Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2004, 02:53 PM
Supreme Fan

Magic! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Again thanks! You are loaded with goodies today. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2004, 04:58 PM
Extreme Fan

Nice to have the info, Mariel311! [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img] Spider-man 2 comes out on June 30! I'll go to see the trailer! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Can't wait to see more info about this!

Thanks Magic, for the info about the Cinescape article! And the Juon release info. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I definitely have mixed feelings about the JuOn release. I wonder if it will decrease interest in the English language re-make since people will have already seen the original. I realize from everything we have that the Behr/Gellar movie should be a new twist up from the original "JuOn" so that they could sell the re-make back to Japanese fans. And it looks like they're only going to give it a limited release? But I just kind of wonder if people could get tired of the concept before Jason's movie gets a chance. (I don't mean to sound negative.)

I just hope the release of the original JuOn whets people's appetites and sparks interest in the Behr movie. [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

[ 05-05-2004: Message edited Hoodie ]
Old 05-05-2004, 07:04 PM
Supreme Fan

Thanks Mariael311! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Guess I'll just have to go see Spiderman in the Theatre. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2004, 10:02 AM
Master Fan

Here is a link to the Cinescape article about Sarah Michelle Gellar. There's a photo of her with Shimizu, but Jason isn't mentioned anywhere in the article:

http://www.smgboard.com/forums/index...howtopic=14813

Michelle sent me this for the JBU news but it isn't really JB news if he doesn't get a mention. You can click on the pages and make them bigger and read the articles though.

That's very clever of them to release the original Ju-On to stir up more interest in the 'Grudge' later in the fall!

Are the smilies gone now that we've moved? That's kind of sad.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 05-11-2004, 01:43 AM
Absolute Fan

Hey everyone!
Sarah MG was on the front cover of ELLE here in the UK so I picked it up hoping that she would mention something about the Grudge! And she did! There wasn't a lot - and there was no mention of JB but the interesting thing that I did read was this:

Freddie on the last days of shooting planned a surprise party for Sarah and the castof the Grudge.

that was about it, but I thought it was interesting, I found something else too, can't remember squat though this FF change is really confusing meh! lol!!
Old 05-11-2004, 09:36 PM
New Fan

Well, I'm back!

I just got the fourth Grudge movie in th email, and as it is the most recent and higher budgeted, it is the best indication of the quality of the upcoming movie. I did watch the ending though- and I can tell you with that ending that this upcoming movie is definitely a remake, as it would take the series in a completely new direction.

Just to recap- creepy ghost boy- Toshio
Creepy ghost lady- hsi mom, Kayako.

In the fourth Juon movie, the first big scare comes when a pregnant actress is in a car with her fiancee talking about doing a TV special- hosting a documentary about a certain haunted house. The camera is above the car, and flies down to the driver's side.

We go back inside the car, and the woman looks between her fiancees legs- and Toshio is kneeling there. He grabs the wheel, yanks it, and makes them wreck.

Later, in the hospital, she finds out she has lost the baby, and as she enters her fiancee's room to check on him, Toshio pops out and touches her stomach- I nearly jumped out of my skin at this, since it was so unexpected.

In the end, after finding out she has not lost the baby after all (uh oh), she is in labor, and the lights start to flash, and the actress sees Toshio between her feet, at the edge of the labor bed, saying "okaasan, okaasan, okaasan, okaasan" over and over. Okaasan means mother, and the actress gives birth to a reborn Kayako, and the doctors all drop dead.

Cut to a few years later, and the actress is leading her daughter around in a daze. We never see her face, which is shrouded by her hair. The little girl, after a few minutes, kills her mother by shoving her down concrete stairs, and goes out into the world to wreak havoc, though she seemingly no longer has the ability to curse people.

So in any event, this was easily one of the best Juons. The first and second were TV movies, and the second one starts with 40 minutes of footage from the first, before continuing the story. Which made it seem like the first one wsa intended to be longe, but they hacked off the last thirty minutes, added 40 minutes of footage, and called it part 2. And the first Juon theatrical movie was kind of bleh. So I would rank this as the best Juon, in my eye. Hopefully it will be released as well as the first theatrical movie.

BTW- here's the rundown on all of the Juon movies. Maybe you can reprint this when the next thread starts

2000-Juon TV movie
2000- Juon 2 TV movie
2003- Juon: The Grudge (theatrical)
2003: Juon: The Grudge 2 (theatrical)
2004: The Grudge.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:56 PM
Supreme Fan

Randall! You made it over here to the new BOARD! I was wondering where you have been.

Thanks for the review! I will add the list of Ju-ons to the opening post!

Sounds like this is going to be a good movie.
Old 05-12-2004, 01:03 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Mariael311
Hey Guys!!!

I thought I would pass this along for everyone! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

A reliable source told me that the trailer for the Grudge will be shown before Spiderman 2! [img]smilies/slinkie.gif[/img] [img]smilies/slinkie.gif[/img]

And that it will be released around Halloween! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Heck yeah! There's going to be TONS of people going to watch Spiderman 2, that's excellent promotion for the new movie! I can't wait!

Dreamer Candygirl Stargazer Polarist
Old 05-12-2004, 08:40 AM
Master Fan

Thanks Randall and welcome!

I now have all the hairs standing up on the back of my neck, just READING about Ju-ON! This is going to be one really scary movie.

I'm going to have to watch most of it with a jacket over my head, I can see that.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 05-12-2004, 05:39 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks to Randall, Lilla, Vicki, and all who post info about "The Grudge!"

I really appreciate it! Especially Lilla coming over here to share info from SMG land!

And it looks like the original "Ju-on: The Grudge" will be playing at the LA Filmfest. Here's the info:

LA Film Festival

Ju-on: The Grudge
Directed by: Shimizu Takashi
Thursday, June 24, 9:45 p.m.

In a quiet Tokyo neighborhood, there lies a house that may be the most terrifying place on Earth and anyone who enters it is marked with a ghostly curse in this Japanese horror sensation.
Old 05-14-2004, 11:26 AM
New Fan

There's finally something here:

www.juonthegrudge.com

The site for the American release of the 2003 Japanese remake.
Old 05-15-2004, 07:12 PM
Master Fan

Thanks, Randall - now we just have to "watch this site"!

Are they going to call it Juon: The Grudge, I wonder? And I assume it's the original playing in LA at the festival and not Jason's new movie?
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 05-16-2004, 08:54 PM
Addicted Fan

Hmmm, Juon:The Grudge? I prefer just, 'The Grudge'.

Ahhh well, potatoes, potahtoes.

Meanwhile, I'm still fascinated by Vicki's caps of the Extra interview/snippet, and in particular, the lady standing behind JB with the huuuuuuuuuuuge sunglasses on. I'm enamoured by her, and her red fuzzy hat.....
Old 05-16-2004, 08:58 PM
Supreme Fan

Sarzy: Send me what every you are drinking.
Old 05-16-2004, 09:15 PM
Addicted Fan

Yo ho ho and a bottle of.......diet coke w/ lime???

I think it's the saccarine in diet coke that makes me loopy.

OR

I was born that way.....

I can't help it if I notice weird things. Jason is talking, and of course I notice the strange lady behind him.