Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2014, 09:18 AM
Total Fan

You're not missing much on TV these days PODMOM........I watch very little, such a waste of time.
Old 11-05-2014, 04:44 PM
Elite Fan

I know but I wish I had the choice
Old 11-05-2014, 07:00 PM
Absolute Fan

it's me inside your head
Old 11-06-2014, 05:59 AM
Elite Fan

I loved that scene

lots of talk about destiny on Roswell

Old 11-06-2014, 10:48 PM
Elite Fan

I can't watch TV as cable here is super expensive (needed to get English channels) and I don't understand Thai

There's a few good shows on (Scandal, Grey's, How to get away with Murder), but it's unbelievable how much rubbish is on! So many reality shows and such like.

All the little clips are awesome
Old 11-07-2014, 06:44 AM
Total Fan

I hear you PODMOM.......you'd just like to have your own time to chose what you liked and didn't like........I don't know how you keep going under that schedule and stress. Lots of prayer each day I'm sure!
Old 11-07-2014, 05:05 PM
Elite Fan

It ain't easy keepsmiling I know....I so miss having alone time thanks for understanding and sympathizing

down here at the beach house is hard cause it is so much smaller that in PA where I have a room and TV for mom and podad has the family room and another TV. Me I just get on FF and escape
Old 11-08-2014, 09:00 PM
Elite Fan

podmom you are such an inspiration. I can only home I can be as selfless as you one day!

I hope you get some alone, proper relaxing time soon
Old 11-09-2014, 05:48 AM
Elite Fan

I'm no inspiration trust me Ekua I'm doing this kicking and screaming inside much of the time it just is way hard to stick your parent or anyone in a home. Now that I really know what that reality is like it just is a hard thing to do. Lots of people do it obviously...or should I say many people have parents that led their lives in such a way that they have resources and kind of put themselves into a home by moving to a retirement community that puts you in the total care unit when they have to. That eliminates the need for the kids to do it to their parents so to speak. I plan on doing that and never doing this to my children God willing. But I will cop to at least really trying hard to get better at this and making a huge effort to keep her out of such a hard place. I only know one person caring for an elderly parent personally but I know lots of people out there are doing this hard thing too. I wish I knew some so we could get together and share. I've looked for online sites but haven't found a decent one.
Old 11-09-2014, 04:27 PM
Total Fan

PODMOM........I'm glad you have FF for an escape.........you need something to keep you from going over the edge. Besides, we get to share our experiences with you.
Old 11-10-2014, 04:48 AM
Elite Fan

Podmom I beg to differ. It takes so much strength to do what you are doing, and I honestly have so much admiration for you. My family put my grandmother into a home (although she needs 24/7 care, she can't do anything for herself anymore, she doesn't talk etc.) My grandfather kept her home for as long as he could but eventually it could too much.

Your family is very lucky to have you
Old 11-10-2014, 06:30 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you so much girls for the affirmation it means a lot this is a thankless job much of the time.

I just saw a piece on 60 minutes of the volunteers ...the ones I saw were from America but I bet there are ones form Britain.... working with the ebola patients...they showed exactly what was there I am astounded at the heros living there and risking their lives. Of course they are young to be able to work like that in the awful heat and with all the plastic covering them..they can only do it so long cause with the masks they feel like they are suffocating. I am so humbled by them. It encourages me to be a better worker here in my small very comfortable sphere....and to not whine so much

Now those ppl deserve so much honor......we better treat them better when they get back!!!!!
Old 11-13-2014, 04:41 AM
Elite Fan

Yes there's so many wonderful people out there doing amazing work, and putting their lives at risk to help those in need. The sad thing is, if a celebrity flies in for 24 hours on a private jet, they're super hero's but the thousands of 'normal,' people don't get any recognition.

If you could only pick one Roswell episode to watch over and over, what would it be?
Old 11-13-2014, 05:58 AM
Elite Fan

Well I have watched many over and over I guess the pilot then in no order.....Sexual Healing..... The End of the World.... Blind Date..... Busted.... White Room and the one after it....the one with of my fav scenes of all time ...I could only find it on utube as a music montage but this is a really good one to I Shall Believe...that scene that I love so much is at the very end.. > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF6azlUBcgY
Old 11-13-2014, 06:02 AM
Elite Fan

I know

But I meant only one episode. That's all you're allowed!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread