Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2004, 11:38 PM
Dedicated Fan

I am so jealous of everyone who gets to go see HEA! 6th Rock, you should kidnap me on your way through Tacoma and take me to Sonoma with you!

I hope everyone has fun!
Old 03-25-2004, 02:32 AM
Supreme Fan

SF Gate

LEAH GARCHIK
Monday, March 22, 2004

Gavin Newsom's going to speak about that same-sex marriage thing at Thursday's $100-a-person Gay & Lesbian Victory Fund lunch in Washington, D.C. Proceeds are to go "to retire debt for the Newsom for Mayor campaign.''
Meanwhile, the seventh annual Sonoma Film Festival, which runs from April 1 to 4, is going to show "Happily Even After,'' a movie in which Kimberly Guilfoyle Newsom plays a public defender and her brother-in-law, Geoff Callan (he's married to Hilary Newsom Callan, and he's also associate producer of the film), plays a hipster businessman.

The filmmaker is Unsu Lee, and the movie's so new that the Tribeca Film Festival is calling its May showing of it a world premiere.

That makes the Sonoma showings, on April 2 and 3, pre-premieres. And if there's a reception after that, it'll be an after-pre-premiere party.
Old 03-25-2004, 08:49 AM
Absolute Fan

Thanks for the info Vicki! [img]smilies/kiss.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Too bad I can't go to the Sonoma screening... [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img] I envy all of you who are going... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Nevertheless I wish you a good time and please post all the details later here, okay? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eyebrows.gif[/img]
#5 Member of the L.A.-ASC

Everything is not yet lost.
Old 03-25-2004, 09:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hey all--6THROCK, WENLUVSJB, TAFFY, ECCENTRICONE,AZUCARBEAR. I am going over to Sonoma this morning to make reservations at a good resturant so we can all meet up there on Friday. I'll PM all of you with the details later this evening. I still have to call ALIENMOM today to see if she's going to be able to make it.

VICKI, I had no idea that Gavin Newsom was so directly involved with this production. That means alot of glitzy people from San Francisco will be there, along with the artsy folks from Sausalito. Looks like it's turning into a big to-do.

Also on the schedule is the world premiere of Nicole Kidman's movie *DOGVILLE* Very interesting. I seen her on Extra or one of those promoting it.

I'll be back on the thread after I get back. I also want to check out the proximity of the different venues, how close they are together, walking distances, etc.

Cherie
Old 03-25-2004, 02:38 PM
Dedicated Fan

I have purchased my festival pass now, but have to do the danged photo yet. I am scheduled to land in Sacramento around 11:15am. I figure that I should be in Sonoma early to mid afternoon.

Kara
[img]smilies/triquetra.gif[/img]

Obsessed JB Fan #96 aka "Behrnut"

Just keep talking. I'll catch up. - Booth
Old 03-25-2004, 02:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Vicki*:
That makes the Sonoma showings, on April 2 and 3, pre-premieres. And if there's a reception after that, it'll be an after-pre-premiere party.
[img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] I'm hoping there'll be an after-pre-premiere party. And how cool that those of us who are able to make it to Sonoma are going to see HEA before its "world premiere." I'm so glad that I am able to pull it together.

Kara

Old 03-25-2004, 02:48 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Eccentric One:
<STRONG>

[img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] I'm hoping there'll be an after-pre-premiere party. And how cool that those of us who are able to make it to Sonoma are going to see HEA before its "world premiere." I'm so glad that I am able to pull it together.

Kara
[img]smilies/triquetra.gif[/img]</STRONG>
*Vicki comes running in and stomping her feet and having major temper tantrum!*

I WANNA GO SO BAD!!!! [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img] Stupid Head Gaskets!
[img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]

I want reports from all who go! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Pictures TOO! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

You all have fun! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-25-2004, 04:15 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Breathless:
<STRONG>I am so jealous of everyone who gets to go see HEA! 6th Rock, you should kidnap me on your way through Tacoma and take me to Sonoma with you!

I hope everyone has fun!</STRONG>
Debbi
I'll take you up on that!!! I should be hitting Tacoma at 4:30am. Should I expect to see you out on the curb waiting for me or do I need to come to the door and knock?!!! LOLOLOL!!! Come on, all the cool kids are doing it!!!!! You can bring along your latest chapter of Aftermath and read it to me on the way!!!!!

[ 03-25-2004: Message edited 6throck ]
Old 03-25-2004, 05:21 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Eccentric One:
<STRONG>
I'll be flying in from Milwaukee, WI and plan on arriving Friday afternoon. Is everybody else coming in from the west coast? Will I win the distance award?
[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

</STRONG>
Yep! You'll have me beat on the distance. I'm only about 780 miles away. You're about 2150 miles away.
Old 03-25-2004, 05:48 PM
Loyal Fan

Hey 6th rock, cherie, and all the others going to the film festival in Cali. Have a great time and please let us know of details!!!!! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Carol [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
#154 OBSESSED JB FAN
Icon by mesmerise
Old 03-25-2004, 06:02 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by 6throck:
<STRONG>
Yep! You'll have me beat on the distance. I'm only about 780 miles away. You're about 2150 miles away.</STRONG>
I feel rather anti-climatic at 150 miles away. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 03-25-2004, 07:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

Okay, I'm back. I'm PM'ing those who are coming with details. I picked everyone up a brochure and a 56 page magazine that has all the info about the event. Then I found a place called MAXWELL SQUARE, so I parked there next to the sign just for the essence of the name to permeate around my car. Also saw a store called MARK OF THE BEAR.Not sure what it is yet. Will investigate further. Then I had breakfast at the Black Bear resturant. They had these large napkins, white, with a black bear paw imprinted on them. Need I tell you that the waitress was questioning my cleanliness when I asked her for a stack of them?
Yes, Vicki, I got extras for you. If anyone wants a book, let me know. I can run over and pick up some more
and send them to you. It has the picture that Vicki put on line in it, and summaries of each and every movie.
Okay, I have to run so I can PM everybody. Be back later.

Cherie
Old 03-25-2004, 07:27 PM
Dedicated Fan

You'll have to show us these places. The trip wouldn't be complete without it.

Breathless, please let 6th Rock kidnap you. You are one of my favorite authors and it would be a real treat to have a chance to meet you.

Kara

Old 03-25-2004, 08:28 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Vicki*:
<STRONG>

*Vicki comes running in and stomping her feet and having major temper tantrum!*

I WANNA GO SO BAD!!!! [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img] Stupid Head Gaskets!
[img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]

I want reports from all who go! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Pictures TOO! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

You all have fun! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Given that gas is around $2.10 a gallon, it'd probably be cheaper for you to fly. It's usually about $100 or less, round trip for Vegas to the Bay Area. I could swing by the Oakland Airport Friday on my way there and pick you up. Or if you do SFO, you'd have the thrill of going across the Golden Gate - not to mention the thrill of traffic in general in San Francisco. Nothing like a cable car cutting you off in traffic or stop signs at the corner of every block while going uphill. Good thing I drive an automatic now, but the clutch certainly used to make it interesting. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-25-2004, 09:22 PM
Supreme Fan

Thanks Cherie! [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]

Taffy: I wish I could. We also just started our own company so income is real limited this month. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Too bad it isn't a few more months away then I would be there. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] You never know though, I am a spur of the moment person. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I am going to close this and start a new one.

NEW THREAD!

[ 03-25-2004: Message edited *Vicki* ]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread