

I feel like there has to be a balance and once you have that balance, guys tend to flock.

It is tough when you're away from home, but I feel like you'd have more to offer because of your experience and independence out there. You just have to sell it right. Again, I also make these all sound so easy to do, but I'm sure you girls can do it! Just be confident, but again, not too overly confident.

I'm Aubrey
Old 06-02-2015, 02:23 PM
Elite Fan

every day is a new day...for pics plus our lives
Old 06-02-2015, 07:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Funny how you're supposed to just be you and things will happen, but sometimes that's not enough! If you're too quiet like me, people will ignore you But when things are meant to happen, they will happen

Otherwise they wouldn't have happened...

DEEP THOUGHTS

And yes Podmom!

Old 06-02-2015, 11:12 PM
Elite Fan

Andii I'm in Bangkok So cool you're in Singapore! Hey neighbour! (well, close enough!). Thank you.

I was in Singapore for a half day a few months ago because of a delayed flight to Bali. We ended up getting put up in a hotel for the night. I was shocked at how clean and organised it was! And expensive!

Yeah Aubie he is the scruffy looking guy with the shades and beanie hat

I am pretty quiet and shy so I guess that doesn't help! And feeling embarrassed at being single for so long, which is silly i know, but it's hard to stop the negative feelings.

Mini, Podmom, Aubie thanks for the words of wisdom! Deep indeed...but true!
Old 06-03-2015, 04:50 AM
Elite Fan

andi I missed seeing your comment before. Are you originally from Singapore? What a diverse and cool group we have here! I think if Jason got over himself and checked out his board he would be stoked to know there are people from around the world meeting each other and having some fun and connecting because of him

Really good thoughts coming from everyone here. Our little group is a good place to offload the fear and anxiety ...get support and perspective.

I agree aubie it isn't aggression that is appealing it is self confidence. So hard to achieve though when in new situations with people you don't know. Listen girls...you don't have to talk that much....just ask questions of the guy and then listen with real interest... look them in the eye and let them know they interest you with your steady gaze and beautiful eyes
Old 06-03-2015, 10:14 AM
Master Fan

Yes podmom I'm originally from Singapore.

Jason should definitely come All these years and so many are still supportive of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekua (View Post)
Andii I'm in Bangkok So cool you're in Singapore! Hey neighbour! (well, close enough!). Thank you.

I was in Singapore for a half day a few months ago because of a delayed flight to Bali. We ended up getting put up in a hotel for the night. I was shocked at how clean and organised it was! And expensive!

Yeah Aubie he is the scruffy looking guy with the shades and beanie hat

I am pretty quiet and shy so I guess that doesn't help! And feeling embarrassed at being single for so long, which is silly i know, but it's hard to stop the negative feelings.

Mini, Podmom, Aubie thanks for the words of wisdom! Deep indeed...but true!
I was in the Northern Thailand the whole of last summer. Haven't been to Bangkok in a long while.

I'm so spoiled by our cleanliness and organisation that I get a shock when I visit big cities like LA and NYC and their airports. Yes it's super expensive compared to the rest of SEAsia But in terms of transportation and food I find London and Toronto way more expensive. I cried over how much money I spent on subway alone when I lived in Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubie_ocean (View Post)
I also can't find Jason in that cake photo...is it the guy in the background with shades and bonnet on?

And Ekua and Andi, the guys will come around. I really feel like if you are not looking and just do the things you love, the guys see it and would gravitate towards you. My bro in law, who is not at all bad looking girls... is having such a hard time right now looking for a decent girl who doesn't seem desperate.
OH MY I WOULD HAVE NEVER FOUND HIM IF IT WASNT FOR YOU THANK YOU!!!

I get attention when I am overseas. None at all when I'm at home.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's true Podmom, eye contact is important! For some reason it seemed to work for me, in the past Except I think I was trying to give like, sultry eyes Maybe it worked!

Ekua I was single for over three years a few years back, and I started to think I was a freak and there was something wrong with me. It can be tough, I know!

Old 06-03-2015, 12:06 PM
Elite Fan

andi that is cool...now we get a new country to learn about ( well us yanks anyway)

Jason looks a little creepy hiding behind the sign in his hat
Old 06-03-2015, 06:22 PM
Master Fan

Great advices everyone!! Now go grasshoppers! You will find mates! If not right away, the Jason board will be here waiting for you to gush over until you find them!

I'm Aubrey
Old 06-03-2015, 10:20 PM
Elite Fan

I think if Jason looked at the board he'd be a little freaked we have a thread talking about his ears

Oh Andii I spent last Christmas in Chaing Mai. I really love it there, probably more than Bangkok.

He does look he's creeping around. There's a really funny video of him and KaDee at the John Varvatos benefit a few years ago. KaDee is being interviewed, and you keep seeing Jason walk by in the background, then disappear, then come back. Obviously he was waiting for her to finish but it's so funny to see him just pacing by himself Then she says something about how he looks great in John Varvatos clothes and he has this grin on his face before disappearing again

Thanks Mini! It's been nearly as long for me and it's frustrating as well as lonely! Trying to stay positive!

Thank you ladies
Old 06-04-2015, 05:28 AM
Master Fan

I know I was like reading the posts going, wow he needs to come out of hiding because we're talking about his ears now.

Ohhh Lisa, look for this video Ekua is talking about. Unless its in a thread here somewhere?

And positiveness shines through Ekua!

I'm Aubrey
Old 06-04-2015, 05:44 AM
Elite Fan

I remember the Jason lurking video I love the pic where he is holding her purse
Old 06-04-2015, 05:54 AM
Elite Fan

Me too. I love it so much It's been posted here a bunch of times but can't remember what threads!

Aubie I can't find the video It was on youtube but now I can't seem to get it at all!!

This is funny though. No Jason but she's talking about his amazing cooking skills. She has such a drawl here!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke9u...KS43t&index=38

And how Jason inspires her

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iidPHuIXH90
Closed Thread   Post New Thread